Brandy & Mr. Whiskers Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

I feel compelled to ask this, but...

imverybasic

[1]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 16

It seems as though for every episode of Brandy and Mr. Whiskers that I stumble upon on Youtube are flooded with comments about Brandy. Not bad ones, good ones. But even the word 'good' isn't enough to describe these comments. What I'm trying to say is is that people often put Brandy on a pedestal and for the life of me, I can't quite come to terms with it. Surely, people have often pointed out or justified their reasons as to why they like her (e.x., she's attractive, adorable, etc.) but then wonder what really makes her so great. Because let's look at the facts; she's vain, spoiled, self-centered, self-absorbed, not to mention that she's often rude to Whiskers. So I must ask, what makes a character like that so great that would make one or many favor her over Whiskers? Does anybody here like Whiskers?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CartoonFreak13

[2]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 9

I like both Mr. Whiskers and Brandy, but I just prefer Brandy. I really think although Brandy is generally mean, selfish or snobby, she really does show some genuine nice moments throughout the series.

MASF123

[3]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 6
    iamverybasic, the thing is that some people love characters that are funny, mean, and nasty, to other characters that are the complete opposite. Take Mario or Wario from Nintendo, half people rather like Wario for being an evil rotten thief who pushes everyone around, while other people would like Mario for being a hero and saving the princess.

Me personally, I like Brandy and Whiskers even. Whiskers is really gross though, but I couldn't hate Whiskers, he's voiced by Charlie Adler. That's one of my favorite voice actors. He voiced Buster Bunny, another cool character. Whiskers is very kind, and childishly naive, not his fault that he gets mistreated. Also reasons people like the character.

On the other hand, "Furries" are in love with Brandy, that can be another reason she's popular. :S

imverybasic

[4]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 16
    It's just hard for me to understand why, though. I just don't see how people would prefer someone as selfish as Brandy, over someone whose lovable like Whiskers. Like the whole Kim Possible thing. It seems as though Kim's pompous behavior always ends up with her thriving and receiving everything, while Ron and countless others who work hard at being kind and decent people, only wind up with/getting the short end of the stick. Now how fair is that? This concept has been passed down into society and people have grown to believe that life is supposed to happen that way, when really, it couldn't be more further from the truth. I think that it is unrealistic, unethical and unacceptable, especially to those who don't thrive as much as they should.