Brandy & Mr. Whiskers

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Brandy & Mr. Whiskers Fan Reviews (111)

7.8
  • Brandy & Mr. Whiskers was an animated program that I enjoyed, despite the fact that it was never too popular. However, at least it was fortunate enough to receive two seasons.

Brandy & Mr. Whiskers was one of my favorite animated programs of all time, though it was cancelled due to poor ratings. However, I honestly believe that the show was better than most people thought; I realize that the show wasn't perfect, and I realize that it didn't have a ton of depth or continuity, but as a comedy, it fulfilled its purpose. Many of the episodes were genuinely entertaining, as even though the series relied heavily on clichés, each episode put a unique or bizarre twist on those clichés. This permitted the series to entertain the audience, all the while poking fun at many of the problems that plague other animated programs. Of course, most people failed to notice this due to the series' use of toilet humor; I can understand that point of view, as I dislike toilet humor as well, but the series shouldn't be judged based on that fact alone.

The characters, however, were what I truly loved about the series. Brandy Harrington of the Florida Harringtons was an awesome character; I hated her when I first watched the series, since she's one of those Paris Hilton types, but she actually had a complex personality. I loved how her character developed over the course of the series, and each revealed fact about her past helped make her more of a tragic character. Still, such hardly matters in a comedy series, which is likely why most fans of the show never cared about her personality. Regardless, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers was an entertaining show and I will sincerely miss it; the series may not have been the best, but it was truly better than most people thought.