Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Discussion Thread: 4x02 "Thirty-Eight Snub"

aldaros23

[1]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 53

Discuss here. Beware possible spoilers below.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 12

The "salesmen" wasn't wrong the snub-nosed 38 is just a quality piece with no pretense about it,might not be as pretty as a g26,.380,or walther ppk,but it gets the job done,I keep one in my glove box but for home defense the Mossberg 500 is the way to go.

Skyler felt kind of forced on us this episode I just don't feel like her character brought much to the table

The conversation between Jesse and his sorta ex-girlfriend I felt that scene was handled "right"(for lack of another term) but I really wish the writers would keep pushing forward with his development he's been on a 2 steps forward 3 steps back trip the entire series

The zombie video game argument I had a good laugh with that one, because it definitely took me back to the countless hours I spent passionately defending my position on similar subjects,now those were the days and not for nothing but nazi zombie far worse then some mutated freaks,just saying.

Edited on 07/25/2011 2:47am

aldaros23

[3]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 53
    hmmm i am kinda still confused with Mike. Is he really with Gus or just watching his own behind? Why did Mike punch out Walt... I thought that the scene with Victor really got to him - so why not an alliance as Walt suggests?

Jemadari

[4]Jul 25, 2011

Victor was a glorified bag man, I think Mike considers himself to be a couple rungs above that though just how long he will be useful is in question seeing as he's clearly getting sloppy walking around wearing a shirt with blood on it and now punching people out in the middle of the day in a room filled with witnesses(and really what was that about)

dodyman

[5]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 9

In the last episode of season 3 .. Mike told Walt : " , You know I haven't slept since Thursday ؟ I was out all night cleaning up after you."

In this episdoe the mexican girl told Jesse " After Tomás was murdered, two dudes from the block, one of them shot in the head. " ?

The question is how did she know that one of the two dudes got shot in his head ?! Is it a plot hole or something like that ?

Anyway, Good episode and i am still waiting for more .. and sorry for my english

Jemadari

[6]Jul 26, 2011

Your english is fine and no matter where you live someone getting shot in the head in your area word is going to get around, more often than not the people in the area(at least in an urban setting) will always no more about what happened than the authorities and I don't recall Mike being specific about how he cleaned things up.

dodyman

[7]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 9
    Jemadari wrote:

Your english is fine and no matter where you live someone getting shot in the head in your area word is going to get around, more often than not the people in the area(at least in an urban setting) will always no more about what happened than the authorities and I don't recall Mike being specific about how he cleaned things up.

From what she said , It is obvious that people saw the two bodies and you know Mike is very careful

Do you think Mike will clean up the two dead bodies after they were seen ? I don't think so ..

Jemadari

[8]Jul 26, 2011

well see that's my point people seeing the bodies and the police getting there hands on the bodies are two separate things so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for him to clean up after the fact but again we don't know what "clean up" entails, it could be that he simply picked up the shells from the gun and removed any pieces of Walts car they may have broken off

solidusE

[9]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 4
    anyone else notice the dude that snaps up when jesse's leaving the house the first time after the party....that looked like walt in costume

Shikady

[10]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 13
    The best thing of this episode was Walter transformation into his alter-ego Heisenberg...there was Walt sitting in a car and all the suddenly he puts the hat on...his face changes...he's ready to do what's necessary for survival.

It was awesome.

One of the best scenes in Breaking Bad...and there are tons of good scenes