A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)

DID OLIVIA POPE RIG THE PEABODYS?

... The University of Georgia's Peabody Awards, which recognize excellence in radio, television, and all forms of electronic media, have announced the honorees who've earned the title of "best in electronic media for 2013." And even though the Peabodys are considered to be one of the most prestigious awards in the biz, Scandal somehow managed to make the cut! Hey Olivia Pope, do you need some aloe for that burn? Anyway, the TV winners include House of CardsBreaking BadThe Returned, Orphan Black, Broadchurch, Borgen, Key & PeeleThe BridgeOrange Is the New Black, and more. For a full list, including nonfiction and animated series, documentaries, radio programs, and web-based winners, check out the Peabody Awards website. The official ceremony will be air on Pivot on May 19. [Peabody Awards via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Someone has "fixed" the divisive ending of How I Met Your Mother's series finale by editing out the comment about the Mother's sickness, along with the final few minutes that included the children, Robin, and whatever that horrible wig was that the producers thought made Robin look older. 

... David Caspe, the creator of the dearly departed Happy Endings, is reuniting with former Happy Endings writers Matthew and Daniel Libman for a new single-camera comedy at Comedy Central. The pilot, titled Duty, stars Mike O'Gorman (The Awesomes) as Kyle, a former football star who is forced to move back to his hometown where he takes a job at the local police department. Happy Endings alum Gil Ozeri stars as Kyle's childhood bestie Lonnie, who also works at the department. [THR]

... Uh-oh! ABC has pushed back the premiere of its new drama series The Astronaut Wives Club. The 10-episode series was supposed to debut on July 24, but is now being held until midseason 2015 to make time for some creative changes. I hate to break it to you, ABC, but that's not making time for "creative changes." That's making time for people to hopefully forget all about it/not notice as quickly when the entire project is shelved. [Deadline]

... Reigning lord of geekdom Wil Wheaton is getting his own topical series on Syfy. The Wil Wheaton Project will premiere this summer and run for 12 half-hour episodes of Wheaton sharing his opinion on and dissecting the current realm of science-fiction and genre film, television, pop culture, video games, and more. Finally! Someone is making a topical series about something I really care about! Politics is SO yesterday. [Syfy via press release]

... Hulu has acquired exclusive streaming rights to full seasons of The Mindy Project and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which will soon be available to Hulu Plus subscribers. Reality shows like Keeping Up With the KardashiansThe Real Housewives franchise, Top Chef, Top Chef MastersThe Millionaire Matchmaker, and Flipping Out will also soon be available, if you care. Full seasons of Parks and Recreation will continue to be available non-exclusively. [Hulu via press release]

... Steve Buscemi is going to have his own unscripted series on AOL (????????), in which he will talk to his famous friends while sitting on a park bench. #SaveSteveBuscemi [Digital Spy]

... Despite the fact Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. turned in one of its best episodes yet in the lead-up to the American release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the show's ratings for last night's episode weren't too hot. The series brought in 5.4 million viewers, but tied a series low in the demographic with only a 1.8. [The Wrap]

... The Travel Channel has greenlit 10 new series, including Booze Traveler, which just won the newly invented TV.com Award for Best TV Show Title Ever. It's also exactly what it sounds like; it'll follow one man around the world, one drink at a time. The network also greenlit Big Time RV, which centers on a prestigious RV dealership in Florida, Hotel Amazon, which follows longtime friends as they attempt to build a luxury resort in the Amazon, and American Grilled, which pits four grill masters against one another in an outdoor cooking challenge. For details on the rest of the network's new development slate, hit the link. [THR]

... SundanceTV will debut its newest scripted series, One Child, this fall. The four-part series follows a Chinese-born woman who was adopted by British parents, and chronicles her struggle with identity. [SundanceTV via press release]

... AMC's reality series Freakshow and Small Town Security will both return with new episodes on May 6 at 10pm and 11pm, respectively. The 16-episode second season of Freakshow will continue to follow Todd Ray and his Freakshow family, while Season 3 of Small Town Security will see several new characters join the cast. My only question is this: Do you think Ryan Murphy knew AMC already had a series called Freakshow when he chose the title for Season 4 of American Horror Story? My brain can only handle so much. [AMC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13) will appear in the season finale of ABC's Castle. He'll play Rogan O’Leary, a hustler who has a "complicated past" with Beckett. The season finale airs May 12. [TV Line]  

... Both Niko Nicotera (Sympathy for Delicious) and David Labrava have been upped to series regulars for the seventh and final season of Sons of Anarchy. Nicotera plays Ratboy, and Labrava plays the trigger-happy Sergeant-at-Arms Happy. [Deadline]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/29/2013

Season 5 : Episode 16

66 Comments
Comments (66)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Five and four-tenths million viewers sounds pretty good to me up against the number one rated show on TV and when it's more people than almost any of the shows on Wednesday night. What I'd like to know is, did CBS actually run the CSI episode it had advertised, with a siege of a police station and D.B. taken hostage by a gunman, in light of the Fort Hood shootings?
Flag
Seven frikken seasons of appearances and they wait til now to bump Happy up to series regular? WTF SoA? You couldn't have done that, oh say, 4 frikken seasons ago??
Flag
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.T.T.Y. R.A.T.I.N.G.S., I can't say I'm surprised, the show burned a lot of goodwill with the general audience out there too early, and now has bad word-of-mouth even when it's getting better.

Yeah, AOL still is a thing, they even still offer dial-up. I hope the show is called "Getting Weird with Steve Buscemi", I would watch the crap out of that.

Oh Wil Wheaton, might you get me to watch Siffy again? I doubt it, but maybe.

I was hoping to see the fan-edit of the ending of HIMYM but it was taken down last night. Sounds like an understandable edit, although there are other flaws in that ending that probably need to go bye-bye too.
Flag
Congrats to Scandal ! At least the show can win something !

The Wil Wheaton Project and Steve Buscemi talk show sound interesting ! When are they airing ?
Flag
Congrats Orphan Black!
Flag
comedy central also had a show call freakshow that lasted 7 epsoides back in 2006
Flag
That's the perfect HIMYM ending!

AoS is already rumored to be picked up for Season 2 so the ratings might not matter much for the moment. The episode order will tell all if the rumor ends up true.
Flag
SHIELD adjusted up to a 2.0
Flag
you know if they kept Agents of SHIELD going without all the breaks and one episode per month the ratings might stay more even.... just sayin'
Flag
No kidding. Half the people out there probs didn't even know it was back.
Flag
Staff
I think the problem with Agents of SHIELD's scheduling in the second half of the season is that they needed to air the right episodes before and after the release of Captain America.
Flag
Yeah that must be the reason.
Flag
I'm not sure what TV execs at the major networks are thinking anymore. Cable is so much smarter at this. Short seasons of 8-12 shows and you can count on it to be on every week. There's no programming around the Olympics or reruns for 2 weeks while they try to eek out every penny. If it weren't for my DVR I would have given up on network TV altogether as it knows when the shows are new.
Flag
But its harder to get to syndication numbers with 13 episode seasons. They usually are better quality, but syndication is a huge factor in television business
Flag
Shields ratings might be better if it aired more than 1 new episode per month. Hashtag just saying...
Flag
Staff
I think Marvel and the studio is to blame for that. They needed to Captain America to fall between certain episodes. It's frustrating, but there's little they can do about it given the premiere date for the movie came first.
Flag
They should have produced more episodes, just give us some general procedural stuff as filler that could have been dropped in anywhere. A 26-episode run isn't unheard of.
Flag
I know you're probably right, it's just very frustrating.
Flag
The SHIELD ratings are disappointing, since the show has been better lately. Episode 13 was the first one that wasn't disappointing, and I think most episodes after that have been OK. There have been some stupid moments (Coulson saying that it would have been better to let Skye die, Ward not even trying to avoid Lorelei's touch...), but all things considered, I think the quality has improved significantly.
Flag
The series burned a lot of audience interest in those first 13 middling episodes, it's hard to regain their trust after so many walked away and there was such a malaise among remaining fans.
Flag
And you said "a 26 episode season is not unheard of" you are kidding right..when it comes to SHEILD those initial episodes were so bland they had me looking at watch every 10 min..Tgey are barely gonna make half the season interesting!! Let them role with 22.. As for the scheduling.. I'm not sure they really cared..my guess they keep the series on air till AVENGERS 2, as long as they keep it at 2.0-3.0. then bye bye..Netflix should have its Marvel Series up and running.. Branding Continued!!
Flag
that's how HIMYM should've ended, damn you HIMYM creators! I won't watch the Dad spinoff.. if HIMYM is any indication, then the dad is actually just going to die and she'll go back to her husband she's divorcing. bleh!

it doesn't surprise me that Agents of SHIELD gets lower ratings, most of the people who take part in Nielsen probably aren't very tech savy which is why they seem to just leave their TVs on CBS and that's why they invented weird crap like "lead in"s.. so when a show gets taken on and only comes on a week or two then it's off again for 3, they can't keep up with it.
Flag
Video's been taken down by Twentieth Century Fox on Youtube, but I suppose this is the same one and it's not been taken down yet.

Flag
You know what? it is a good edit, but this show was always about life, good things bad things, and specially unexpected things. So it didn't make sense if they ended it with this mediocre, crowd-pleasing, happily ever after conclusion. Because most times life isn't like that. Who knows if Ted and Robin would end up toghether?The original finale gives the story a nice round feeling (back to where we were at the pilot) and leaves the story open so you can decide whatever happened with the gang after all those years (remember the front porch?)
I think the finale was shocking, heart-breaking and very true to the escense of the story, what more can we ask of it?
Flag
Thanks, I had been hoping to see this. The voice over near the end is still "she's dead"-themed, but an editor can only do so much, it's still way better than the slower cut and double-bummers of the actual show.
Flag
That is how it should have ended
Flag
1000x better. The umbrella scene was the perfect ending.

I still think a great final gag would have been to invite the 'kids' back. After Ted says 'And that is how I met your mother' the camera switches to the kids who are now clearly in their 20s and have them say something like .... 'Wow Dad, you sure took a long time to tell that story!' Fade out and credits.... Smiles all around.

Flag
Or perhaps telling us it wasn't Ted all along... I mean why did they have a different guy doing the voice?
Flag
They've already done it for Comic Con)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMqoH3WpGKs
Flag
Sooooo much better.
Flag
That's it. That is how I'm going to remember it..
Flag
Same here.
Flag
Can they fix the deuce they took on Barney's storyline
Flag
Only by removing it entirely.
Flag
That HIMYM ending is exactly how I choose to believe the show ended, it was perfect sweet and fit the show it belonged to now
Flag
Just in case you care, AoS adjusted up to a 2.0, so in the end not a series low.
Flag
Staff
Awesome!
Flag
I'm actually happy about that news cause that episode really rocked. So thank you :)
Flag
It would be great if that video worked!
Flag
Wow, it's a bit surprising but terrific that Key & Peele won a Peabody. Congratulations to them. Congratulations to all of the winners, of course, but I'm especially pleased about the recognition of their great work.

Flag
No mention of Netflix greenlighting two new seasons of Trailer Park Boys...?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members