A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)

The world of television will go from awesome to much less awesome at about 10:15pm on Sunday night, when Breaking Bad ends its astounding five-season run as arguably the best television series ever. (I'll take the pro side in that argument, by the way.) But until we see the last "Executive Producer Vince Gilligan" closing credit hit the screen, we still have a multitude of questions.

Below, I'll address the most pressing queries I have going into the series finale and even offer a few guesses as to how they'll be answered, knowing full well that I'll be very, very wrong. Because come on, this is Breaking Bad. Who has any idea what will happen other than Gilligan? Feel free to offer your own best guesses in the comments.

1. Will Walter White die?

Yes! Wait, no! I don't know, maybe? This is a real open one, and if you ask me, the odds that Walter will survive are about even with the odds that he'll die. Both options carry very poetic possibilities, and Breaking Bad is definitely into that bigger message sort of thing. Will Walter find redemption and make it out alive as a last-minute family hero? Or will Walter be killed by his own unbridled ego and thirst for revenge (or pesky cancer)? 

OUR BEST GUESS: He dies. I get the feeling that Vince Gilligan wants the show to END with a capital E-N-D, and it only definitively ends with Walter kickin' it. I'm not ruling out a happy/bittersweet conclusion, where Walter's legacy does live on somehow, but as for Walter himself? Dead. Scarface died at the end of his movie, and it was the only fitting scenario. Same case here. 

2. What will become of Jesse?

Currently, Jesse's best-case scenario is that Jack's crew threw him back into his concrete hole in the ground after Todd whacked Andrea. Jesse had just helped Todd cook a 96-percent pure batch, so the chances that Jack killed are pretty low if those rednecks know what's good for business. It's simple meth-amatics. I still think the real threat comes from Walter, who's pretty P.O.'d that Jesse ratted on him. The last time Walter saw Jesse, he wanted him deader than dead, and a few months in a cold cabin shouldn't change his mind on that. From Walter's perspective, it's Jesse the coward who's responsible for Hank's death. But more importantly, it's Jesse who's responsible for Walter's trademark blue meth leaking back onto the market. Jesse is getting the Heisen-blue out there without the Heisenberg. THAT IS NOT COOL WITH THE HEISENBERG!

OUR BEST GUESS: I mean, if Walter doesn't at least TRY to kill Jesse, it's a rip-off, right? Why set up Walter being so angry at him? But somehow, Jesse will survive this mess. Once the fly in Walt's house, he's now the ever-surviving cockroach in this tale. Besides, none of us will be able to make it through Monday if Jesse dies. 

3. Who is the Ricin for?

Well, it's definitely for someone. Why else would future Walt risk going back to his house for it? Now that we've got that bit of common sense out of the way, who on Walter's long list of People to Murder would the Ricin be a good fit for? As we know, Ricin is a sneaky little poison, taking about three days to kill its target after the initial exposure. It's not exactly the type of killing agent that a man who's out for visceral revenge would use, so let's rule out Ricin for Todd's KKKrew. That's what the BFG in the trunk is for. Walter could feel some compassion for Jesse if he sees him imprisoned, but Walt should still want to kill him, just in a way that he doesn't need to be present for. So Jesse's a possibility. Lydia is also a popular destination for the Ricin among the internet's many theorists, but Lydia is a lot lower on Walter's hit list than both Jesse and Jack's crew. So what about Walter? What better way for it not to be over until Walter says it over than to leave Walter's death in his own hands?

OUR BEST GUESS: Walter takes the ricin himself after trying to get his money back, exonerating Skyler, and killing everyone on his hit list, leaving him to die on his own terms with no one able to tell what his cause of death was. Naturally everyone will assume it's the cancer, but screw you cancer, it was the Ricin. Chemistry got him into this mess, chemistry gets him out of it. One big hole in this theory: Ricin supposedly gives its victims really bad diarrhea. Is that the way anyone voluntarily wants to go? 

4. What happens to Skyler?

Skyler is in a tough spot. Those danged Feds are hounding her about Walter's whereabouts because she's the dead end in the Heisenberg investigation. She's working as a cabbie dispatch, wasting her accounting degree, and keeping cigarette companies in business. She can't do anything else at this point. Her future is Walter's goal, though, and I think it would be silly if Walter didn't at least partially get what he wants. 

OUR BEST GUESS: Walter's reappearance takes Skyler off the hook and she's free to live the rest of her life as the woman who once married a monster, free of prying authorities. But she doesn't get the money, reminding us all that crime isn't just bad for the criminal, but for everyone involved in the criminal's life.

5. Have we seen the last of Marie?

As great as she was, Breaking Bad never really found a way to bring Marie into the main story. She was a kleptomaniac for a while, she barked at Hank about rocks and physical rehabilitation, and she badgered Skyler. But with Hank out of the picture and Marie's relationship with Skyler obliterated, I don't see any reason to bring her back, what with all the more important stuff to settle. 

OUR BEST GUESS: Betsy Brandt can now enjoy a quiet life of working on an NBC sitcom. Her work on Breaking Bad is done. And Hank's body is never found. Bummer. Maybe she can honor her hubby by moving forward with the Shraderbrau business.

6. Will we ever see Saul, Huell, or Kuby again?

Well, Saul is living in Tulsa with three pairs of Dockers, asking a pimply-faced teen whether Pepsi is okay with his Cinnabon. Huell might still be in that room where he talked to Hank and Steve. And Kuby has been MIA since he returned Walt's van. I'm just thankful Saul got one final scene as Walter's temporary roommate in the basement of the vacuum store. 

OUR BEST GUESS: Nope! Their stories are over. Look for them in Saul's prequel spin-off.

7. What happens to Todd, Lydia, and the rest of that new meth operation?

Business appears to be going pretty well for Todd and Lydia; even Charlie Rose knew that blue meth was back on the market as far away as Eastern Europe. With Jesse playing the role of head chef, the quality is up, and Todd has obviously convinced Jack that selling meth is still a great idea. So it's happy ending for all of them! Well, until Walter and his tidal wave of fury returns to stuff the Heisenberg trademark down their throats. As for Lydia and Todd's romantic possibilities? Not a chance, sorry, Todd.

OUR BEST GUESS: Death for almost all of them. Jack's crew has so rapidly been built up as villains that even a show known for subverting expectations can't avoid giving us the happy ending we all want, and nothing would make us happier than seeing Todd and Jack's heads on sticks. As for Lydia, I'm guessing she gets an easier out and ends up captured by the authorities as the whole ring goes down one way or another. 

8. Will we ever see another series like Breaking Bad again in our lives?

Breaking Bad is totally great and better than everything, and it's easy to say that it's a one-of-a-kind series, the likes of which will never be replicated. But I say Breaking Bad influences a whole new generation of high-quality television, many of which will be poor copycats, but some of which will hit similar highs. There will always be upstart networks that are more willing to take risks—Sundance Channel and IFC are already doing wonderful things under the radar—and risk is where greatness comes from. Like that time everyone said I couldn't make that jump but I totally almost did. One broken tibia later, I was great!

OUR BEST GUESS: Yes. Be a little more optimistic about the future, people!

What questions do *you* have heading into the series finale of Breaking Bad?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/29/2013

Season 5 : Episode 16

178 Comments
Comments (178)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I know all the answers.
Flag
Breaking Bad Fans: Participate in a research study about fans’ reactions to the end of Breaking Bad. The purpose of this voluntary and confidential research study is to better understand fans reactions’ to the ends of popular TV series.

A team of researchers at the University of Missouri is interested in conducting interviews with Breaking Bad fans about their experiences of the last season of Breaking Bad. You must be at least 18 years old and consider yourself to be a fan of Breaking Bad. One-on-one interviews will be conducted via phone or online audio communication program (such as Skype) and will last 15-30 minutes, depending on what you have to say. If you would like to participate, please click the below link to enter our Qualtrics survey. Here we will collect demographic information, basic information about your fan activities, and contact information so we can schedule an interview: https://missouri.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cuOENUUeuJuAhOB
Flag
Confrontation between Jesse & Walter !!
Or The Blue M.E.T.H become a Blue D.E.A.T.H
Flag
I must say this show is the best ever! It even surpasses Game of thrones and Sopranos. That'sd quite an achievement. Koudos!! Btw. Does anyone know if the last episode is a double length?
Flag
Extended (75 min) but not double. Like the penultimate one :)
Flag
I'd like to see a confrontation between Jesse and Walt Jr.
Flag
Oh and also.......Fuck SHOWTIME for putting the season three premiere of Homeland on AT THE SAME TIME AS THE BB FINALE. that's a lameass POS move and I hope it completely blows up in their face.....and their RATINGS. how about some ricin in the coffee of the Monday board meeting at SHOWTIME world HQ?
Flag
Noting really happened on Homeland all was just fall out of the last season!
Flag
First, tim, nice piece and thank you for running a still photo of the Heisenberg shot glass. Yet another wonderful Easter egg planted by the endlessly clever writers and directors of this fantastic show. And second, Saul is currently wearing his Dockers in Omaha, not Tulsa. Excuse me for being a geographic stickler from the Midwest! And I've now listened to BOTH the Marty Robbins' songs about Felina.........the great hit song El Paso and the follow up called Feleena, telling the same story as El Paso from Feleena's POV. If these songs have any connection to BB at all, we could be in for a very Shakespearean finale. (Felina is the proper spelling of the name, but Marty probably spelled it Feleena for his song so d.j.s would pronounce the name correctly).....then again, it could be a total head fake from Vince?
Flag
In that song the main character returns for his love after fleeing due to fear of being murdered. Walt's "love" seems to be his money, ego, and legacy in the meth business.
Flag
I'm gonna think outside the box. If your gonna give us a Saul prequel(that nobody asked for except AMC)..How about a Star Wars 7 approach..16 years after the events of the finale..Holly growing up with no father and mother(fate undetermined) Is a total washout at school.A genius but a Jesse Pinkman like attitude. She discovers her father's formula and becomes a new player in the meth business.Set it in another small city in middle America..and the rest is history!! Yeah it probably was pitched and denied but who greenlit a Saul story?? Is he that interesting a character? As for what happens Sunday..I get the feeling Pinkman gets to the finish Mr.White, but this show never does the expected.
Flag
I've never watched the series but have heard about it. Supposedly everything he did he did for his family. So my guess is his family becomes the victim of his endeavors and they all die. The moral of the story will be, was it worth it?
Flag
I always pictured the ricin being for Walt. I mean unless he uses it on Lydya or if she dies at all then it was for her if she doesn't get dealt with or she just dies another way, then I feel Walt will eat the ricin, kill the nazis, give himself in to further redeem his family and then die.
Flag
How about a "It was all just a dream" ending ?
(kidding - put the ricin down...)
Flag
I don't really care how Gilligan chooses to end it. He will end it on his own terms and I'll be more than happy with it. He gave us 5 amazing seasons of television and whatever ending he has cooked up for his series will be The Ending, regardless of our expectations.
Flag
Breaking bad is NOT the end all beat all you people seem to think it is, there are plenty of other fantastic shows on television. Not in the same category but: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Revenge. This show employed horror, and shock value more than anything and HEAVILY serialized storytelling, these are nothing new in the television business.
Flag
I'll give you Game of Thrones and even Walking Dead, despite it's rough patches...but Revenge was a terrible example and ruins your argument. The writing on the show makes me cringe.
Flag
oh, piss off.........
Flag
There are a lot of great, innovative TV shows on now, and there have been many great ones in the past. I honestly can't think of any that I've seen where the overall series has been so unwaveringly intriguing, with all the plot threads interwoven so masterfully. Everything is so well integrated. There's no such thing as perfection, but (especially for a show whose premise sounds like a farce) this one has been quite moving. I would like to go back and rewatch the whole thing sometime, but I will certainly miss looking forward to new episodes and seasons. The last few episodes were devastating; I'm sure the finale will tear me apart properly. Let me just say, I do hope it ends with a glimmer of optimism for at least some of the characters--kind of like The Wire ending. As with all the previous episodes, I await the finale with bated breath.
Flag
I really don't like how they put too much focus on Todd's crew so much. They had to be the most unlikable villains this show had ever had. Gus and The Cousins were just better and strangely likable. I want Todd's crew to be wiped out of existence and forgotten in the world of Breaking Bad.

Anyway, finales will always find a way to disappoint people, so I'm trying my best not to expect too much. I want Walter to live. Killing him off at this point is cliche especially since we are already expecting him to die from cancer.
Flag
OK, the ricin is for Lydia- lady should stop being so predictable with her coffee shop tea-drinking meetings! I quite like the idea of Walt using it on himself before going into custody too, though.

This is my bet: Walt storms the KKKamp and kills everyone with his BFG (big f*cking gun, not Big Friendly Giant) but what's this? Jesse, down in a hole! Walt wants to kill him, moral quandaries ensue, Jesse and Walt duke it out for once and for all. Either way, Jesse's the one to kill Todd. It's only fair! Then... Walt confesses everything in some awesome, public way to put all the Gretchens and Eliots to shame, clears his family's name, pops some ricin, and goes out on his terms.
Flag
Pretty good article, you've outdone yourself Tim! You make pretty good guesses, buy as Gilligan put it: 1) It'll end in a satisfactory way for us viewers (no lumberyard limbo or braindead sister here) and 2) We'll never see it coming.

As for Walter dying or not… in Breaking Bad logic, Walt would psych everybody out and get away with it. Nobody has any proof against him after all! What he will want is to get his family back, but can this happen? Maybe it's Skyler who kills him, who knows ;-)

As for Lydia, there's a reason she's still in the picture, I suspect she will have a role to play in BB's last episode. Her high-strung paranoïa makes her a memorable character
Flag
Breaking Bad is for sure one of the best ever but we still have Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones. Walter pissed me off one to many times for this to be the bets show ever (that damn fly episode will forever be one of the worst on television ever all because of Walt). I really hope Walter dies and Jesse lives!!
Flag
No one cares what happened to Jesse's first "girl friend" Wendy everyone forget about her! ;)

Flag
Wendy will come back, kill Lydia and run the international meth empire
Flag
I just hope it ends ok and not lame like Lost or that screen goes to black thing!

I hope we see him kill lots of aholes in the final like Todd and his Family or maybe Jesse can kill them all but they stole his money and killed Hank he will not be Heisenberg if there is not some kind of payoff!!

I know it will not be a happy end for Walter but that is OK, he already failed to do what he wanted his family doesn't even want his money no more and his son thinks he is a monster at this moment he got noting to lose!
Flag
Just a thought about the intros to episodes in BB and what they might convey -

In the Pilot Episode we saw that Walter H. White was "contributor to research awarded the Nobel Prize" in 1985 and that he was Crystallography Project Leader for Proton Radiography as a sort of exposition to the character. Only later on in season 1 do we discover the origin story for Grey Matter Tech. Compare that certificate, or whatever it is, being there, framed and mounted on his wall in season 1 with the "writing on the wall" in the first episode of season 5 flash forward (Heisenberg graffitto) and the slogan for the final season Remember My Name - my point is - he was the leader then and he is the leader now - so he goes out on top no matter what.

I'm also thinking that there is a symbolsim with the whole birthday bacon numerals and where he is mentally as the story progresses.

One more thought- at some point Walt tells Walt Jr the "original" origin story - how he remembered his dad on his deathbed and how his mom's stories of him were never what he remebered most about him - showing that Walter wants his son to think of him as a hero. That dialogue between the two characters might be important in the end. And we never saw WW's mom although her character was mentioned a number of times by both his wife and him for not being in contact when he got the news he had cancer - I'm guessing this has to do with the whole romance between Walter and the future Mrs Schwartz shown is season 1 and how he he left her for the waitress Skylar and was bought out of Grey Matter for a measly 5,000 US$. Just a conjecture :)

Also I thought I saw some news about Jane Kaczmarek being reunited with Bryan Cranston in filming BB season 5 but I don't remember seeing her as a character up until the finale. Maybe she is Walt's mom. Or not, that doesn't sound like BB... :)
More+
Flag
I've given up racking my brains trying to figure out what can happen - this series has surprised me so many times, especially in this last season. I'll just sit and enjoy it, 'cos I think it's gonna be grand! I just wish the Nazi crew, Todd and Lydia got all wiped out - they all deserve it. It's ironic to think that Heisenberg got screwed by a bunch of dim-witted rednecks, after all his hard work and machinations... I would love to see Jesse live, but he has been damaged emotionally in such a way that I don't see him pulling through. I'd like to see Jesse and Walter survive in the end, just so they can have their final confrontation.
Flag
Maybe Jesse will be the one that finally Walter, You watch her died bitch, eat this! :)
Flag
I can make one prediction that I guarantee will prove true: The series finale of BB will be a hell of a lot better than the finale of Suxter!
BB is a great show, sad to see it ending but happy it is going out on top. If the show goes out as it has gone on it's entire run, there really won't be any happy endings and Walt will go out on his terms which I suspect is who the ricin is for.
I love that this show has always had consequences for bad actions, something else it has been far superior in quality compared to Suxter.
Yes there will be shows up to BB's level, the more shows that get on cable that aren't tied so tightly to ratings like the Network has to comply with, have a lot more latitude for creative direction and great story lines, there are already a number of great shows out there on TV, none as good as BB at the moment but pretty damn good stuff on the air.
Flag
1- Walt lives and his cancer gets cured. The police forget all about him. It takes a few years but he uses his chemistry knowledge to set up a moderately successful micro brewery franchise

2-Jesse dies. He drowns after his hole gets flooded by a torrential rain storm. But -much like Obi Wan Kenobi- his spirit lives on, and he teaches Brock how to finish his sentences with the word "bitch"

3-Ricin is for those kids skate boarding in Walt pool

4-Skyler become a porn director, specializing in mannequin on mannequin scenes. She dies in a terrible home bikini wax mishap

5-Marie see's someone who looks an awful lot like Hank in Under the Dome and kills herself (this becomes a trend)

6-Saul has a sex change, comes back to Albuquerque and raises Walts kids after Skyler dies. Huell bumps into "Saulina" in a bar one night. They hit it off and eventually marry

7-Todd, Lydia and co. are the ones who find a cure for cancer - they are the ones who cure Walt. This is a life changing experience for all of them, they renounce their racist, drug dealing ways - now they go door to door, reading gospel passages and open a soup kitchen.
Brock eventually kills them all years later

8-Better Call Saul will be better than Breaking Bad
More+
Flag
Best comedy of the year...:-)
Flag
And if it were all true then it would still be better than Dexter's finale
Flag
That's so true!
Flag
with the scene where Walt returns to his old home, after years of "being away" one way or the other in mind , he goes for the raisin stashed behind the power outlet. My guess its to end his own life in a "appropriate" Heisenberg fashion. Therefor I think Walter dies, but by his own hand. Jesse most likely gets offed due to another stupidity. I love Jesse, but to be honest, if I were Walt I would have taken care of the lose cannon, emotional totally unstable, Jesse 2 seasons ago. He was a liability off the bat and got worse and worse as the series progressed.
Flag
I don't think the ricin is for anyone. The house will, most likely, be sold and possibly torn down. Ricin is some pretty nasty stuff and I don't think Walter wants it just lying around for some innocent to find. Of course that supposes that there is some human decency left in Heisenberg.
Flag
"Will we ever see another series like Breaking Bad again in our lives?"

Got my fingers crossed that Rectify becomes the next BrBa because the first season was awesome, with a capital EVERYTHING.
Flag
Answer to all questions: It will be awesome. http://meaningofbreakingbad.blogspot.com
Flag
Get the feeling that the body of Hank will be found.

Walt or Jesse will direct them to it.

Perhaps the show might even end with Walt out in the desert set to take his own life on the place Hank is buried.

Remember in season one he made a tape and held a gun to his own head when he thought it was the police coming to arrest him along the desert track.

Flag
I trust the producers and writers of BB will give us the best end this story deserves, because unlike other big shows (not need to mention, we all know), it has been 62 perfect episodes with unexpected turns, just the necessary dialogues, uncommon and glorious characters, great photography, heartbreaking silent moments, over the edge soundtrack, and not a dull moment, ever, bitch.
I will be in peace with whatever ends they choose, and with whoever lives or dies, because I am sure it will all add up, and it will all make sense: the essence of Breaking Bad.
(For those that need a good drama series, different to BB, but in my opinion a real break through, turn to RECTIFY)
Flag
I think Jesse may kill Walt somehow. Jesse is the one who is on the road to redemption, Walt has become the villain.
Flag
So if Jesse's "on the road to redemption" as you put it, how does killing Walt redeem him of anything?
Flag
I was nearly right :)
Flag
[-------] Nearly. ;-)
Flag
Self defence? Walt has been after him after all.
Flag
Yeah but self- defence has got nothing to do with redemption. Killing someone is not really redemption. I get what you mean but I wouldn't use the word redemption for Jesse killing Walt. And as you already know - Jesse answered your question himself. ;-)
Flag
I wonder if we might see Gus again. If so, most likely in a hallucination or a newly filmed flashback (at the beginning of the episode?). And if Gus might "return", will maybe other dead characters, like Mike or even Krazy 8 show up too.
Flag
Walter dies, and find himself in some kind of afterlife Walking dead like hell and will be forever running from all the people he killed or had killed!
Flag
it's not revolution.
Flag
Breaking Bad never really got into hallucinations and dream sequences. And I doubt they start that sort off thing in the finale. But I would love a newly filmed flashback for sure!
Flag
Well, you never know what or whom people start seeing during their dramatic death scene at the end of the series. :D
Flag
I really won't make any predictions, because finale can go in many ways. And I am even not sure what ending I want. I jsut really hope Jesse doesn't die and that he somehow manages to get his life together. As for Walt - I don't know, I really don't. I want dark ending for him, but that doesn't mean I want him dead. I want realisation that all his actions, everyting he did it was for nothing. He just destroyed himself and his family. He made all the wrong choices again and again. Death seems like an easy way out. Yeah, at this point, especially after last episode I am really feeling sorry for him, but there is no excuse for what he have done and this is pretty much what he deserves.
Flag
Walt will end himself and possibly a few choice others (despite what just about every other series finale has done in recent memory due to pressure from the network to keep the main character pointlessly alive and free). He might come to the rescue of Pinkman only to find he had cooked up his own escape (bomb/poison) killing at least Todd.

The flash forwards have always been rather obtuse so the Ricin reveal is important but how it gets used exactly I can only imagine will be interesting and difficult to pin down.

Skyler.. I really don't know. Being the sister to the wife of a missing DEA agent and very guilty of money laundering puts her in a grey area. I don't think anyone wants her dead or in prison (despite the lack of love for her character till now) and she will win back Jr's love.

Series ends like to be circular so we might get underpants, fire engines and RV's. Some how i can see a final shot of Pinkman looking to camera as it pulls back to reveal a mobile lab, cases of new red meth bagged up in crates, a gurgling Brock under a brolly outside, a spluttering generator working away, fades to black, the generator splutters and dies.
More+
Flag
1) I think Walter will die fighting
2) Jessie will get in witness protection
3) I have no idea so i vote someone else
4) Skyler will live unhappily ever after without the money
5) Perhaps we'll see her in some sort of cameo
6) Yes, in his spin off
7) Todd and his crew dies and Lydia is arrested
8) It will be hard for any future shows to compete with Breaking Bad.

Flag
I think it's remarkable that most of these questions are about "What will happen to character X?", which just proves what a fine and well-written show this was when all people care about is the fate of the characters!
Flag
Ricin is for Gretchen and Elliot, but dont forget about the sniper he gets at denise ;S
Flag
Wasn't it a machine gun?
Flag
Does anyone get the Ricin vibe when Lydia asked for "more Stevia"? ;)
Flag
'Until we see the last "Executive Producer Vince Gilligan" closing credit hit the screen, we still have a multitude of questions.' and, I'd argue Tim, that we still will have a multitude of questions once the credits do hit the screen, after all, a good story doesn't give audiences everything and leaves people wanting more. I'm expecting some things to be left unanswered.

I don't really know what to expect myself, so I'll just say what I want to see:

- I don't care of Walt dies either way, as long as I'm wholeheartedly convinces by the writers that by having his character live or die at the conclusion of the series is the right thing. If he does die, I want Jesse to kill him.

- But that goes against my next statement, I really want Jesse to die (unless, again, I'm wholeheartedly convinced by the writers that by having his character live at the conclusion of the series is the right thing). I think it would be fitting to have him die though.

- Who's the ricin for? To be honest, this is the question I want answered least. I don't really care who/ what it's for. I've found the flash-forwards a tedious excuse to build tension this season, a plot device I thought Breaking Bad was better than.

- I'm really sympathetic towards Skyler, I mean, I've disliked her character as much as everyone else, but I feel bad for Anna Gunn that she gets so much hate. I'd sort of like it if Skyler gets a redeeming sort of an ending, or perhaps a kick-ass moment that makes fans appreciate her a bit for. I could care less about her eventual fate - as long as we get some solid scenes from her in the finale.

- Going back to my unanswered questions point, you're right Tim, Marie's story is done, and we probably won't see her in the finale. If we do see her, well, Gilligan better have a hell of a good reason to have her in it. The same goes for Saul and his cronies.

- I'm assuming Todd, Lydia etc. will all end up dead too, it'll interesting to see if there's any other way the show could possibly end with these characters being alive. I've got a feeling whoever brings them down (probably Walt) will have to use Lydia as a hostage and/ or leverage against Todd is some sort of stand-off (otherwise why would they have had this smitten Todd storyline so late at the end of the series).

- Breaking Bad is/ was a very very good show, I'm not going to try and deny that. That being said, it's not perfect, and there are many things I don't like about it that have hindered it from being a favourite of mine (character development was non-existent for several of the main cast, the cinematography was often borderline pretentious, and sometimes the pacing was frustrating slow-burning as a purposeful writing decision). During Breaking Bad's run I've personally enjoyed Dexter, Homeland, Damages, Boardwalk Empire, and Downton Abbey, more than it at various stages in their respective series, and Orange Is The New Black is my favourite show of this year, regardless of how Breaking Bad ends. So yes, there will be something that matches or is better than it.
More+
Flag
Walt's going to die. I don't think by ricin though, it just seems like a really horrible way to go. And I'm not even sure Walt would commit suicide anyway. I feel like if Walt doesn't die by someone else's hands, he'll just be arrested and die in prison from his cancer.

But speaking of dying by someone else's hands, I really hope Jesse kills Walt. I think that'd be a fitting end to the series.
But I was also hoping that Jesse would live happily ever after with Andrea...and well yeah :(
But Jesse has to survive! Hank's death (and well that entire tragic/stressful/gut-wrenchingly sad episode) has already taken a serious toll on me. If Jesse dies too, it won't just ruin my Monday, it'll ruin the rest of my year :(
Flag
I think Walt using the ricin on Lydia is a clever bit of misdirection, and that it'll be used on someone else.

Walt using it on himself to die on his own terms (and exonerate his family) is still my best guess. That said, ricin poisoning is a rather unpleasant way to go, so that is a hole of sorts in that theory.
Flag
Walt isnt going after Gretchen and Elliot, he may still kill them but they're not the prime target. Gretchen and Elliot returned because a 16 year old kid who died of cancer requested to Vince Gilligan they they return to the show. Vince Gilligan and Bryan Cranston both said that Gretchen and Elliot are a catalyst to have him return to Albuquerque.
Flag
I think the ricin is for lydia. 1.)when walt first met her in order to get the nine names for hit prison murder tour, he had the ricin hidden under his hat, after that he screwed it back into place and plugged in his phone charger. 2.)lydia is an unknown part of the operation to the authorities. they never had anything on her or reason to suspect. so when she dies from ricin it's just a tragic mother dying of mysterious reasons. 3.)vince gilligan is always emphasizing her beverage of choice( green tea-140 degrees- with stevia. breaking bad does not waste anything, why show her ocd about her tea 3 times and not use that weakness to exploit. SORRY GUYS but lydia dies. thank you ricin. RIP Lydia
Flag
I'm really hoping this is true. You make a lot of valid points, and I can see him going for her of all people. She is, after all, the head of the meth business at this point. And frankly Lydia makes my personal list of top five most despised film/literary characters. I am hoping she sees some kind of negative fate.
Flag
My predictions on how it will all end starting with the least important (I think):
Elliot/Gretchen-Walt will take care of them or try
Lydia/Todd and Crew - bite the bullet at the hands of Walt
Marie - Witness protection
Skyler and fam- I do think they will get the money and walt will set them up via Saul's guy
Saul and Co - He will probably talk his way out of anything. We don't know for sure since the show on him is a prequel not a sequel, but I can't see the writers doing that.
Jesse- I think he will die, but by his own hands. I think he has too many demons and that will consume him. Then again if Brock lives then that could keep him going.
WALT- I think ultimately he does die, but will have a huge reign of terror before he goes. All I hope is that his death has some meaning.

Flag
OK I'm already sad and it's not even over yet ;o(
Most TV is such crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
The Wire
The Sopranos

Neither had Skyler White. I'll take the nay side of that argument.

It may have been close if they had kept the indie movie feel to the cinematography of the first three seasons but that died with the plane crash and so did the series chance of claiming that title. The closest we got after that was Drew's tarantula.
Flag
I don't really agree with any of this. Maybe I can give you The Wire, but The Sopranos? You're right, that show didn't have Skyler White, it had something worse: AJ Soprano. Actually, not just AJ, but Meadow too.
Flag
The cinematography and directing in Breaking Bad is stunning. Right down to the smallest detail. I don't know what you're seeing on the screen.
Flag
I personally find it extremely pretentious - there's too much focus on scenery, distractingly so in my opinion.
Flag
Also Skyler White >>>>> AJ Soprano.
Flag
Huh, I'm not sure I've heard any complaints about the cinematography before now... I understand that the season 2's visual hints towards the finale were particularly bold, but I really think they've maintained their incredible standard throughout.

If you need a recent example, just watch To'hajiilee again.... Michelle MacLaren worked some magic.
Flag
My answers :
1. I was certain the series would end with Walter dying from cancer since season 1. I can have it any other way but that seems like his inevitable fate.
2. I think Jesse lives, maybe even well, maybe even with Brock. I mean, even with what happened with poor Gale, Jesse's an innocent compared to all the others, at least he feels remorse.
3. I think it's for Lydia, it was intended for her earlier in season 5 and BB likes coming full circle. + it's a neat death fitting her character.
4. & 5. I would've thought (with a dangerous criminal like Heisenberg at large) she, the kids and Marie would've already disappeared in witness protection before Granite State. As is, I think we'll see them even though there's not much stuff for them to do but, Skyler has surprised me in the past, we'll see.
6. Yup, gone.
7. Yup, dead.
8. Yup. Breaking Bad managed to achieve an excellent blend between Mad Men style realistic drama and thriller movie plots. It’s a formula that can be repeated, with a lot of care and plotting. Sure those shoes would be just network clones but, copies are the first step to cementing a work of art’s influence on the medium. Hopefully, in the not distant future, generations of show-runners will be influenced by Breaking Bad to treat their stories and characters with respect and it’ll lead to more awesome tv/net/movies.
More+
Flag
I think Walt will mix the ricin into a batch of blue meth and have Lydia distribute it to make people fear blue-meth. That would be the ultimate twist!
Flag
Wow – the best theory I heard in a while. But as I can recall from Season 4, the amount of Ricin that is left, was just enough to kill a person (Gus) in two days without leaving a trace. Considering how much meth they produce, I don't think theres enough Ricin left to cover it up.
Flag
Brilliant theory.
Flag
I remember Walt making some sort of chemical explosive in the first season.

Being Walt, he could easily make a chemical weapon.
Flag
That would be excellent, but I don't think that is what going to happen.
Flag
Totally agree with this theory. A simple way to end the legacy of Blue Meth. Walt never need worry about it resurfacing (in his trade mark style at least).
Flag
1. I have no idea. One second I think he'll, but the next I think Walt will live. I'm up in the air on this one.

2. Jesse dies, and I think Walt is one who kills him.

3. I believe the ricin for Jesse. Walt still hates him for ratting and blames him for Hank's death, but he isn't able to pull the trigger, so he poisons him instead.

4. I think Skylar will live, but she'll never fully recover from all that has happened.

5. Unfortunately, I think we've seen the last of Marie. I don't see how they could use her in the final episode other than quick look to see where she ended up, but I don't think they'll go that way.

6. The same goes for Saul and co. They were very enjoyable to watch these past few seasons, but, like Marie, I don't see how they will be brought back.

7. Walt wipes Todd and his crew out, but Lydia gets away. She is extremely resourceful and always finds a way to get out of stick situations.

8. Breaking Bad is an extremely unique show. However, I'm sure we'll see another show hit this mark. It'll just take awhile before we get there.
More+
Flag
This is a once-in-a-lifetime show. Perfectly cast led to it being perfectly acted which allowed the writers to perfectly develop the characters. Don't know where I'm going with this but the key word is "perfect".
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members