A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)

IT'S TIME TO ERASE THE BRIDGE FROM YOUR DVR

... Earlier this week I told you to double-check your DVRs because the final two episodes of Breaking Bad will each run 75 minutes long. Today I feel compelled to tell you that you should call in sick every day next week because beginning on Wednesday, September 25 at 8pm, AMC is running a marathon of Breaking Bad in its near entirety, leading up to the series finale on September 29. Oddly enough, this marathon will also function as AMC's full programming slate until Mad Men returns, because the network has left else to air. 

And after the series finale on September 29, the last episode of Talking Bad will expand to an hour in length (instead of the typical 30 minutes). Special guests for the final episode include Vince Gilligan, Aaron Paul, Jesse Plemmons, RJ Mitte, Giancarlo Esposito, Jonathan Banks, and Jimmy Kimmel. I am assuming this will either be pre-taped or involve some sor time-shifting/on-location voodoo, because Paul and the rest of the cast will be spending that evening at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in L.A., watching the finale and doing a Q&A moderated by Kimmel. [AMC via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt has extended his contract through 2017, which is not a job I envy, by the way. Sure, he's been working hard to try to turn the Peacock network around since he came on board in January 2011, but NBC is still in need of a couple big scripted shows. Maybe this extension will give him the chance to make that happen. [Variety]

... Discovery Channel will air the four-part documentary miniseries Gold Fever October 11 and 18 at 9pm. The miniseries focuses on the Boston Company, a real-life group of 40 men who moved out west to strike it rich. This is not to be confused with Discovery's reality series Gold Rush, which is currently in its fourth season. Something tells me this is probably Discovery's favorite movie. [Discovery via press release]

... Syfy is teaming up with Bryan Singer (X-Men: Days of Future Past) to develop a 90-minute pilot script about the clean-up efforts of a small town on the California coast that gains world-wide attention in the wake of a giant sea creature being taken down by military action. Um, okay. The pilot script is called Creature at Bay. Watch out for it, I'm sure it'll be huge! [Syfy via press release]

... TLC wants you to kick off the New Year right: by watching all-new episodes of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. The network has ordered 12 additional episodes of the reality series (as well as three specials), and they'll premiere at 9pm on January 1, 2014. Look at it this way, your year can only go up from there. [TLC via press release]

... Paul Scheer (The League) has sold a single-camera comedy to ABC. Much like everything else on TV these days, it's about juggling multiple sets of parents, spouses, and children. Scheer will write and produce, but not star. [THR]

... ABC is switching the airing episode order of its new Rebel Wilson-starring sitcom Super Fun Night. The network will run Episode 2 instead of the pilot during the show's scheduled series premiere on October 2, because the pilot has received very unfavorable reviews from just about everyone (including us). Yeah, I don't think that's going to help, but A for effort, ABC. [TV Line]

CASTING NEWS

... There's a Fringe reunion happening over at Sleepy Hollow! John Noble is set to guest-star later this fall as Henry Parrish, a kind and gentle but also reclusive man who possesses supernatural powers that might aid Ichabod and Abbie in their work. The casting reunites him with executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who co-created Fringe with J.J. Abrams. [Fox via press release]

... Joelle Carter has booked a guest-starring role on Castle. The Justified actress will play Maggie Ingram, the girlfriend of a death row inmate who's about to be executed. I don't want to say they're typecasting my favorite lady from Harlan, but Carter does know a thing or two about playing the girlfriend of a criminal. [TV Guide]

... George Takei will appear on the series premiere of Syfy's Fangasm (airing September 24 at 10pm), making dreams and wishes come true for the seven fanboys and fangirls who star on the show. He'll share laughs and insight on what it means to be a fan of movies and TV shows. So it's kind of like what he does on Facebook all the time, but on TV? [Syfy via press release]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/29/2013

Season 5 : Episode 16

43 Comments
Follow this Show
Members