A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)

These days, everyone with a television and a computer thinks they're a Breaking Bad expert. Forget Lost—this Sunday's series finale will go down in history as the most talked about episode in television history. It's hasn't even aired yet and it's already dominating the internet, as has been the case with every new episode from this final half-season. You can't escape the predictions, the questions, the over-scrutinized crackpot theories, the top ten lists, the collections of favorite Jesse Pinkman moments in .GIF form... the show is literally everywhere. 

For example, Entertainment Weekly recently ranked every single episode from worst to best. I'm not saying whoever compiled the list was on the blue stuff, but I'm not saying they weren't, either. Because who puts "Half-Measures" at number 24 and "To'hajiilee" at 32? Oh, sure, we all have our own criteria for what constitutes an excellent episode of Breaking Bad, and in a field littered with excellent episodes it's pretty hard to pick the best, but I'm pretty sure "To'hajiilee" deserves a much higher spot. The tension! The Jesse-Walt confrontation! The heart-pounding ending! 

Elsewhere, Vulture's Matt Zoller Seitz listed the 11 Breaking Bad episodes he can't shake, but it was more like a Top 11 Story Arcs list, because in some cases he lumped several episodes together—which is probably a more accurate method of judging Breaking Bad anyway. Each episode builds off the ones that came before.

Anyway, lest TV.com be left out the fight fun, I've decide to make my own Best of Breaking Bad list. And obviously it's the only right one because I wrote it. After several weeks of careful consideration with regard to what makes an excellent episode of Breaking Bad, not to mention plenty of heated debates (and a few knock-down drag-outs) with my fellow TV.com colleagues, I've constructed the following list of the Top 10(-ish) Episodes of Breaking Bad Ever.* Share your own in the comments!

*I compiled this list in 30 minutes.

10. "Phoenix" & "ABQ" (Season 2, Episodes 12 & 13)

9. "Blood Money" (Season 5, Episode 9)

8. "Dead Freight" (Season 5, Episode 5)

7. "Fly" (Season 3, Episode 10)

6. "Peekaboo" (Season 2, Episode 6)

5. "Half Measures" & "Full Measure" (Season 3, Episodes 12 & 13)

4. "End Times" & "Face Off" (Season 4, Episodes 12 &13)

3. "One Minute" (Season 3, Episode 7)

2. "To'hajiilee" & "Ozymandias" (Season 5, Episodes 13 & 14)

1. "4 Days Out" (Season 2, Episode 9)

That's it for me. Which episodes would make your list?

TVcom_editorial:list:what-is-the-best-breaking-bad-episode-ever/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/29/2013

Season 5 : Episode 16

84 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 7:00 pm
    60 Minutes
    NEW
    CBS
  • 8:00 pm
    Big Brother
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Celebrity Family Feud Dr. Phil McGraw vs. Garry & Penny Marshall and Kevin McHale vs. Fred Willard
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    BattleBots Full Metal Bracket: Round of 16 Part 1
    NEW
    ABC