Brandy & Mr. Whiskers

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Brandy & Mr. Whiskers Fan Reviews (112)

• It's nice, really!!

It's about a pampered pooch and a simple-minded rabbit stuck together in the amazon among others they have yet to know.

It's very educational and really teaches their viewers important lessons like treasuring what you have no matter how little it is.

And here's a plus Point: it's funny!!!

The only thing I don't like about this is that in other scenes, I get bored. I don't know why. Usually, in my reviews, I put in a 10. The reason why I subtracted .6 there is because of that.

I'm not saying it's a complete waste of time. It's great, actually. It just needs a little bit of humor in the boring parts.
  • This was a good show that didn't get a fair chance.

I will admit that I thought Brandy and Mr. Whiskers was a stupid show from the commercials. But after I saw a few episodes, my feelings for it completely changed. Actually, when I was eleven, I considered it to be my favorite show. Now, though, I've grown out of it a little bit, but I still get some enjoyment when I watch it. It's very funny, and much funnier than some of the other stuff Disney's airing. It had a unique style of humor, but I guess that's what made it fun. The animation looks a little bizarre, but I think the way they draw everything is very artistic not to mention creative. The one thing I really like about it though is that it's an original idea! It seems like as the years pass, TV got less and less original, but this show was very creative with a lot of unique and cute characters. My only complaint with Brandy and Mr. Whiskers-as well as the reason I think it was cancelled for-is the gross humor. Many times this show could get really, really disgusting such as a scene where Mr. Whiskers pulled loads of earwax from his ears, the constant nose picking and feet-smelling jokes, and so on. Other than that, I don't really have a problem with this show. I don't think it got a fair chance on Disney Channel, though. If it had been on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, perhaps it would've ran longer than just too seasons. But unfortunately the producers went to Disney, and it was canned after just a short run…even if it deserved more.
  • Well...

After watching three unusual episodes of "Brandy & Mr Whiskers", I have come to re-review this show.

"Brandy & Mr Whiskers" is about two animal friends who have nothing in common. Brandy Harrington, originally from Florida, is a selfish pooch who only cares about herself (she admitted she was). Whiskers is a rabbit with a weird personality that usually gets on Brandy's nerves. But they still remain friends. I admit that the show had a somewhat unique plot (even though I see these kinds of things in movie films), and the characters reminded me of Johnny Bravo's short "Jungle Kid" (I think?). "Jungle Kid" also starred some animal characters, much like the ones on this show, only with more "sarcastic" personalities. Mr. Whiskers is the better character out of the cast. He can do the impossible and still does not get hurt. He actually reminds me of Spongebob, even if the both of them have barely anything in common. Actually, I find Mr. Whiskers' manners similar to "Lilo & Stitch"'s Stitch.

"Brandy & Mr Whiskers" does have some moral values that children need to learn during their growing up, but it is nothing new for me. But what I like most about this show is when everything turns into chaos (ex. the animals are chasing after Mr. Whiskers, who can play music out of his head). That is where the actual fun begins.

I know that this show is targeted to an age group I do not belong in. And although I am not a fan of Brandy & Mr Whiskers, my younger cousin is. Turns out that when I was watching the show, my cousin wanted to watch with me. He instantly loved it, which was of no surprise for me, because he happens to love every show he watches. But I can tell from his guffaws and expressions that he does not just love "Brandy & Mr Whiskers. He's become a fan. He wanted more.

Well, Brandy & Mr Whiskers does have an advantage on Disney Channel, and it certainly makes a fine cartoon - having all the material it needs to become a good children's show and all, including childish humour, moral value, and a charming cast of characters. But still, I won't be watching another episode of this show until, say, for a long while, due to schedule reasons.
  • I love this show but for a weird reason.

The weird reason why i love this show is because it contains yet another hot female cartoon character, Brandy. Everybodys fallen i love with a cartoon character before so if you wanna start something like say i'm crazy, I don't wanna hear it. We've all been down that road. This show is about a dog named Brandy who gets separated from her family & winds up in the amazon. She's friends with a rabbit named Mr. Whiskers who's technically a nut case. She befreinds him & they do all sorts of whacky things & go on whacky adventures. A good show. I hope to see more episodes.
  • Very good show and I'm sad it didnt get a lot of good/enough Reviews.

We'll I must admit, when I first saw the commercials for this I thought 1. Brandy was nice :P 2. Whiskers wasnt dumb. and 3. Brandy wasnt spoiled. So I was really shocked when I got the exact oppisite of what I thought lol. So because it wasnt what I thought it was gonna be it was hard to get used to it/like it, but after watching a couple of more episodes I really started to like it! I guess the only thing I didnt like later about the show, is how everything bad happend to Brandy and she got nicer!! In the earlier episodes, mostly every bad thing happend to Mr.Whiskers and Brandy was mean! But when everything bad happens to her she gets nice?!? Lmao I just didnt get it, but I still loved the show and I always wished Disney would bring it back, but I know thats not going to happen D:. oh we'll... it was nice while it lasted! :D
  • Starting to like it better than I used to.

After watching more episodes online or on television very late at night, I'm starting to enjoy this show better than I used to. I loved season 2 most of the time but season 1 was kind of a downer on me since the episodes weren't surprising or regular plots for episode of other shows, it was ok. I can bearly see this show anymore since it's like on once almost everyday at 3:30 am. I never really enjoyed the animation in this show to be honest but I love how the backgrounds are designed. I don't like many Disney shows either but I did like this one. It's too bad Disney completly trashed it. Final Grade: B
  • A Disney Channel Original Series, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers! Although, not too known after it's cancellation, it was still one of the best show's I've ever seen.

One of my favorite cartoon shows! It's very funny and unique in it's own way. It's also the ONLY show I'd watch on Disney, besides House of Mouse. I admire the theme and drawings for the show, they're cool and interesting to look at. The whole idea for a Comedy is genius in my opinion, because pairing up two completely opposite characters in a Jungle stranded together is something to laugh at. Survival relies on them both working together and getting along to survive, which these two obviously can't seem to do. The Theme Song is very catchy and is performed by Lou Bega, who is famous for doing Mambo No. 5. I wish I would have been able to see more of this series, but Disney had to cancel it for no apparent reason. Hopefully we will one day see this cartoon revived, if Disney actually listen to their viewers. Probably, they'll listen to us in the year 3010 when we'll all be dead. Nah, maybe 4101...3010 is way too early for them to actually start listening to us. Lol.
  • A good and funny show.

When I saw the first episode, I found myself laughing for this is a funny show. I love this show and some people should give it a chance. I am a fan of this show and that's why I gave it a really good rating as I see the humor on the inside. My favorite characters are Whiskers, Ed, Cheryl and Meryl for they are pretty funny and I also like Brandy.
  • Come on! This is a GOOD show!

I don't know why this show is being cancelled! I loved it, it was inventive and creative and I loved the characters... they shud get rid of shows like Jake Long or Buzz on Maggie! Because those are stinkers and this shows is a pure winner, don't listen to the bad reviews!
  • Definetly didn't get a fair chance.

If this show had been on Cartoon Network or Nick, it would've definetly ran longer. I think that the only reason it didn't make it is because it was on Disney Channel, and it wasn't advertised enough. There were only people I'd known who had seen this show and it were my two cousins, who hated it. The rest hadn't heard of it...or they never gave it a chance. After I saw the promos, believe me, I didn't want to give it a chance either. But, I did, thank God and within a few episodes, it actually became my most favorite series (I was 10-12 back then). Now, I haven't seen it in so long, so I don't like it as much now, but I wish it would return to Disney Channel. There were a lot of gross scenes in this show, like all of those scenes were Whiskers was smelling his feet, pulling out ear wax from his ears, and other times. However, there were some funny moments to this show and they had some great jokes in there. Another thing that I liked was the plots, for this show and the episodes. I think the plot idea for Brandy and Mr. Whiskers was extremely clever and all of the episodes are for the most part original and smart. They picked great voices to play the characters. The art work is well done and they have good artists. I really wish that this show would one day return back to Disney, cause I would rather watch this show than the other crap that channel has to offer nowadays. My final grade for this show is an 80/100.
  • It had a good run.

This show is about a spoiled dog named Brandy and a dirty rabbit named Mr.Whiskers who fell off of a plane and got stranded in the jungle. I wasn't really into this show but it was pretty good. Season 1 stunk, but season 2 got better. I wish it was on more but it's only on at 3:30 in the morning!, Disney should've gave it a better timeslot, but it stopped making episodes due to not much viewers, almost the same as what happened to Whatever Happened to Robot Jones. Disney should at least put it on at least maybe 3 times a day to get more viewers, then the show might last longer. This was an ok show, I'd recommend it to anyone. C+

Horrible! this show is everything that is wrong with tv animation.

stumbling through the channels for a cartoon to watch, I cam upon Brandy and Mr.W. what a weak weak weak show. you can tell the executives haven't a clue, and they don't care.

disney needs a hip replacement, fast!
  • Seriously, who thought of this? it is awsome.

I love Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. It is an awesome show. The theme song alone deserves 9.8. It is funny and hilarious (same deal) and another great addition to Disney Channel. I dunno why some people wouldn't like it because I, for one, think it is awesome, especially for little kids.
  • bring it back!!

Brandy & mr. whiskers was one of the few good cartoons disney's had in a while. i wish it came on earlier than 3:30am where i live=[ i luv this show! it was really funny but some of the eps in season 2 werent that great=\ people need to give this show a chance cuz it's really good. that's why it only lasted 2 seasons. disney seems to can their cartoons after 2 seasons. all i ever see on disney anymore is stupid live-action crap while all the cartoons show in the wee hours of the morning. Disney, give your cartoons a chance(& more than 2 seasons!)
  • A very good Disney Channel classic but is too bad it got canceled.

I enjoyed watching this show very much and was such a good classic, but then for some reason Disney Channel decided to canel it, may not have been a good choice, since there's more fans that like this show plus this show has a score that is higher than The Buzz on Maggie. I keep questioning as to why Disney not only canceled The Buzz on Maggie, but Brandy and Mr. Whiskers too, as back in the good old days when both of these shows weren't canceled, they were always so fun to watch and i enjoyed seeing them, but now i never see them anymore. Still though, it was another animated show that was great while it lasted. After this review i will have to look at the date when the last episode aired to find out how long this show was running for. This show had good characters with a good jungle theme! It had good settings equiped with some cool adventures and events for Brandy and Mr. Whiskers to do since they are lost in the jungle. Like having fun in the water and hanging around with other jungle creatures where some liked to hang with Brandy while some liked to hang with Mr. Whiskers. An Otter was Mr. Whisker's usual best friend. M favorite haracter was that cool lizard guy. Another show though that i haven't seen in a while too. This show was really good though becuase i still remember seeing it. So cool seeing episodes of this show in a nice Jungle with nice creatures who are used to living in the environment type.
  • This is the 100th Brandy and Mr. Whiskers review!

Yes, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. Everyone loved them. Everyone loved Amercian Dragon and Kim Possable. But, now, you can't see them durning the day. You can only see them at night! Why? I'll tell you why. Hannah Montana took over nd, there is no more animated classics on TV! I'm so sick of Hannah Montana. That's why I don't watch it. Anyways . . . Brandy and Mr. Whiskers is about a dog and a bunny that fell out of the plane and into the jungle. Except their at the bottem of the food chain. Can they survie?

Final Score: A+, 10
  • Finally, after nearly 3 years, I have a new favorite Disney Channel cartoon! (Just too bad it's over)

Well, I'm back to writing reviews now. But I'm still vying for my editorships for the shows I'm contributing to.

Anyway, I think I've finally discovered a show that I like just as much as The Buzz on Maggie. Well, I've liked this show for two and a half years but just this week, I felt some sort of a strong spark for this. There's so many things to like about this show. The animation is creative, Brandy's cute, Mr. Whiskers is *hilarious*, Brandy's cute, I think some writers may have worked for Suite Life, Brandy's cute, oh, and have I mentioned Brandy's cute? :D

The reason that I think some writers may have worked for Suite Life is because the dialogue in the episode "Sandy and Mr. Frisky" really reminds me of a couple episodes of the Suite Life. Like when Brandy was all "It's time for Operation: Make Party Bad now...that is the last time I'm letting you name the plans," that reminded me of the Suite Life episode with the con artist and his daughter.

Anyway, a lot of people say The Buzz on Maggie is like The Replacements, while I (and maybe a few others) say it's more like this show. Here are the reasons: For one thing, they were both canned around the same time (except TBOM was canned a couple months earlier). Other things include that they both star non-human characters, they both have sort of that mellow tone to them, they both have sort of selfish female protagonists, they both have imaginative male protagonists that you'd feel sorry for if they're in any trouble and they both have a lot of very cute characters. I could go on forever with the list but bottom line is TBOM is more like this show than The Replacements.

I may have gotten a little off-topic there but anyway, it's so sad that this show was canned. I wish it could have gotten another fair shake, if not for the least. Maybe just a few more episodes, then I'd be satisified.

Overall, I think this show was great and it's a shame haven't felt this sort of spark with this show earlier because it's been canned for nearly 2 years and I became a fan in February 2006 and just like a week ago, I got really into this show. This and The Buzz on Maggie really could have gone a long way had they been more appreciated.
  • It should have been kept on the air...

This animated TV show is about Brandy Harrington, a female dog who is the pampered pet of the Florida Harringtons. She is traveling on a plane and meets a very crazy, hyperactive rabbit named Mr. Whiskers, who tends to speak before he thinks. The door of the plane opens and both of the characters fall out of the sky and into the middle of the amazon rainforest! The two complete opposites must now live together in peace and rivalry while they make some new animal freinds along the way. Anger, hilarity, and romance insue in this completely irresistable cartoon!
  • Great Show, one of my farovites.

I wasn't sure about this show at first. But it grew on me.
    And now it is one of my favorite shows. I really don't think this show gets the respect it deserves. It is funny, witty, and intelligent. The animation is great! In my opinion, I really think more people should give this show a chance. Despite its dark humor, it seems to have good morals at times. And at the end of the day, it can teach some of us a lesson. Anyway, I think this is a really great show and I watch it every chance I get.
  • A dog and a rabbit try to survive in the Amazon together.

This show is very fun to watch! Mr. Whiskers is flat out funny. And Brandy's reactions to him are great too. The second season starts airing next month, and I can hardly wait! It's about time we get new episodes. I hope it gets good ratings because I want to see the show extended to a third season.
  • A Great Show!

I just love this show, and for once a Disney Channel Original cartoon is not about teens. The artwork is just great and so are the characters and the stories. I don't know if the show is doing well, but I love to watch it, and I hope it gets a second season and maybe a third. My favorite characters are Brandy, Mr. Whiskers, Ed, Lola Boa and Cheryl and Meryl. I really prefer to watch this show over to those freak animes that most channel air nowadays.
  • It was a pretty good show.

When I first saw the promos for this show, I thought to myself, "This isn't gonna be a good series." Then I saw an episode, and decided to give it another try and so on and so far until I grew into the lover of the show like I am today. At times, this show can be a little gross, like when Whiskers was pulling his ear wax out of his ears in the one where Brandy thinks she's just a mut. Other times, this show can be hillarious, like when Whiskers was doing the cherades in Rain Delay. I think that it could've been a bigger show, if it was on Nickelodeon, but oh well. There's nothing you can do about it. It used to be my favorite show, but when they moved it to the three thirty in the morning slot, I started to miss all the episodes until I just grew out of it.
  • This show rocks.

Disney’s Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, an animated program from Walt Disney Television Animation, is the quintessential buddy comedy about a pampered pooch and an excitable, offbeat rabbit who must forge a friendship after they both fall out of an airplane and land right in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest. While they often fight and bicker because there are very few similarities between them; they do share each other’s fate and they must work together if they wish to survive in the jungle
  • Loved it before I saw it!

This show is one of the few shows on Disney Channel shows I can enjoy. It has great quality in it's animation and dialog. The characters all have perfect personalities and voices. It has funny ongoing jokes and regular jokes. One great voice talent in particular is Charlie Adler, the voice of Mr. Whiskers. One of the few flaws, however, are the plots. Most of them aren't so great, and the ones that are good seem to drag along. All in all, this is a great, but sadly underappreciated show that everyone should give a chance. It may take you a while to like it. However, I loved it from the start.

• Brandy and Mr. Whiskers was my favorite show. I just it had gotten more of a chance on Disney Channel. But I still like it anyway.

The first commercials I saw for this show came across as the stupidest show ever made. I was disgusted by the commercials and I told myself, "I will never like this show." Well, I can certainly tell you right now I was wrong. What happened was, Disney was beginning to advertise this like crazy, so the night it aired, I said, "What the heck. I'll give it a chance." So I sat down and watched a few of the episodes, and when they were over, I was like, "Oh my gosh! I love this series!" Eventually, this show became my favorite TV show of all time and I vowed that I would never miss a single episode. Unfortunately, I broke my vow when they begun airing the new episodes during the hours I was at school. (Darn you, Disney Channel! Darn you!) Anyway, I love this series because of the adventures they go on and the comedy they add. Yes, there's many gross parts to this series such as when Whiskers was pulling out his ear wax (ugh I thought I was going to puke on the floor when I saw that) or all the time he picks nose and stuff. But at least there were several funny parts to this series. The voice actors which they chose for really fits the characters. I'm very sad it's over now but I can say that I really enjoyed this series. If I had a wish, it would be for Disney Channel to re-air this series and begin making more episodes. Then maybe a lot of people would begin to like it.
  • Can they avoid being eaten alive?

This show is quite amusing at times with its brand of both word humor and its physical humor. The show's story centers on two animals, a rabbit with the intelligence of a five year old along a serious hygiene problem, and an arrogant, disdainful dog who feels herself to be above all others, with being somewhat self centered. The two have been lost in the jungles of the Amazon due to a heinous mishap and can't seem to find a way out of it. That having been done, they try to make the most of life in the jungle, with the friendship of some of the native inhabitants. Sometimes the two try to escape the jungle and at other times, they are stuck in there for good. With some dirty humor and a fair mix of more sophisticated humor, the show is definitely worth a watch on an afternoon and is good for all ages.
  • This show was actually surprisingly good, they shouldn't have cancelled it after only two seasons.

I didn't like this show the first time I watched it, but it grew on me. Some people have called this a cheap knock-off of Spongebob Squarepants, a slightly superiour show. I don't agree with that. The humour may be somewhat similar, but as long as it's funny I won't complain. And it IS times, but overall there aren't many laugh-out-loud moments for me. The reason is that the jokes are a bit too silly and over the top in a few episodes. But not all episodes are genuine comedic hits, there are a few misses. The main characters are, as you may have guessed from the title, Brandy and Mr.Whiskers. Brandy's an incredibly hot female cartoon canine. Yeah, I know, it's weird. But she IS the hottest cartoon character ever. She's also the funniest. Her co-star, Whiskers is a rabbit, and a completely annnoying one at that. But he's supposed to be, so it's okay. Brilliant voice acting all around, especially by the talented Charles Adler. I like this show primarily for two reasons: 1)It's quite funny now and then. 2)Brandy. The latter is the main reason I watch it. Okay, enough weird fanboyism. They should've made at least one more season.
  • Its really a nice show, but Mr. Whiskers could possibly tone down his annoying acts, and the character designs could use some modernization, but its a OK show to pass the time.

A lot of people hate this show, but i'll get through it.

Animation & Style: Its very cute and cuddly but we have a some rough spots here and there. Majorly the character designs are somewhat simple. I'm pretty used to certain anthropomorphic styles and this show only uses some of it. Its a little bit like the very very old black and white style, and thats not really a great style when it comes to Monkeys, whom look hideous in this show. The style seems to be a more advanced version of Teacher's Pet, which is great for me. They already have Brandy modernized and Mr. Whiskers modernized but the rest of the characters are stuck in that Steamboat Willy Era.

Plot: The episodes are pretty basic fun little episodes. Nothing really important going on, just some adventures, usually cliche adventures used in many other cartoons of this type. The only thing going for them is the humor and randomness of pictures being shown to enhance the comedy. Now this show is sort of funny, but not totally funny. It gets its main points across as they learn about how to treat each other in every episode, and they then ditch their understanding and treat each other like crap again.

Characters and Voices: Brandy's voice is very very good and on point. I basically believe the voice actor acts like how she would normally talk and her voice is just naturally like that. Her character is also drawn at a different but acceptable style compared to everyone else. Her personality is the main drama of the show, because of her rich snobby attitude she gets herself into some problems with characters. Mr. Whiskers, is however a problem character, now he is the typical dumb character but atleast he shows some intelligence in it. His voice can become very annoying. Then comes Lola Boa, a very nice, very comedic boa. Cheryl and Meryl are pretty funny on their own, when they show their hatefull attitudes to each other.

Sound: Atleast they play some original music but its a bit cheap sounding. However its music standards are above some cartoons better than it.

Final Thoughts: Its really a nice show, Mr. Whiskers could possibly tone down his annoying acts, and the character designs could use some modernization, but its a OK show to pass the time.
  • May not have lasted long, but it was a decent cartoon that deserved to last longer than it did.

Quick Review

Art: 9/10 - Amazing design.

Animation: 7/10 - Pretty good; Little flaws, though.

Plot: 6.5/10 - Not that understanding, but still good.

It's sad Disney Channel cancelled Brandy & Mr. Whiskers! WHY?!

Character: 8/10 - Good people, even though it didn't last long enough for most of the characters to be known. Other than that, it's Disney.

Voice-acting and dialogue: 10/10 - Perfect! Well done! Don't be afraid to watch this show! I have watched it.

Music: 9/10 - Almost perfect.

Overall: 6.5/10 - Decent show that actually deserved more seasons. I am a guy who watched the show between the ages of 12 and 14... Anyways, why did Brandy & Mr. Whiskers get cancelled?! It was an awesome show! Possibly because of low ratings. So, yeah, this show was actually decent in it's first run.
  • A pretty good show, compared to some of the other trashy Disney Channel cartoons.

This is an overall great show! The characters are great and comedic, the voices can be somewhat irritating, but they are pretty good, the stories are interesting and hilarious. Even though some of this humor is crappy potty humor, other humor is pretty comedic. Compared to the other cartoons on Disney Channel, like the Buzz on Maggie and the Replacements, this show is one of the greatest cartoons Disney Channel has ever made. It is a shame Disney channel canned this wonderful, hilarious show. It hardly comes on anymore, which really sucks. It seems like Disney Channel, along with Cartoon Network and Nick, are just going downhill so fast.
< 1 2 3 4