Brandy & Mr. Whiskers

Sandy & Mr. Frisky / Thinking Outside the Fruit

Aired Weekdays 12:00 AM Apr 14, 2006 on Disney Channel

• Fruit makes me hungry

Sandy and Mr. Frisky
    These new guys simlar to Brandy and Whiskers. Called, Sandy and Mr. Frisky. They're more popular than Brandy and Mr. Whiskers! So, what do they do? They deside to get rid of them! BWAH-HA ha ha ha ha!
    Final score: B

Thinking outside the fruit
    Mr. Whiskers says he can make a car made out of fruit so, him and Gaspar have a bet. Brandy gets help from rodents to help pull the car. Till, they get stuck in the middle of um . . . a bone field! Is this the end of Brandy and Mr. Whiskers?
    Final Score: B

Final score: B, 8
  • Another dog and bunny crash land in the Amazon? Not too appealing in my book. Thankfully, 'Thinking Outside the Fruit' is better.

7.4
    I had my doubts about the former episode, but thankfully the latter made it worthwhile.

'Sandy and Mr. Frisky'--Brandy and Mr. Whiskers get competitive when another dog and bunny crash land in the Amazon.

As opposed to the repeat of 'One of a Kind/Believe in the Bunny' that I would have prefered, we get a non-Easter related episode that starts with another dog and bunny landing in the jungle.

To say the least, I wasn't a big fan of the premise; they already made a first season episode involving Brandy meeting a clone of herself, in the episode 'One of a Kind'. But while Tiffany showed some signs of relatability, Sandy and Mr. Frisky are poor wannabes.

Basically, Sandy and Mr. Frisky are eerily polite, they don't make mistakes and get along perfectly; exactly the opposite of Brandy and Whiskers. Never mind the fact their designs are wierd (something about Sandy and Frisky doesn't look right to me, while I think Brandy and Whiskers look just fine); if they were to get their own show (as suggested by the ending) it would fail mainly because they don't seem very real.

Ironic, isn't it? These two are very much like Brandy and Whiskers yet they lack the realism to make an effective comedy pair.

At least, it had some good moments; the Truth or Dare game was fun while it lasted, as is Brandy and Whiskers' attempts to sabotage Sandy's party and the fact Sandy and Mr. Frisky DON'T stay in the jungle is a relief. If they stayed, they would be a redundant pair of support characters.

It's not the series' worst (that dishonor still belongs to 'Freaky Tuesday'), but there are much better episodes.

Sayonara, Sandy and Mr. Frisky. You weren't welcome while you lasted.

'Thinking Outside the Fruit'--Brandy makes a wager with Gaspar involving Whiskers' impossible goal that he dreams of coming true.

This episode, I thought was much better. It had stronger writing and better character depiction; we get classic Brandy and Whiskers proving he's not completely useless a character. It is nice to see Gaspar Le Gecko back in 'villain' stride, rather than screaming fanboy he is depicted in some other episodes.

The Announcer 'running gag' was also a funny touch; especially when he cracked saying he would chime in outside of another statement about Brandy lying.

Some animations were a little wierd, like the shot of Brandy and Whiskers screaming, but some others, like the shot of Brandy with dilated pupils (man, those were big), sat better with me. I understand that your pupils dilate around something that you like, so I thought it was a clever 'little touch'.

As these two episodes stand, 'Sandy and Mr. Frisky' is weak, but 'Thinking Outside the Fruit' is the better episode. While they both dealt with a ridiculous idea, 'Sandy and Mr. Frisky''s 'another dog and bunny' idea didn't work so well, but 'driving up the Andes Mountains in a car made of fruit' in 'Thinking Outside the Fruit' worked better. I don't truly reccommend 'Sandy and Mr. Frisky', but I would reccomend 'Thinking Outside the Fruit'.

'Brandy is ly...Oh wait. What do you know? Brandy is telling the truth!'
    --You mean, she spoke out against Sandy and Mr. Frisky?, 'Thinking Outside the Fruit'
  • Sandy and Mr. Frisky was a very annoying and painful episode, despite the fact it looked good. But Thinking Outside the Fruit was quite good.

7.1
    Sandy and Mr. Frisky seemed to be a good episode when I first heard of it. But when I saw it, I changed my mind. I didn't like how Sandy and Mr. Frisky fell to the Amazon in the same fashion bu the exact same fault of a bunny. I did like Brandy and Mr. Whisker's pnans to sabbotage them but I think the animals throwing fruits at them was depressing. Anyway another reason why I disliked the episode is because Brandy found out how they were saved. I think the episodecould have been better if it just ended where Sandy and Mr. Frisky said "We don't Blame you".

Thinking Outside the Fruit saved the episode's rather disappointing rating. I liked the parts where the episode is paused and the narrator says "Brandy is lying". I think whenever Brandy and Mr. Whiskers break the fourth wall, they do it in a very proper fashion.

Overall, I did believe this was a good episode, though it could have improved alot.
  • All in good time, good men.

Sandy And Mr. Frisky was quite anooying at some points and should have been kept as something like Brandy and Mr. Whiskers get nicknames. Sandy's design was somewhat freaky while Mr. Frisky has a nice design that looked like brer Rabbit in a cartoony sorta' way.

Thinking Outside The Fruit was much better. I liked the fact that we got to see those gophers again, Gaspars non-fanboy self and a whatchamacalit like creature. Most of this was belivable enough, pardon the fact that Sandy and Mr. Frisky wasn't, and I think this should mainly suffice due to the fact that it had a bit more background on Whisker's childhood.

Also, stick around after Thinking Outside ThE Fruit. I won't spoil it, but it is quite funny.
  • Brandy & Mr. Whiskers compete with Sandy & Mr. Frisky; Mr. Whiskers wants to build a fruit car.

I disagree with most of the other reviewers. I really loved this episode.

Sandy & Mr. Frisky:
    This was one of my favorite episodes of the series. Though I understand why many people dislike it. It was very unrealsitic, even so, I found it to be extremely fun and entertaining. I loved the part when Brandy and Mr. Whiskers are walking on to the beach. That was really funny. I also loved their attempt to wreck the party. I also found the newspaper very interesting, it could be a bit of foreshadowing as to what will happen to Brandy & Mr. Whiskers.

Thinking Outside The Fruit:
    I found this episode rather boring. There wasn't much in it that I liked, but I thought the end after the car exploded was touching.