Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Breaking Bad without Jesse

JoeWashington8

[1]May 13, 2010
    • level: 9

Do you think the show Breaking Bad could survive if Jesse got killed at the end of this season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

guytwo

[2]May 14, 2010
    • level: 7
    Yes, Jessie has become such an A-hole, and the reason is so we don't miss him to much. Anything can happen on BrBa.

directino

[3]May 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    The screenwriters made him so annoying that most viewers will be glad if he dies...

taviow

[4]May 14, 2010
    • level: 4

The Walter/Jesse dynamic makes the show. It wouldn't be the same without him. They won't kill him, of course.

tuckgraph

[5]May 14, 2010
    • level: 19

All the characters on Breaking Bad are damaged goods, to some extent. While everyone else tries to maintain control, Jesse is volatile. He's not very bright, and really doesn't care. Kind of like the Joker in a deck of cards. The show needs him.

FrostyD7

[6]Jun 1, 2010

They could possibly make it work considering the loss to Walt would be huge. But down the line, i think viewers will miss their chemistry (yeah its a pun but i couldnt put it in a better way). I like that they are giving more screen time to other characters like Walt's lawyer, but Jesse is too important to kill off.

RatherBeGamblin

[7]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 4
    Then who's going to be the person to constantly mess up which makes the show intriguing and exciting?

Bamb0o-Stick

[8]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 13
    I agree that Jesse shouldn't die. He's a part of this "Odd Couple" dynamic with Walt. I would be amazed if Jesse actually bites the dust by the end of this season. He tends to have a strange tendency to survive near-death encounters.

PinkPanther8085

[9]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 6
    I don't think they'll kill him off but hes definitely gonna get himself into a lot of trouble in the next few episodes. He's skimming Gus' product and now hes determined to get revenge for his friend's death. Kinda off topic, but when Gus said "Never make the same mistake twice", do you think he was referring to Jesse or Skylar? The dinner happened after Jesse confronted Walt about skimming in the lab (which is most likely bugged). If thats what Gus is talking about, Jesse better prepare himself!

charlie_s_1234

[10]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 1

If I had to guess I'd say no, they won't kill him off, but if they do so be it. The show could definitely go 4 seasons and finish up and I'd be quite content. He's integral in a lot of ways because of the dynamic he brings out of Walter, but based upon Walt's recent behavior that could change.

Shikady

[11]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 13

I don't think they will kill him. I mean. Now he's in deep trouble. The only way I see that could get him out of trouble is by killing Gus...right?.

And Gus...is like he have chains on Walter and the show might get boring...Now is OK. But I really don't see him another season. Cooking in a safe place and getting paid without getting in too much trouble ain't fun to watch.

So i don't think they'll kill Jesse.

BUT...

Skyler now knows Walt's secret. She wants to help him laundry the money he earned by cooking and she seems to be acepting more and more each day about her husband being a meth cooker. My point is that the writters might kill him off and made Skyler the new Jesse. I don't know if that would work, but in my head sounds interesting.

Edited on 06/07/2010 2:20am
    Edited 3 total times.

jkxbox360

[12]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 15

taviow wrote:

The Walter/Jesse dynamic makes the show. It wouldn't be the same without him. They won't kill him, of course.

Yeah, the show needs them. The only people that could die would really be Walt Jr, Skylar, Hank & Marie. Mainly Walt Jr and Marie.

Skylar: Most likely won't die as they are setting it up for next season when she helps Walt.

Hank: Already almost died, and is now recovering/recovered. Probably won't try to kill him anymore.

Walt Jr: Hasn't really moved along any real plot lines. And if he did die, it would create some great TV. Think how pissed everyone would be.

Marie: She hasn't really done much, but I guess more than Walt Jr. I guess if she died, people would be mad, but killing Walt Jr would be MUCH more intense and since Walt Jr is the smallest "main" character on the show it is really a win win

Not losing much, and gaining a great emotional period of episodes.

AgulaDX2

[13]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 8
    I don't think the show could survive without Jesse.

The Jesse character is the "funnel" for Walt towards that "Bad" lifestyle.

Jesse is going to keep Walt in the "Bad".

Everything Walt has done or will do is because of Jesse and Jesse's actions.

One thing about Jesse's character being a "whiny a-hole"....the character is still a kid, a high school drop out no less. He's immature and thinks he knows it all. But he also has a very good and big heart.

Most good people have good hearts even if they act out or act like a douche sometimes.

guytwo

[14]Jun 8, 2010
    Walt is the very competent chemists with a incompetent sidekick called Jessie.
    Soon Walt will be the incompetent sidekick to Skyler who is the very competent accountant. Then Jessie will be gone.

goldtop2007

[15]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 14
    Hmmm..that sounds likely.

goldtop2007

[16]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 14
    I think the show would do fine without Jesse, what else is there to do with the character than to make him screw everything up and die or go to jail?

Would be nice if Breaking could twist in a different direction without having to keep Jesse and Walter together. With writers this good, I know I'll be surprised

Dedpol145

[17]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 3

I would seriously stop watching the show if he got killed.