Brandy & Mr. Whiskers Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Could Ed have Asperger's Syndrome?

KurtmanJP

[1]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 5

Hi, I myself was diagnosed with a form of high-functioning autism called Asperger's Syndrome. I just started watching Brandy & mr.Whiskers on the internet and I am HOOKED. There is one particular character who stands out to me: Ed. Why him? Well, he's pretty much my favorite character I have a soft spot for otters but more importantly, I think he might be an Aspie just like me. For starters, he has a large vocabulary, has overly formal speech patterns (calling Brandy "Miss Brandy" instead of just Brandy), rambles on and on about mundane things, speaks in a somewhat monotone voice and he's also very honest. These are all classic speech traits of someone with Asperger's. Also, he's very clumsy when it comes to sports and in one episode he said he had a fear of rollerskating. Many aspies have difficulty with things like bike riding and skating due to poor motor skills. Also like many aspies, Ed is very intelligent and observant but socially awkward and shy. Plus, in one episode he stated he had trouble understanding sarcasm (but then again, maybe Ed himself was being sarcastic) which is also common among aspies. There are a few Asperger's Syndrome traits Ed does not have like lack of empathy, fiery temper and the loner attitude. So do you think it's possible Ed could have Asperger's Syndrome? Also while we're on the subject, do you think Mr.Whiskers have severe ADHD and Brandy has Narcissistic Personality Disorder? And before anyone responds with something like "they're just cartoon characters", keep in mind that I am a little bit obsessed with cartoon psychology. Imagine if human real-life counterparts to Mr.Whiskers, Brandy and Ed existed in real life. Do you think they would have disabilities?

What Asperger's Syndrome is:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/AspergerSyndrome

Edited on 07/25/2011 2:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NoahBarrett

[2]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 7
    you know i never really thought of that,he possibly does.

ScampTVCritic

[3]Jul 3, 2013
    • level: 6

The writers could have made the characters out to be that way.