Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Is Walter's brother-in-law Hank Schrader (D.E.A. Agent) an Ace up his sleeve???

Is Walter's brother-in-law Hank Schrader (D.E.A. Agent) an Ace up his sleeve???

JohnnyDrama8

[1]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 10

Is Walter's brother-in-law Hank Schrader (D.E.A. Agent) an Ace up his sleeve??? I have a cousin who is a police officer and I know if I get in trouble I can count on one get out of Jail Free card. Do you think Walter will have an advantage with his brother-in-laws position in the D.E.A. if he gets busted or it wouldn't matter at all??? What do you think??????? Also please Vote thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 32
    I dunno. Hank's kind of an ass. I think he'd be all snarky and zero-tolerance on him.

Just from the surprise party exchanges, he doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for Walt.

Edited on 03/04/2008 4:02pm

bobthebaker

[3]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 6

Hank looks like he actually cares about Walt. He doesn't necessarily respect him as "one of the guys", but he respects him as the father of his nephew and husband of his sister.

However, I don't see this show getting Hank to clearly realize Walt's activities for a very long time. I have a feeling they'll skirt around the issue for a long time with a suspenseful cat and mouse game up until sometime down the line where Hank will find out but his life will be at jeopardy. I don't think the show will give Hank a choice, they'll just kill him off

ExodusPenguin

[4]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    I remember Hank saying that no matter what happens, he will take care of Walt's family. I think it'd be hypocritical of him to turn Walt in if he finds out, considering what he said. It should be interesting to see Hank deal with the conflict of family vs. obligation to the law.

DancingOmelette

[5]May 9, 2008
    • level: 3
    Nine of the people who voted haven't actually given their opinion on your question. Now do you see the folly of making one of the poll options nothing to do with the question?