A Breaking Bad Community
AMC (ended 2013)

I was (mostly) impressed with the tv.com editor's top 10 picks, and curious about the overall most acclaimed shows. Holiday joblessness and genuine curiosity led me to create a tv.com master top 10 of all the top 10 editor's lists by awarding each ranked show points (based on position, not weighted, simply 10 points for first position in each list, 9 for for second and so on). These were the results:

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Americans
3. Game of Thrones
4. Orange is the New Black
5. American Horror Story: Coven
TIE: Justified/Mad Men
8. The Good Wife
9. Enlightened
10. Rectify

Notes
-It was almost a tie between The Americans (50 points) and Game of Thrones (49 points).
-Orphan Black is right under the list, 1 point below #10.
-After that Veep, Hannibal (that low!!?), Parks and Recreation follow.
-I know, terrible title!

In My Opinion
-Masters of Sex and Hannibal should definitely be on this list, The Good wife should be higher and The Americans should not be that high. Although I love it, and it was one of my favourites of the year too, I'm side-eyeing AHS: Coven's position as well.
- However, I mostly agree. I am very happy to see the Justified, Rectify and OITNB love.) tv.com has some good taste.
- My personal best shows of the year (in this order) included The Good Wife, Masters of Sex, Orange is the New Black, Hannibal, Justified, Breaking Bad and The Mindy Project (yes, The Mindy Project). Game of Thrones too, simply for the final scene of The Rains of Castamere.
- [EDIT] I also averaged the score of each show by dividing its points by the number of mentions in the article. The order is switched up in this interesting way:
Breaking Bad (8.6), The Good Wife (8.3), Enlightened (7.3), Justified (7.2), The Americans (7.1), AHS: Coven (6.6), Hannibal (6.5), Rectify (6.3), GoT (6.1), Orphan Black (6). I think this is a bit ore to my taste, except for the exemption of Orange is the New Black.
-Does anyone strongly agree/disagree with the list?
30 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 5:30 pm
    Thursday Night Football
    CBS