Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - ABQ (possible spoilers)

aldaros23

[21]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 53
    Gus already knew Walt's full name when he met him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nasta123

[22]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 6

Yep, and I don't think it was a coincidence he found out that his brother-in-law is in DEA. Simply because it is not a coincidence (least of all irony as someone proposed) that Gus is in charge of the big DEA fundraiser. He knew who Walt was before he met him, so he must've run a full background check, careful man that he is, so he knew full well about his brother-in-law and probably that was the biggest deal breaker for him to decide to deny him the deal. Walt's persistence however convinced him to some extent that this was not a setup so he decided to give him a chance. Of course, he cannot fully trust him, so what better way to ensure his trustworthyness than to check straight from the horse's mouth - get close with the DEA and esp. the (oh coincidence again, state where he isn't even operating) task force of walt's brother-in-law...

My God, this show is so great on sooo many levels. Give season 3 already!

Hopefully Weeds will serve as a temp fix for a while...

Edited on 06/06/2009 4:43pm
    Edited 3 total times.

CjTl2005

[23]Dec 24, 2011
    • level: 11

Season 2 in the books. I can't decide whether to hate Skyler or to feel sorry for her. If my wife were that annoying I'd have been gone a long time ago. Skyler's not all that pretty and she has a silly name. Why'd Walt leave Gretchen in the first place? Oh well -- live with the choices you make. :p

Q (John de Lancie) is Jane's dad. That was bugging me for a while. I thought he looked familiar but I couldn't place it. IMDB helped me out there.

So far the show has not failed to keep me interested. There's so much going on, and so much unraveling. The acting is superb and so is the story. I can't wait to watch the next season. Once that happens, though, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for S4. Not sure where I'll be able to watch that one.