A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)
When the dust settles -- or, more appropriately, when the final "FADE TO BLACK" occurs, who will still be alive and who will be on their way to that tableside guacamole restaurant in the sky?

WALTER WHITE

It seems likely that Walt will wind up undone at the end, if only because of that bitchin' use of Percy Byshhe Shelley's "Ozymandias" in the Season 5b trailer: "Nothing beside remains. Round the decay/Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare/The lone and level sands stretch far away."

poll

HANK SCHRADER

Hank has met his nemesis, and I would argue that Heisenberg's hubris has likewise met its match. 5b has the feel of a Shakespearean tragedy in the making. So far Hank appears to be destroying himself in the process of taking Walt down. "The foul practice
hath turn'd itself on me," spake Laertes. "Lo, here I lie, never to rise again."
poll

JESSE PINKMAN

The reason why I'm posting this ghoul pool: When I saw the title of the last episode ("Rabid Dog") I was honestly afeared for Jesse's life. I'm hopeful that he will make it out of Walt's meltdown unscathed.
poll

SKYLER WHITE

She showed us her Lady Macbeth side in "Rabid Dog," and taking her out of Walt's life would certainly contribute to his downward spiral. I think she'll make it, though, but incarcerated. Serving the prison sentence Walt will otherwise avoid.
poll

MARIE SCHRADER

There is a pretty good chance Marie would put herself in harms way out of sheer malice towards Walt, but I don't think she'll shuffle off the mortal coil anytime soon. Still, a hit intended for Hank that instead knocks off Marie would be an excellent tip into the show's final confrontation.

poll

WALT, JR.

Can you imagine anything else pushing Walt any further over the edge? And how devastatingly tragic! Walt Jr. is the ONLY major character with clean hands at this point. From a narrative point of view, that paints a pretty big target on his back.

poll

SAUL GOODMAN

If this happens, it will happen out of frustration. However, I have a feeling that our favorite crooked lawyer knows when to keep his head down.
poll

(I could have added others to this list: Todd, Todd's Uncle, Huell, Steven Gomez, etc. But the characters I chose for this list are the ones whose loss would make the biggest impact.)

What do you think? Vote!

22 Comments
Follow this Show
Members