A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)

... Breaking Bad writer-producer Peter Gould has tweeted the news that the final two episodes of the series will each run for 75 minutes instead of the usual hour. It's not quite clear whether that means the episodes themselves are longer or just stuffed with more commercials, but either way, this is good news for pharmaceutical companies specializing in anxiety medications, liquor stores, and every poor soul who really, really likes pain and suffering. Which is basically all of us after "Ozymandias," right? [Rolling Stone]

BUSINESS TIME

ABC is developing an event series—come on networks, just call it a miniseries and be done with it—based on Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's being written by Evan Daugherty, who's also to blame for Snow White and the Huntsman. The project is titled Esmerelda and will tell the story from the Gypsy Esmerelda's point of view. Okayyyyy then. [Deadline]

... The British are coming... to Hulu! The streaming service has partnered with BBC Worldwide to add 144 shows to its online catalog in the coming weeks. Currently featured series include Luther, Torchwood, Doctor Who, Life on Mars, Robin Hood, and more, with Sherlock on the way. Sadly, for the time being, this is library content, and not new content. Bollocks. [Hulu via press release]

... Who's got a ton of money they would like to donate to a worthy cause? Tony Soprano's track suit, along with other items from his Sopranos wardrobe, is up for auction, and I've been looking for something to wear while I lounge around the house stuffing my face with Doritos. [NY Post]

... Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Dads both premiered to okay numbers last night (6 million viewers and a 2.5 demo rating, and 5.6 million viewers and a 2.1 demo rating, respectively). This is sort of disappointing for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which I've heard called the best new comedy of the fall (by me, and obviously what I say is law). As for Dads? The network is probably just happy anyone tuned in after the series was universally panned by critics. Also: You should read Tim's reviews of both shows! [EW]

... Netflix was ready to swoop in on Better Call Saul, the Saul Goodman-focused Breaking Bad spin-off, if AMC and Sony had been unable to come to a licensing agreement. Look I don't really care where I watch it, just so long as I get to watch it. [THR]

... This Sunday's Emmy Awards will pay tribute to two big moments in TV history, and neither of them are Game of Thrones' Red Wedding episode so I'm kind of confused. Instead, the telecast will celebrate two 50th-anniversary milestones, specifically the coverage of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963 (and hopefully not the act itself) and The Beatles' first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964. [CBS via press release]

... Bravo some premiere dates (and one premiere ballpark) today. The network will air Queer Eye for the Straight Guy reunion called Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: 10 Years Later this October. November will see the premieres of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Fashion Queens on November 3, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules on November 4, Shahs of Sunset on November 5, and the series debut of Thicker Than Water—which is self-dubbed the "Black Brady Bunch”—on November 10. [Bravo via press release]

... USA is branching out and developing a daytime programming block. Beginning September 24 from 11am to 3pm, Cat Greenleaf will provide viewers with pop-culture news and commentary, as well as interviews with celebrities and USA talent. Just tell me what day Gabriel Macht will be on so I can set my DVR and continue not watching USA during the day. [NBC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Jere Burns, who has spent the last four years as recurring character Wynn Duffy on Justified, has finally been upped to a series regular on the FX drama. This is fantastic news for fans, but probably not-so-great news for Timothy Olyphant's Raylan Givens. An increased presence in Season 5 probably spells more trouble for Harlan County. Quick, everyone make your predictions for how Duffy and the Wynnebago are going to fit into Season 5, which will be focused on the Florida-based Crowe Clan. [Deadline]

... Taye Diggs is visiting New Girl! He'll play Artiea "self-assured ladies’ man" who Jess and Cece meet at a bar while Nick is preoccupied with guys' night. But it's not just any guys' night, because the episode also marks the return of Damon Wayans Jr.'s character, Coach. The episode is slated to air later this fall. [EW]

REQUIRED VIEWING (FOR FANS OF THE WEST WING, ANYWAY)

Allison Janney brought back "The Jackal" on the The Arsenio Hall Show last night and it's worth a watch. [Gawker

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/29/2013

Season 5 : Episode 16

33 Comments
Follow this Show
Members