Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Discussion Thread: 5x02 "Madrigal"

aldaros23

[1]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 53

Airs July 22, 2012. Beware spoilers below.

Edited on 07/15/2012 5:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrosace92

[2]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 7
    Fantastic episode. More Hank and a lot of Mike; it's what I like to see. The interrogation scene was absolutely hilarious. One small question though, I was wondering if anyone can give me input as to what made Mike decide to go ahead and work with Walt and Jesse? One could argue it is because of Hank's threats earlier in the episode but he let a full day or two go by without deciding to go with Walt.

Also, first error I've ever seen Breaking Bad make I believe. As a lifeguard, I know that a AED would not deliver a shock if it reads a regular heartbeat

Jemadari

[3]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 12

This show definitely appears to be going out on top

Walt is becoming a real jerk, he knows how his wife feels about him so that ending scene rubbed me the wrong way on a couple different levels

As for Mike deciding to take the partnership deal I feel it had to do with a combination of the fact that the the DEA mentioned that he never touched any of the money Gus paid him which they now seized, so that years of work gone and as he's about to kill the woman her only concern in the world is making sure her daughter knew she was loved, which may have inspired Mike to rebuild his granddaughter's 'inheritance'

poseidondude

[4]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 5

anyone else bugged by the low episode ratings? the first 2 eps were freaking brilliant

jrosace92

[5]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 7
    poseidondude wrote:

anyone else bugged by the low episode ratings? the first 2 eps were freaking brilliant

Yea i thought they were fantastic as well it really pisses me off when that happens. It's probably people who are expecting constant high intensity. I think there is a great constant intensity but maybe in a different way then others might want it.

No1Slayerette

[6]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 9

Definitely an improvement on last week's premiere. As for Mike deciding to work with Walt and Jesse, other than the fact his granddaughters money might be seized, I think he might have joined because he is the one who will provide the methylamine (from Lydia). Perhaps he thinks he will nowhabe a stronger position/ better hold over Walt. If Mike doesn't like the way things are going, he can always just say 'well I'm not giving you anymore methylamine'. Definitely a good way to have power over Walt.

Grantinator

[7]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 2

The AED was not used in the conventional sense because he put one electrode over his heart and the other in his mouth. Of course if you still think this won't kill you then give it a try and let us know how it goes.

RajIrukulla

[8]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 1
    I got the feeling Mike reconsidered because he needed the money to keep people in jail from flipping.

Does anyone know who the lady was that Mike met with at the diner? It wasn't clear to me.

Jemadari

[9]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 12

Lydia, the woman at the diner was one of the executives present when Madrigal went in to talk to the DEA, so it stands to reason that she was an integral part of the operation with respect to supplying equipment and chemicals