If Hank Dies, is there a second season

annabelle44

[1]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 1

Does he die, or are we kep hanging for the second scene.

Great show but a little too graphic.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JonStryker

[2]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    I guess you meant Walt, as Hank is his brother in law - that dumb-ass police man. And if Walt dies there won't be another season - it just wouldn't work. But as he has still one year to live and a change of beating the cancer, so there's enough "space" to make at least one new season.

peprmpati

[3]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    But remember that the shows time line is just over a small period of time (weeks) not years or months. And it is just TV so a period of time for us in the real world does not transfure over.

sssquarepants

[4]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    annabelle44 wrote:

hank?

Bisrossk

[5]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 9
    It seems like this season took place over a pretty short amount of time. If they keep with this pace, and he keeps getting treatment, the show could probably go on for a pretty long time.

jmmaria

[6]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 5

I remember Vince Gilligan saying in one of the "making of" videos at the AMC site: "What if we take Mr. Chips and turn him into Scarface over the course of 40 or 50 episodes?" (This is from "The Making of Breaking Bad: Doc Part 7-- http://www.amctv.com/videos/breakingbad/) I'm guessing this means that Gilligan is thinking about a couple of years at least.

Walt's character is changing. It was alluded to in Epi 7 that part of his illness recovery process is the power of mind over matter (when he is in the doctor's office with Skyler), so I'm wondering if becoming a badass doesn't extend his life for a bit and perhaps strengthen his immune system.

Also, peprmpati is right. Timelines can be compressed or extended in relationship to real time, so we could see a couple of months take place over a couple of seasons.

Edited on 03/10/2008 8:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.

domino87

[7]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 10

Yeah this is TV, so they can make anything work. But obviously if Walt dies then the show dies as well. He's the main character. You watch enough TV you realize where story's are going based on factors like that. (Same reason why I never fear that Jack Bauer, or any main character like that will die)

I really hope this show can run for 3-4 seasons and finish with Walt finally losing his battle with cancer after making enough money so his family will be set. In fact I'm callin it out right now that barring any sudden cancellation, this show's series finale will be Walt kicking the bucket. Expect me to be quoting this post a few years from now and saying, 'I WAS RIGHT MOTHERFCKERS!!!!".

rudelsuppe

[8]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 4
    domino87 wrote:

In fact I'm callin it out right now that barring any sudden cancellation, this show's series finale will be Walt kicking the bucket. Expect me to be quoting this post a few years from now and saying, 'I WAS RIGHT MOTHERFCKERS!!!!".

u shouldnt be so proud just for stating the easiest and most obvious ending

lets make it more interesting: can anyone think of an alternative ending? (still making sense and without getting cheesy).
    i cant ..

sssquarepants

[9]May 5, 2008
    annabelle44 wrote:

thats why its on kinda late and rated TV MA

sssquarepants

[10]May 5, 2008
    rudelsuppe wrote:
    domino87 wrote:

In fact I'm callin it out right now that barring any sudden cancellation, this show's series finale will be Walt kicking the bucket. Expect me to be quoting this post a few years from now and saying, 'I WAS RIGHT MOTHERFCKERS!!!!".

u shouldnt be so proud just for stating the easiest and most obvious ending

lets make it more interesting: can anyone think of an alternative ending? (still making sense and without getting cheesy).
    i cant ..
    thats tough