Brat Camp (US)

Episode 105

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Aug 03, 2005 on ABC

7.7
  • Very moving!

Wow. What an incredible episode! Three days alone like that would give most people lots of time to think about their actions and where their life is going. Not all of these teens though! Jada just amazes me. A month out there, 3 days alone...and she STILL only thinks of herself! And her parents are just about the dumbest, most gullible people I've ever seen. Most of the kids make some more progress though. Lexie, with the help of Glacier, really starts coming to terms with her issues. Isaiah seems to be coming around a very tiny bit. Shawn, Nick, and Laurie seem to be thinking hard about their futures. Frank's still got some anger issues though and just doesn't totally realize why he's there. (in my opinion anyway)

The naming ceremony was great. The instructors really put a lot of time and thought into the Earth names the kids got and the symbolism behind each one. I liked the polukas too. Very thoughtful. The names all fit SO well. All were happy...except Jada of course. Lexie's bit was the most touching thing I've seen in a looong time. For Glacier to give up his most personal, most prized possesion to Lexie was a real tearjerker. If you weren't touched by it, you're just not human darn it!
  • The latest challenge facing the teens is the three day "Solo Experience". They must spend three days and nights completely isolated from the other campers and alone in the wilderness. Derek has a hard time and must face his fear of being alone.

This was a great epsiode. How all the students had to be by themselves for three days and three nights. If I had to do that I would not survive. All those students are really brave and I admire them. I am really proud of Derek for faceing his fear of being alone.