Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion - "Full Measure" Season 3 Finale (Spoilers)

lindigj

[21]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 3
    It's been confirmed by Vince Gilligan interviews, Jesse shot Gail.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EternalMemoir

[22]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 7
    Shikady wrote:
    What was the point with the first scene? The flashback of Walt and Skyler at the house? Knowing about Walt's ambitions? That the only way is up? I don't know...i didn't get it.

Good season finale...felt a little rushed.

My father and I had a theory that the first scene was supposed to show how Walter's life had so much promise in the beginning with Skyler (a newly-married couple, just settling into a new home with a new child on the way), and now...look where's it gone. Look what he's gotten himself into. Also, halfway through the episode, it also goes to the same area, only in the present time. At least that's my take on it; dunno what others are saying.

Anyways, that finale was EPIC, to say the least. I will agree that it seemed a little too fast for my tastes, but regardless, what with all the action and the fact that Jesse shot Gale, I can't wait for Season 4 now!

MackTN

[23]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 2

I've criticized this season for being slow, ridiculously drawn out and containing too many sequences that seemed to go nowhere like having to listen to Marie rant and rave against the police, then forgive them a scene or two later. Or Walt spend an entire episode battling a fly. I wouldn't purchase multiple episodes like I did last year. And Skyler corrupted is just not too interesting. She's even self righteous as a baddie. Last year, puzzle pieces fit by the end of the season and looking back, you could see where things were headed. This season seemed more like a display meant to show people that BB could be as good as the Coen Brothers.

The final episode was fantastic. I wish more episodes had been like this one.

JonStryker

[24]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 12

"It's not wrong for you to think he shot this guy. "(Vince Gilligan)

-> for me that's no 100% confirmation he shot Gail

Edited on 06/14/2010 11:28pm

jrosace92

[25]Jun 15, 2010
    Wow what an amazing episode, really intense (and really, really funny too did you notice that?). That whole Mike raiding the warehouse scene was awesome especially with the music in the background, geez the writing on this show is amazing.

And to you people who think Jesse moved the gun away from Gale's face, I believe that was just done for pure cinematography awesomeness, i believe he still pulled the trigger and that it still went through Gale's skull. It was just an intense moment because Jesse finally officially "broke bad".

jrosace92

[26]Jun 15, 2010
    MackTN wrote:

Or Walt spend an entire episode battling a fly.

i really don't understand why nobody liked the "Fly" episode, i thought it was really funny and kind of a refreshing break from all the chaos haha.

Exophagy

[27]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 6
    jrosace92 wrote:
    MackTN wrote:

i really don't understand why nobody liked the "Fly" episode, i thought it was really funny and kind of a refreshing break from all the chaos haha.

Yeah, I liked it too. The only thing that kind of spoiled it for me was that I can catch a fly with one hand, so that was a bit frustrating.

timothyc11

[28]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 5
    I thought the screen blacked out and THEN you heard the gunshot. Where did all this stuff about a water boiler and gas tank come from? Although if its specualtion you're after, I reckon that Jesse did the deed.

timothyc11

[29]Jun 16, 2010

jrosace92 wrote:
    MackTN wrote:

I loved it! The references and nods to other movies in this episiode were brilliant... like Jesse picking up one weapon then seeing a bigger one, then a bigger one, and then a bigger one. and the fly landing on walt and jesse smacking him with that swatter. just lots of slapstick done in a great way with all the usual dark breaking bad undertones.

TCayer

[30]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 1

Let me start by saying I was NOT let down by the finale! I still say Breaking Bad is the best show on TV right now!

I had the same thought about Jessie moving the gun at the last second, but I watched it again and he doesn't move- it's the camera. (To the guy who thought he shot the annoying music- Gale turns off the stereo before answering the door each time.) Gale also turns the stove off before pouring his tea. You can see the gun fire before it fades to black.

I think Gale is probably dead. Too bad, because I like (liked)Gale. I'd want tobelieve he ducked, orJessie missed and then took him hostage or something. I don't think Gale is happy with something happening to Walt, but is afraid of Gus. It might be cool if they made Gale an ally with Walt and Jessie next season. But just imagine what Jessie will go through next season if he did actually kill him. Look how hard it was for him to try to kill the to scumbags, and Gale was just a regular guy. Jessie's been surrounded by death since he met Walt, but never actually killed anyone. Walt's up to what- number 4!?!

Next season will be interesting- Walt's relationship with Gus will definately be strained. If Gale is dead, poor Jessie will be going through hell and probably be hunted like a dog. (While I'd like to see him back helping Walt, I don't thing Gus will stand for his crap. He NEEDS Walt, he doesn't need Jessie. Even if Walt tells him he does.)

Two observations:

Skyler's story about Walt being a gambler hit dead center- Walt takes two big gambles this episode: showing up for the first meeting, and betting they won't kill him right away at the end. I want to believe his begging and snivelling were all an act, and I like how he turned all tough again at the end.

Saul is awesome! I loved his act when Mike went there to bully him! Standing tough, then pretending to let him get what he wants, but really not! He's pretty cool for weasel!

THE ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE IS IT'S GOING TO BE HARD TO WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!

TCayer

[31]Jun 16, 2010

P.S. Favorite quote:

Cartel's probing for weakness.

Mike: "Well they didn't find any."

JonStryker

[32]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 12

@TCayer I re-watched the scene in slow-mo. There's definitely NO gunfire. Although it might sound stubborn: I still think there was no shot fired.

Edited on 06/17/2010 11:29pm

dvname

[33]Jun 17, 2010

I think Mike has been the surprise performance of this series, culminating in this episode. The humility of character has been balanced well with the stark nature of his job as hitman. Add to this the comic situation of his employment by both Saul and Gus (does Saul even know Mike is also employed by Gus?). Imagine the surprise when your own PI turns up to grill you on behalf of the local drug boss.

avi01

[34]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 26
    Efficient finale..next season is going to be mental. Season 3 is overall a great season even tho at times it was pretty slow but in the end it all delivered, there are more goods than bads...this is one of the best shows out there.

mrfurious00

[35]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 10

ladies and gentleman, here's to Gale!

Quartetto Cetra - Crapa Pelada (1945)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROf8KnDW4j8

tjaman

[36]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    Wow, wow and wow. Loved pretty much everything about this season, loving the hell out of Skylar's transformation and seriously hope Hank, during his recovery, starts putting all of those tiny little clues he knows about together in his brain. A showdown with Walt from a wheelchair would be AWESOME!

RyanWhitaker

[37]Jun 22, 2010

Concerningthe "Fly" Episode:

For me I didn't like that episode much at first either. I (used to) like to watch shows that have a fast moving plot and things always happening. Breaking Bad started out like this, and then slowed down(to me anyway) but I still LOVE the show.It isn't the action that keeps me wanting to keep watching this show, it's the plot.I can't get enough. The episode "Fly" was a god break and let you learn some things about Walt that you wouldn't normally think. I am glad that they made this episode because you learn that Walt needs things to always be perfect, but at the same time he was taking it to far because he had so much on his mind/going on in his life. In my mind this was a great episode and can totally see why they made this episode.

Season Finale Thoughts:

I JUST watch this episode about 10 minutes ago. I can't believe how it turned out. From the entire time that there was a "knock" on Gale's door to the time the trigged was pulled I was almost having a heart attack,especiallyfrom when the door opened to the gunshot. From the second that Jessy had pulled the gun out and aimed I, for some reason was rooting for him to shoot Gale. This is only because I didn't want anything to happed to Walt. For me this episode really brought me in. I was simply amazed at what happened. I don't know why I didn't watch this episode sooner, I was much to busy, but DAMN I am glad I saw it. This season was GREAT. As someone mentioned on the first page, this was, with out a doubt in my mind, the best episode of ANY TV show that I have ever seen! I can't agree more! I simply cannot wait for the next season to come out. I need to find out what happens to Gale(even thought people said the director states that Gale was shot).

I have been a fan of this show since s01 e01 and I hope this show ill never end... I really hope that the next season will be as good as this one. I am still running the episode back in my mine because of how good it was!

Also, could someone explain to me the part about Mike raiding the warehouses? I think I understand but I am not 100% sure. They mentioned that it was some cartel of some sort? Is that their "competition"? What I got from it was that the old Chinese(?) guy was supposed to be selling the chemicals to Walts boss, but the "cartel" came in and started stealing the chemicals and/or using them for their own cooking? He stated that he was being "held hostage" by them, but really was just working with them? I am really confused by this part, unless what I understand from it is right. Thanks!

Edited on 06/22/2010 10:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

cephun

[38]Jul 10, 2010

the last 2 episodes were absolutely amazing. what sucks is having to wait till next summer!!! noooooooooooooooo.

i think a more humane way to address the gale problem was to kind of kidnap him, until they can find a solution for the chicken guy. gale may understand since you can tell he wanted to tell walt, after he was approached to take over.