Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Help keep BB alive

Eldryn

[1]May 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    Hey there,

usually people write, speak, express their opinion as soon as they dislike something. If something is good usually you don't hear anything.
    I just wanted to "break" this "rule", PLEASE EVERYONE write to amc how much you loved the 7 episodes of BB. Sure I don't know if this would make any difference at all or not... But still, try and just show them...

It's so **** unbelievable how bad / mediocre shows get new season after season (CSI e.g.) or get picked up for a season 2 immediatly (like Dirty Sexy Money) and really great, great stuff like BB (or Dirt, The Riches etc) still have to fear not to get renewed...

Anyway, so go tell em.

amccustomerservice@rainbow-media.com

Thanks

@Update: I did even get an answer.

"Dear Simon,

Thank you so much for your email regarding "Breaking Bad." We are
    delighted that this AMC original series has garnered so much interest
    and praise. "Breaking Bad" represents the type of high-quality,
    innovative programming that AMC strives to bring to our dedicated
    viewers.

To that end, we are pleased to announce that there will be another
    season of "Breaking Bad," although no Season 2 premiere date is set
    at this time. However, please visit our website at www.amctv.com for
    future announcements as well as other "Breaking Bad" news.

Be assured, all of us at AMC appreciate your support and look forward
    to even more success with "Breaking Bad."

Sincerely,

AMC Viewer Services"
    Edited on 05/23/2008 1:48am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sssquarepants

[2]May 5, 2008
    • level: 23
    Eldryn wrote:
    Hey there,

usually people write, speak, express their opinion as soon as they dislike something. If something is good usually you don't hear anything.
    I just wanted to "break" this "rule", PLEASE EVERYONE write to amc how much you loved the 7 episodes of BB. Sure I don't know if this would make any difference at all or not... But still, try and just show them...

It's so **** unbelievable how bad / mediocre shows get new season after season (CSI e.g.) or get picked up for a season 2 immediatly (like Dirty Sexy Money) and really great, great stuff like BB (or Dirt, The Riches etc) still have to fear not to get renewed...

Anyway, so go tell em.

amccustomerservice@rainbow-media.com

Thanks
    I emailed them

DancingOmelette

[3]May 9, 2008
    • level: 3
    Eldryn wrote:
    PLEASE EVERYONE write to amc how much you loved the 7 episodes of BB. Sure I don't know if this would make any difference at all or not...

It won't make any difference. If networks cared about anything more than money we wouldn't have to fear for this show. You really think they're going to say "well Breaking Bad's ratings aren't good, so I was going to cancel it, but then a few people emailed in and said how much they love the show so I guess I'll keep it on just for them"? Even watching the show won't make any difference unless you have a neilsen box. The one and only thing you can do to help the show is try and get people who have neilsen boxes to watch it (and buy the DVDs if they get released).