Boy Meets World

You Light Up My Union

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 22, 1999 on ABC

• perfect

What I liked: Shawn saying Rachel is a 'bad girl' after they reveal they read her diary, Shawn and Cory trying to look through the door peephole to see Rachel, Eric giving the man the money, and the man coming back at the end to pay Eric back, Eric promising he would never change, etc.

Good episode. For some reason the scene with Jack at the bank feels really depressing to me. The music, the two guys and the woman pleading with them, etc. This scene stands out to me because it for some reason really depresses me. But the rest of the episode is great. Cory and Shawn plot was funny and Eric was funny too. A+

Not as eventful as the past few episodes but it did feel like a break from all the recent drama this show has been going through (i.e. Topanga and her parents, the breakup of Shawn & Angela and Topanga & Cory). A very funny episode to say the least. We've got some great interactions from all the characters although some of them were borderline unrealistic. At least it's good to see Eric in a serious plot and his stupidity isn't so exaggerated here. An interesting delve in to Jack's character, and great interactions between Jack & Eric, their plot really shined tonight. Cory & Shawn checking out Rachel in front of Shawn & Angela was also very entertaining, and I'm liking the girls living with Angela, I don't know if I like it more than Eric & Jack living with her, but I like it, and just a nice funny ending. Was it a filler? Sure. Was it hilarious? Definitely.
  • It was great!

Jack and Eric work at the Student Union. Jack tries to make Eric to be like him. Eric goes to the bank to deposit the money, but sees an organ grinder and his monkey. The man tells Eric of a sad story of how the monkey won't dance because his girlfriend isn't there and Eric gives him the money. The man says that he will pay him back. Jack explodes at Eric so Eric starts being serious, too serious. Now he's mean. Mr. Feeny gave them those jobs so Jack would rub a bit off onto Eric and Eric would rub off onto Jack. Jack was too serious and Eric was too playful. Topanga gives Cory a key to the apartment. Cory and Shawn invade Rachel's privacy and she gets upset when Topanga and Angela don't defend her.

This was a great episode! I loved the part where Eric is reciting what he is supossed to do when he goes to deposit the money. I agree totally with what Rachel said. Cory and Shawn shouldn't have done all that stuff. This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!