Breaking Bad

Crawl Space

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 25, 2011 on AMC

• Bryan Cranston's finest moment.

I wanted to start off by saying that if there was any doubt that Bryan Cranston would somehow not be able to win his 4th emmy, those doubts are now shattered. This episode stared off slow; after all, we needed to settle down after last week's final minutes. But since when has Breaking Bad ever been known to follow a sure fire formula? Unpredictability is one of the shows finest traits, and oh boy, is this episode unpredictable. We start off by seeing Jess and Gus leave Mike to the fate of Mexico's best doctors. Skyler and Ted are still discussing business involving the IRS. Hank is getting closer to finding his answers. But as soon as we start getting comfortable with what we expect to happen, unpredictability strikes. Sincewhen is life ever that simple in the Breaking Bad world?Like a car crash in slow motion, we can't seem to turn away just as our characters we care for so dearly are dropped into a complete state of panic and hopelessness, all in a matter of minutes. Everything the characters have done results in consequences, and those consequences come back to haunt everyone in this episode. This is brilliant writing from Vince Gilligan and his crew. Enjoy this episode, because it's a rare moment in television history. This, my friends, is the best episode of Breaking Bad.