Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Chances Gus Dies?

Lex1fan

[1]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 4

So what are the odds that in the Finale Gus hits the dust? I give the writers credit because they have built Gus' character more than any other I believe this season...taking out the cartel who killed his best friend (lover?). It would seem since there is only one season left why kill off the best bad guy in season 4 and then have to build up a whole new only in a only a season? Tough task, but I'm partial because I am team Gus/Mike and I'm afraid both are gonna eat it next Sunday...help convince me otherwise!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pnnf

[2]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 4

Actually I think they have been building up the new villain (read: threat to our favourite Methcooks) all along:
    Hank.

With Gus dead, his empire of deceit will implode and the DEA will find out that he was indeed involved in drug business, but with the blue Meth still hitting the road Hank/the DEA will know that Heisenberg is still out there.

Of course I could be totally wrong, too, but I'd still like it that way, since Hank's almost-closing-in-on-Walt-scenes have always been quite thrilling.

tl;dr = I don't think Gus will survive.

[3]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 6

the way i see it, its either Gus or Hank that is going to be killed off in the finale, or i could be totally wrong.

RKOunion

[4]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 5

Lex1fan wrote:

It would seem since there is only one season left why kill off the best bad guy in season 4 and then have to build up a whole new only in a only a season?

Says who? They don't need a to build a new villain. Who was the built up villain for season 2? This isn't Dexter.

BiZzZzaaR

[5]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 5

just started watching this show about 3 weeks ago and I already hit the end of season 4. pretty much i knew how it would turn out. What i didnt expect was the flower that poisoned Brock. It was Walt, and that's what i think is gonna lead off next season. It's gonna be walt Vs. Jesse. Which sucks cause i Love their relationship through out the show. There is no other option in it at this point, besides the DEA. but you know thats gonna be minor.