Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - "Abiquiu" (possible spoilers)

aldaros23

[1]May 26, 2010
    • level: 53

A little early, butsendall the discussion for Season 3, Episode 11 here.

(Almost at the end!)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheShafter69

[2]May 30, 2010
    • level: 1
    I thought this episode was wonderful. I'm glad Skylar is coming to her senses and I think this episode really redeemed her character for me

RatherBeGamblin

[3]May 30, 2010
    • level: 4
    Anyone have the recipe/ingredients to Gus and Walt's meal at the end?

Bamb0o-Stick

[4]May 30, 2010
    • level: 13

Skylar is getting into the business frighteningly well. She's turning into a total Lady Macbeth figure.

Edited on 05/30/2010 10:46pm

wingsabre

[5]May 31, 2010
    Another great episode. Towards the end, I kept screaming, "It's blue, It's blue, It's blue," to the TV set, but they didn't show it.

Gus is a strange one to figure out. He's always one step ahead, and it feels like playing chess with someone very skilled, only with him, you can't see his pieces.

aj47

[6]May 31, 2010
    • level: 5

I didn't quite get the ending. Was Jesse's reaction because it was his meth he skimmed off the top and gave to Badger and Pete, and they'd said it wasn't selling?

guytwo

[7]May 31, 2010
    • level: 7
    Maybe Jessie was just checking the street price?? Also, wasn't that was the kid who shot Jessie's friend in season one?

Exophagy

[8]May 31, 2010
    • level: 6
    Yes, it was (but it was season 2) and to me, that was the whole point of the ending.

Jesse had found the kid who shot his buddy, Combo. But he is smart enough to know that the kid was taking orders so he did the deal to get the kid's crew to come out.

Now he knows who they are (or at least what they look like) and knows what he's up against. So that look as he's walking away was like, "I'm gonna get revenge for you Combo!". That's how I saw it anyway, the point about weather it's blue or not may also come into play.

The rest of the episode was amazing as usual. I knew it was going to be good when the first line was, "Yo, I... thought I was going to see some like... vaginas", lol. And Saul talking to Skylar about laser tag was awesome.

wingsabre

[9]May 31, 2010
    Yea, I agree with the revenge part. However, I through it would be blue, because it would mean the Gus ordered the kill. Had it been Combo's meth, it most likely would have all been sold by now.

TeamRamRod1

[10]May 31, 2010
    • level: 5

Yeah Combo's meth is gone but we're wondering if it was Badger and Skinny Pete's meth they were supposed to sell. They could be trying to screw Jesse or could be getting pushed around.

aldaros23

[11]May 31, 2010
    • level: 53
    ^ ahh good point, so Badger and Pete sold to them (they in process of getting sober - Step 2 and Step 5). i dont know... but something is definitely going to happen next episode! Don't miss it.

guytwo

[12]May 31, 2010
    After re-watching I see that Jessie's new girlfriend has a son that deals and he's the kid that shot Combo. I wonder where the "Ice Station Zebra" associates comment by Skyler is going? Ice Station Zebra was a 1968 movie. (and a novel) What a wonderful circle this show can be, the writers are always way ahead of us and they don't slap us in the head with something; we have to be intelligent to enjoy this show; and it's worth every bruised brain cell.

RatherBeGamblin

[13]May 31, 2010

guytwo wrote:
    After re-watching I see that Jessie's new girlfriend has a son that deals and he's the kid that shot Combo. I wonder where the "Ice Station Zebra" associates comment by Skyler is going? Ice Station Zebra was a 1968 movie. (and a novel) What a wonderful circle this show can be, the writers are always way ahead of us and they don't slap us in the head with something; we have to be intelligent to enjoy this show; and it's worth every bruised brain cell.
    ??????????????

Exophagy

[14]May 31, 2010
    • level: 6
    RatherBeGamblin wrote:

guytwo wrote:
    ??????????????

That's right, she spoke about her son, Thomas, who is the kid that killed Combo.

tuckgraph

[15]May 31, 2010
    • level: 19

I think Saul set up Ice Station Zebra early on, when he started to laundry money for Walt. I thought it a humorous name at the time. Skyler didn't. She's all grown up now!

This was the transition episode for Skylar. It was foreshadowed when she offered to pay Hank's medical bills. And then when she telegraphed the gambling angle, through Walt, to Saul! Finally, at the dinner table, when she coyly giggles at Walt's comments. She's all in.

Jesse's in a tough place. The kid in the parking lot, when he reached to get the meth, didn't it sound like a gun cocking? Maybe it was my imagination.

But Gus is still my favorite character (Jesse's a close second!). Trying to maintain a control and sophistication. I hope to eventually see his underbelly.

guytwo

[16]May 31, 2010
    Thanks, I guess I missed the earlier reference to Ice Station Zebra. Skyler is going to be Walt's worst nightmare, she'll be running him ragged with ideas, and then demands. She'll be a match for Saul also. Man I sure heard the click of a gun also. LOL What a moment it was; and was Jessie pissed or what? I was hoping to see the Gus family - but no - is Gus gay for Walt? This show can go anywhere.

RatherBeGamblin

[17]Jun 1, 2010
    RatherBeGamblin wrote:
    Help me out. I want to make that.

RatherBeGamblin

[18]Jun 1, 2010
    Exophagy wrote:
    RatherBeGamblin wrote:

guytwo wrote:
    ??????????????

That's right, she spoke about her son, Thomas, who is the kid that killed Combo.
    Ah. I didn't know that. I never heard anyone call him by his name, when did they?

tuckgraph wrote:

The kid in the parking lot, when he reached to get the meth, didn't it sound like a gun cocking? Maybe it was my imagination.
    Yeah, it did sound like a gun cocking, it might of been the chain on the bike or something when slightly move back. The director was nice on that one.

kMaan

[19]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 9
    Exophagy wrote:
    RatherBeGamblin wrote:

guytwo wrote:
    ??????????????

Thomas was her kid brother, not her son and they did mention his name a couple of times

tuckgraph

[20]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 19

RatherBeGamblin wrote:
    RatherBeGamblin wrote:
    Help me out. I want to make that.
    Okay, here ya go: http://www.all-fish-seafood-recipes.com/index.cfm/recipe/Conger_Eel_Stew_from_Braganca Bon Appetite!