Brandy & Mr. Whiskers

Get a Job / Jungle Makeover

Aired Weekdays 12:00 AM Feb 03, 2006 on Disney Channel

• The season opener opened with some disappointing animation. But, overall, it wasn;t really a horrible episode, just disappointing.

Get A Job was not one of my favourite storylines. The directors for the episode were Steve Loter (Kim Possible) and John McIntyre (Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls). And, from the superb work Timothy Bjorklund, I think the two of them had major problems with the animation. Mr. Whiskers was drawn out of proportion and the highlight in the eyes of the characters were too much. ANother thing which I actually disliked in this episode was the use of the modern involvement. I think that the directors missed a major detail in "The Babysitter's Flub" and "Trouble in Store". In those episode, no one knew what a mall was. Luckily the currency was still shiny rocks. But in this episode, I did enjoy the fact Brandy and Mr. Whiskers do not fight as much as before. Maybe Dr Phyllis's stupid role-playing did help.

Jungle Makeover was better because it was directed by Timothy Bjorklund so the photos came back. I am actually happy for that and I really did enjoy the plot although I felt that it was predictable WHiskers would win the Jungle Makeover.

Overall, this episode was preety disappointing but at least the later episodes are better.