Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

"I'm out".

dimushi

[1]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 17

I loved everything about season 5 but I don't get as to how he just got out. I mean, it doesn't make sense to have a 180 flip out of the blue like that... it bothers me because he is the king now, he can't just decide to get out. What about the people that he made a deal with?

He didn't just take the entire empire from Gus just to end it all so easily? I have a feeling we didn't see the potential of what it could've happen if he continued his business... I mean he can't just end it like that, the show can't just abandon the meth business like that, so suddenly, in a heartbeat, without any consequences...

Edited on 09/11/2012 5:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DingDingFring

[2]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 1

It doesn't surprise me at all. He is losing everyone close to him, and like Skyler said, 'How much is enough?'. That was the straw that broke the camels back, and the moment Walt realised he's done. Nothing more to prove or earn.

aldaros23

[3]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 53
    Remember that in episode 8 - months go by before he makes that decision. Several important things happened in the first few episodes that influenced his decision - a child died, Jesse wanted out, Mike wanted out, Skyler and the kids were gone, the money started piling up - for what purpose?

ldsdbomber

[4]Nov 23, 2012
    I think you're forgetting the key scene, the new scan at the hospital, him looking at the punch mark in the bathroom cabinet at the hospital.
    Clearly the cancer is back, he's now hit hard with the fact that he's back where he started, with all the money but has lost his family and everything he originally did it for, and also, why would he want to spend his last months or year cooking meth? Now he's once again facing the end, he knows that he needs to make the most of his time

how he actually "got out" I'm not sure, but I guess thats the last 8 episodes, and I'm guessing there are major repercussions

markogeljic1

[5]Dec 13, 2012

him being addicted to kingpin stuff , and deadly connections he has , it is only a matter of time before things COOK UP and his past gets to him again ... no way he doesn't cook anything till the end of the season lol ...