A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)
When the dust settles -- or, more appropriately, when the final "FADE TO BLACK" occurs, who will still be alive and who will be on their way to that tableside guacamole restaurant in the sky?

WALTER WHITE

It seems likely that Walt will wind up undone at the end, if only because of that bitchin' use of Percy Byshhe Shelley's "Ozymandias" in the Season 5b trailer: "Nothing beside remains. Round the decay/Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare/The lone and level sands stretch far away."

poll

HANK SCHRADER

Hank has met his nemesis, and I would argue that Heisenberg's hubris has likewise met its match. 5b has the feel of a Shakespearean tragedy in the making. So far Hank appears to be destroying himself in the process of taking Walt down. "The foul practice
hath turn'd itself on me," spake Laertes. "Lo, here I lie, never to rise again."
poll

JESSE PINKMAN

The reason why I'm posting this ghoul pool: When I saw the title of the last episode ("Rabid Dog") I was honestly afeared for Jesse's life. I'm hopeful that he will make it out of Walt's meltdown unscathed.
poll

SKYLER WHITE

She showed us her Lady Macbeth side in "Rabid Dog," and taking her out of Walt's life would certainly contribute to his downward spiral. I think she'll make it, though, but incarcerated. Serving the prison sentence Walt will otherwise avoid.
poll

MARIE SCHRADER

There is a pretty good chance Marie would put herself in harms way out of sheer malice towards Walt, but I don't think she'll shuffle off the mortal coil anytime soon. Still, a hit intended for Hank that instead knocks off Marie would be an excellent tip into the show's final confrontation.

poll

WALT, JR.

Can you imagine anything else pushing Walt any further over the edge? And how devastatingly tragic! Walt Jr. is the ONLY major character with clean hands at this point. From a narrative point of view, that paints a pretty big target on his back.

poll

SAUL GOODMAN

If this happens, it will happen out of frustration. However, I have a feeling that our favorite crooked lawyer knows when to keep his head down.
poll

(I could have added others to this list: Todd, Todd's Uncle, Huell, Steven Gomez, etc. But the characters I chose for this list are the ones whose loss would make the biggest impact.)

What do you think? Vote!

22 Comments
Comments (22)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sadly i think Marie is going to survive (I tahe her though), Hank is dead meat, Jesse i´m not sure...most likely he will survive, Skyler and Walt Jr totally going to be alive and well, Gomez is dead dead...and Todd and Lydia possibly will die too i dunno...i wish
Flag
"Whatever you think is supposed to happen, I'm telling you, the exact reverse opposite of that is gonna happen, okay?"
Flag
Spoilers;

hank and Gomey Dies for sure.

Marie tells everything to DEA. Walt on run from DEA & Todd. Epic showdown at the end.
Flag
I hoping everyone dies but walter, walter jr, his daughter and saul goodman
Flag
Walt will probably go somewhat along the same lines as our old friend Mike -- sitting near a peaceful river either bleeding to death from bullet wounds or else from the progressing cancer and he'll just fall over dead (a whole lot of bad is going to hit him first).

I agreed with most of the voting above save that I think it's entirely possible Marie will bite the bullet -- either trying to take down WW herself in an emotional rage, deciding to take on Skyler (directly or through WW) and Skyler does her in (this would also cause Skyler's world to collapse further, through a hit meant for Schrader, or through suicide. It would destroy Schrader and Skyler (and Walt Jr. to an extent) and could fuel a lot of the remaining story.
Flag
Walt Jr. tried to get someone to buy him alcohol. He does not have clean hands. He needs to die.
Flag
The kid's a loose cannon.
Flag
While I don't see a Saul Goodman spin-off happening, a full hour of Saul wouldn't be that interesting, but as there have been whispers about it from the writers etc it doesn't seem likely that they be planning to kill off the potential lead
Flag
While obviously I'd watch a single episode of BB focussing on Saul (it would only be truly good with the other characters involved in the story, of course), I wouldn't watch a spin-off... I don't think.
Flag
I don't know if I am totally making this up, but I thought I understood that the Saul Goodman spin off would be a prequel, sort of more of a comedy drama of likely early cases that lead to some of Saul's interesting contacts including Huell and...whatever Bill Burr's character's name is). I don't know, I just thought some symmetry might be that the characters who all directly called for Jesse's death end up dead (Saul, Skylar, Hank) before the end of the season.
Flag
Okay, I voted and seem to agree with most people on all but 1. I want to see Jesse die. He is such a pussy and total waste of human skin he needs to go on GP.
Flag
You're making Jesse sad...

Flag
A pussy?I wouldn't call shooting someone in the face a pussy.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members