BrainSurge

Weekdays 4:00 PM on Nick Jr. Premiered Nov 15, 2010 Unknown

JusticeLeaguer

BrainSurge Fan Reviews (18)

6.1
  • I got bored of this show after 3 episodes

The show has too many gross jokes and I felt like all the contestants were bribed backstage to not do thier best to make it look harder answering the questions. It`s like all the other Nick family game shows. It was full of gross jokes and I felt like passing out from some of them. It`s the toilet humor that has sent Nick down . All I can tell you about this show.
  • Brainsurge isn't that bad.

I know an idea for a new game shows on Nick is strange since they abandoned Nick Gas in the early 2000's. I actually find this pretty fun to watch sometimes. The idea of the game show that constants rely on memory is both perplexing and a bit of excitment. I'd sometimes when watching it pretend to remember the things in the gameshow as if I were a contestant. I don't know about you, but it's at least better than the teenybopper sitcoms we've seen from Nick lately.
  • Are these contestants brain dead?

Watching BrainSurge is like being dragged along a street of glass for 10 hours, it's really painful. The show is a new type of game show where contestants have to memorize things and remember them to score. Idea wise, the show doesn't sound too bad, but it falls apart once you see it. The show is NOT hard in the least bit. This show is just having a 5 second memory, and yet the contestants make it harder than it seems. It's insulting to see people over 7 not be able to remember some of the most simplest things ever. Most of the memories are just disgusting though. For example, they had to remember how many times a dog farted. Why? Who thought that was a good idea at all? Jeff is an utter moron of a host who always cracks lame jokes that are not funny to anyone. There's even a live audience and I am sure that they were payed well to enjoy this show, but in reality they hate it. This show is just utterly pointless. The host is annoying, the contestants are stupid, and the questions and challenges are not hard in the least bit. If you want a good game show from Nick, go see reruns of Legends of the Hidden Temple, Figure it Out, or Nick Arcade.
  • come on guys don't be so hard Brainsurg is pretty awesome.

come on guys don't be so hard Brain surge is pretty awesome. I love Brain Surge and i play it at home all the time. It's a fun game and it's a bit difficult you have to agree to that. There are sometimes where i would want to be a contestant. Brain Surge is one of my favorite game shows. The main reason i would want to be on Brain Surge is the Brain Drain. That looks so awesome to ride in. overall an awesome gameshow

• Come on! Just how lame can Nickelodeon get in making this kind of "brainless" game show? The most annoying thing about it is the host. Who hired that guy anyway?

I've seen many of Nickelodeon's classic game shows like Guts, Family Double Dare, Figure It Out, and Legends of the Hidden Temple, just to name a few. But BrainSurge? It's just the same old routine in every show. To me, after reading some other users' reviews on this show, they say the audience is phony. You guys may need a brain transplant. I mean, come on! The show is taped in front of a live studio audience--at least I believe so, do to my lack of sight.

I also agree with some of you users. Jeff Sutphen is kind of annoying if you watch the show too many times. I only watch BrainSurge for my guilty pleasure whenever I get the chance. In the second round of the game, when he tells the contestants that "What I'm about to tell you from my book of stories is 100% true," you can hear the audience laugh. The real reason is because they hide their thoughts of "Yeah right! As if!" And those thoughtless jokes he makes...gimme a break! I say, we should send Jeff Sutphen down--say it with me, everybody--the Brain Drain! Might serve him right for being the host.

I would also like to add that the puzzles they show in the first round need plenty of adjustment. Just how stupid can kids under the age of twelve be in trying to solve them? Jeff's stories are...well, you get the idea. As for the final round, the one thing many people want to see in any Nickelodeon game show is the winner getting slimed. They also need to get better prizes.

Overall, despite the stupidity of the show, I kind of like the music. I give BrainSurge a 6 out of 10. That's better than giving any Nick game show a miserable 1.
  • Brainsurge is the best I hope to be on that show someday

I love Brainsurge I want to be on there one day that show is funny and challenging that is what makes it good now if only I knew how to get on the show I guess I wanna be on Brainsurge because it is my new favorite show in the whole world and cause I would like to go down the brain drain or be slimed it has always been my dream to get slimed and it would be awesome to win and a honor I just love Brainsurge and anyone who is on there is lucky and I watch Brainsurge every chance I get
  • Finally,a great gameshow!

This kind of reminds me of Brainrush,and no,not because of the title.Well,it sounds alike,but back to the subject.Pick-Boy,who was better on U-Pick Live hostes this show.Level 1 has to do with numbers and mazes and stuff like that.Level 2 is my favorite.He tells a story and the 4 dudes have to answer them or else they get next to that disturbing boy's face.Level 3 is where you have to step on these steps on the floor and win all the prizes and get slimed.Well,why would he spoil what he gets?And why is Jeff not in his superhero costume?Well,he made a great game,but I miss Pick-Boy.This is a whole lot better than that stupid My Family's Got Guts.I miss Figure it Out or Double Dare 2000,but we finally get a future game show.Cn,lay off this show because all you got is this stupid reality shows,you idiot makers.That boy's face in Level 2 is way disturbing.Best future game show on Nick ever.I'll see about Fanboy and Chum-Chum.
  • They should air GAS, or something else again.

Okay, first thing's first. They should air GAS again. This freaking game show is too easy for me, and I can easily go through the 'challenges'. Plus, they're disgusting (don't watch on an empty stomach; I learned the myth of throwing up on a full stomach is false) and--not intelligent. What else can I say that the other reviewers haven't said already about this show? It can't hold a candle to GAS or any other game show. I'd rather watch Deal Or No Deal, and that's also annoying on its own sad, pitiful merit. Jeff should just quit his job.
  • Losing its luster... , repetitive.

5.6
    Well, it was good when I started watching it, but it is getting a little boring. The same thing, same prizes over, and over again. How boring is that?! Pretty boring ain't it? Well?! They should also make it more difficult. They can keep more money, and improve the show! Anyway, the scores are:

Graphics: N/A No graphics.

Sound: 8/10 Ehhh... well, good background music.

Dialogue: 6.9/10 Same thing over and over again.

Humor: 4/10 Level 2 is good, but not TOO good. The story is usually a rip-off of famous story with Jeff Sutphen taking place of the MC.

Host: 5/10 Mediocre.

Bottom Line: Repetitive, same prizes, same thing. No special editions that change gameplay. Falling apart.

Looks like my work is done here, so stay tuned for my next review!
  • is winning on this show actually an accomplishment?

this has got to be one of the sheer pointless game shows to ever be made. i hate everything about it, from most of the contestants, to the questions, to the people in the audience laughing at the most stupid moments. like when jeff is telling stories from his "Book of Truth" and the people in the audience are laughing. Makes me wanna gag. No offense to anyone who likes this show that is your opinion of course, but it is my opinion this is one of the stupidest things to ever air on TV. Overall grade for this- F
  • Probably the worst game show out there!

Nick, you're not meant for game shows! Nick tried to do this one game show a couple years ago, but it flopped within 15 episodes. Well surprisingly, this show is somehow still on the air. The basic point of the game is to solve questions. Most of the questions are pathetic. The crowd is fake. I watched 3 new episodes 3 days in a row, and I noticed the same people in the crowd every day I watched it. They are PAYING the crowd. To top thing off, the host Jeff sucks hard. He sucks at acting and most of all, being a host.

DERANGED LEMUR, OVER AND OUT!
  • A game show on Nick was a great idea, but they didn't use it properly.

2.5
    Phew, it's been a long time since I've made even ONE review. Anyways, about this show. Nickelodeon has been airing a lot of crap on TV lately: particularly live-action tweenage crap, and "BrainSurge" is one of them. The show is about kids who try to answer questions correctly to survive being in the game, and if one/two of them get the question wrong, they go down the Brain drain. I find the host Jeff Sutphen to be very annoying. I only gave this show a 2.5/10 because it's a game show, and I like game shows. I guess "BrainSurge" may be the worst game show, I dunno.
  • It had some potential, but unfortunately it wasn't delivered well.

I thought this was a good idea at first because I like game shows, and I think one for kids is a fantastic idea! Plus I liked Nickelodeon's original game show Legends of the Hidden Temple. And will I admit that I thought Brain Surge was…enjoyable for the first few episodes. But after I watched it more, I realized that I just don't like it. For one thing, the host, Jeff, is really annoying. I honestly can't stand him. He makes these totally lame jokes that he thinks are funny, but in reality, are really stupid. I also have a feeling he's not very good with children and treats them like complete idiots. A few of the games are somewhat challenging, but most of them are easy and usually I'm able to get every single answer correctly. It can be hard for anyone under the age of 13, but honestly the only one I find challenging is the second round where the children have to remember what Jeff did. Many of them, though, are filled with gross humor, such as saying which dog farted the most times. As if those things weren't bad enough, the one thing I really can't stand is the audience-it's fake! At first, I thought they were just using a laugh track…but then they actually should us the audience, which was a surprise to me. I think the producers pay them to laugh and cheer and clap and all that stuff, because they sound like they're being forced, almost like they don't want to, which I'm sure they don't. In my opinion, Nickelodeon should really bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple-even if it's just re-runs-and scrap this one.
  • My second favorite game show, but with the same rating.

No real review, so I'll do test screen after this. This is a really good game show. I'm trying to enter this and get SLIMED. I hope you enjoy it too. Now I'll go into test screen: a kdhsi nf hdfjhv d hr gdfk bkdfjhg e dfhjg jk gfdhgkufjd jgb,fgn jkg nxf fdg jgf ojfg nbf gb nbfx bbgj bgb bd b b g bh bfg bgkh fd hkb vd h b uh bf k bd bkj bdv kbj bd kbj vb kjb v bkjb v bk bvx kbj bcv b bvc b cv b c bk cv b; cv b v
  • A game show not worthy of the Nick name.

I watch this show when it comes on and I still don't think that this game show is worthy of the Nick name. This show is not good at all and to me it's rediculously easy. This game show primarily focuses on one's memory and reading skills. I feel embarrassed for someone who doesn't even get one of the questions right. It's so easy to get these questions right, just read the picture! If I was a contestant on this show, I could ace every question no sweat. Some of the stories that Jeff tells on this show can be pretty disgusting. For example, he usually puts his own head on computer-animted people, which I don't like one bit and they are NOT funny. I obviously think Nick needs to cancel this boring show and brick back game show masterpieces like Legends of the Hidden Temple, Figure It Out!, Guts and Double Dare. Overall, rediculously easy game show boing in most places, embarrassment to children everywhere, disgusting stories, and forgettable in every way.
  • Look, I'll give Nick some credit for introducing a new gameshow, but it's just boring.

When I first saw this show, I loved it. I thought to myself "Yes, Nick is finally doing something right."

But they screwed it up! Come on, the same thing every time! That's right, you didn't read wrong, It's the same show every episode! They don't even try to make it diffrent! It's the same format. They get 6 random kids, then they ask them questions, they narrow it down to four kids, they ask more questions, they get down to the last kid, they have the kid walk in a pattern on the floor, and the kid wins the game about 90% of the time.

Now, the show does keep me entertained for a few minutes, I'll give it that much. I guess for really young kids, it's a decent enough show. But can't Nick make a game show that everyone will like?
  • Are all Americans this stupid?

I live in Australia but had the opportunity to watch this show the other day with a younger brother who is younger than the contestants on the show. He got every single question right with no delay, while contestants on the show had a success rate of no more than half! How can these people get questions wrong? All they have to do is read! I know the USA has lots of stupid programming but i think feeding this to the children is a very bad idea, its not educational and its not difficult at all. Added to that, its just not entertaining or fun to watch.
  • Is it supposed to be difficult?

I don't even understand how this can be a game
    show, as game shows normally require a challenge of some sort. All this show requires is remedial reading skills and a three second memory, the fact that any child over five can get any of these questions wrong is an embarrassment to them, their parents, and their school.

Having grown up watching very old nickelodeon gameshows such as Figure it Out, Finders Keepers, and Double Dare, this is absolutely ridiculous! Figure it out, although easy, at least had a challenge. Double dare also had challenging questions for the entire family.

This has NOTHING.