Brat Camp (US)

Episode 107

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Aug 24, 2005 on ABC

7.3
  • For some, it was VERY helpful; for a few, a couple more weeks there might have helped them

I think I am one of the few people to have been excited over the idea of this show. From the previews, I knew that I was going to watch the series. However, I think my feelings might have to do with having worked with teens like the ones on the show. (And in many cases, being their personal punching bag, spitting spot, and insult receiver).

Well, after watching last night's series finale, I have to say that I felt that one of the kids was send home too soon. Jada, the Liar, was release WAY to early. So what she was going to be the ONLY one left in the group; it was pretty obvious that she had NOT learned anything from the experience. Even when she was having a "breakdown" upon learning she was the last one in the camp, she was still playing the adults. (She reminded me of this one little girl I had in my daycare class- she would sit and cry and cry and moan when she didn't get her way...to the point of wander around the rooms until she found me, so that she could keep her crying consistant with the person telling her no..). Persdnally, I would have kept her in the camp, until she showed some positive changes and responsiblity for telling the truth. (And I would have had the parents go through some SERIOUS parenting classes; they were so willing to give in to what ever little Jada wanted).

As for the remainder of the kids, I was glad to see that most of them have not relapsed into their old behavours, and for a select few, they have managed to move past their problems and grow into responsible young adults. (As for the one slippage- no matter what the treatment, there are still going to be the occasional relapse).

While I still fail to see the controversy, I still enjoyed this show and would be glad to see future episodes.