Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion - "Full Measure" Season 3 Finale (Spoilers)

aldaros23

[1]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 53

Direct all discussion for the highly anticipated Season 3 Finale Here (Season 3, Episode 13).

Make sure to keep some extra time free because this looks like an extended episode (about an additional 30 minutes).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aldaros23

[2]Jun 9, 2010

Actually apparently it's a regular-length episode presented with limited interruptions. Then it's a sneak peak of AMC's third show Rubicon which will be seen directly afterwards.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/07/amcs-rubicon-getting-sneak-premiere-preview-after-breaking-bad-season-finale/53350

Edited on 06/09/2010 6:12pm

Deadwoodfan

[3]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 2

MY GOD! That was the single greatest episode of ANY Tv show that I have ever seen in my LIFE! I was literally shaking and my heart was racing during the final moments of the finale.

Edited on 06/13/2010 8:02pm

aldaros23

[4]Jun 13, 2010
    it was pretty good. Mike really comes through after missing several episodes in a row. Did you catch the humor in there too - how this show continues to combine the two is beyond me.

Stitllams

[5]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 6
    Looks like Jesse aimed at the oven, blowing up them both as he couldn't live with himself after killing him.

lindigj

[6]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 3
    It does seem as though Jesse does aim the gun to the side, but first off, how would he know the oven was on, not to mention whether it was gas powered or electric. Also, we would hear the explosion nearly at the exact time you hear the gunshot, although to be fair you don't hear the bullet impact anything, and at that range it would have been a rather loud splatter.

I'm certainly open to the idea that he didn't kill Gail, or even that he might have performed a murder-suicide, but it seems like there would be easier ways to do that as opposed to all the questions surrounding the viability of shooting the oven. Heck, if he wanted to die, he could have just killed Gale and then waited for Mike to get there.

Anyways, smooth move by Walt to get out of his execution. I knew he'd have to get out somehow, but I was going to hate him for the whole rest of season 4 if he had actually given up Jesse for real.

Magjee

[7]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 5

Awesome episode.

lsdelirious

[8]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 5

Amazing Episode! And I don't think he missed, that was just the camera moving from a side position to Gale's POV of getting shot in the face. What I wonder is if Gus will clean it up to avoid any tracing back to him, or if he'll let the cops find it so they'll go after Jesse... probably a lot easier to kill him in jail. How Walt is going to renegotiate his safety long enough to take out Gus will be interesting to see

tuckgraph

[9]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 19

Many things to like about this episode. In the opening flashback, Walt's working for Sandia Labs, according to the real estate agent. Would like to know how he went from there to becoming a high school teacher. Maybe I missed that in past episodes.

Gotta love Saul. He has this twisted moral compass that suits his depravity so well. And Mike. Did you notice how both Saul and Walt referred to him by name? Mike's a player now. He's got a kid and ex and everything. Good for him. He's a great actor that needed a great role.

And what's Jesse's greater character flaw- his addiction to meth, or kids? Gayle has maintained a kind of child like innocence this entire season, and Jesse found himself pointing a gun at a kid at the end. Of course, Gayle's not a kid, and maybe not that innocent. But there's something about Jesse and kids.

As for Walt, he becomes a less sympathetic character by the episode. But he still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room And maybe he is.

swapnil926

[10]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 1

All I can say is wow. Im going to have to watch the entire season again but as i remember it started off slow but built amazing momentum. The last two episodes along with "One Minute" were amazing, some of the best television i have ever seen.

obsolete123

[11]Jun 14, 2010

lsdelirious wrote:

Amazing Episode! And I don't think he missed, that was just the camera moving from a side position to Gale's POV of getting shot in the face. What I wonder is if Gus will clean it up to avoid any tracing back to him, or if he'll let the cops find it so they'll go after Jesse... probably a lot easier to kill him in jail. How Walt is going to renegotiate his safety long enough to take out Gus will be interesting to see

Gale is dead. The gun was pointed in the center of his face. Pinkman's hand never moved. The camera moved to Gale's POV. I re-watched the last scene twice.

Eric10301

[12]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 12

I was doubting Walt there for a second as he begged for his life but man was I wrong. It was a great finale but I hope next season is the final one. I'd rather the show go out on top and I can't imagine it doing that if it goes to a 5th season.

Shikady

[13]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 13
    What was the point with the first scene? The flashback of Walt and Skyler at the house? Knowing about Walt's ambitions? That the only way is up? I don't know...i didn't get it.

Good season finale...felt a little rushed.

caipirina

[14]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 9
    Just like Mad Men .. i cannot really explain why I am watching the show ... but i am just fascinated! Very nice season finale

Does anyone know what that Italian song is that Gail is singing along just before Gus is coming? Sounds like a real tongue breaker.

And Jesse shooting the oven? I thought he was aiming for the stereo, to turn that mind bending chinese music off (Gail has a weird taste in music)

Stieness

[15]Jun 14, 2010
    I think it has to do with the Laser thing Walt wants to buy since that first scene ends with a reference to lasers. Moreover that building might play a central role in opening of season 4. I was also thinking that the shot heard at the end might be from Mike and Gus assistant who arrived at the place just in time to kill Jesse?

torrijos

[16]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 16
    Hey kids!

Haven't you heard?!

It's official....

Walter is a psychopath ^^

That last scene was amazing.

There is no way Gus assistant could have made it in time I believe it's the whole point of the phone call ringing and the water heating, to mark the fact that very few minutes have passed since the phone call Walt made to Jesse.

And I think Jesse shot Gale point blank in the face. He didn't move it was the camera traveling (look at the doorway in the background) in order to put the audience in place of Gale.

kMaan

[17]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 9
    lsdelirious wrote:

Yeah he definitely shot him, poor Gale

Also, the first scene where they're buying the house shows how Walt's life is so different than he imagined and most of his dreams were broken. (He has 2 kids not 3, he's divorced, doesn't work the job he used to, and there was more stuff too). Just shows how crappy his life is now...

Shikady

[18]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 13

kMaan wrote:
    lsdelirious wrote:

Yeah he definitely shot him, poor Gale Also, the first scene where they're buying the house shows how Walt's life is so different than he imagined and most of his dreams were broken. (He has 2 kids not 3, he's divorced, doesn't work the job he used to, and there was more stuff too). Just shows how crappy his life is now...
    Veryfew people fulfill their dreams, that doesn't mean that we are all unhappy. Yes, his life made an unexpected turn and he's now in deepsh¡t we already knew that since season 1.

Edited on 06/14/2010 1:46pm

JonStryker

[19]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 12

Are you guys sure Jesse did pull the trigger? I am thinking that the noise was from the explosion of that water boiler. I rewatched the scene and did not see any movement of his fingers!

Edited on 06/14/2010 2:20pm

kraylith

[20]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    wow... just.... wow. I love this show. Amazing episode. Walt never ceases to amaze me, the - pardon me - balls...

Pretty sure Jesse shot him, now for better or worse Gus has to keep Walt alive. And for a long time, knowing that a) a genius like Walt, willing to do this stuff probably won't come again anytime soon b) there's no way in hell Walt will train another assistant. He might even get Jesse back, stupid as that may seem, he knows this stuff, his hands are now as dirty as Walt's and both sides know exactly where they stand now, so no more surprises.