Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: "... And the Bag's in the River" (2-10-08)

tjaman

[1]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 32
    New ep tonight, and a minimarathon scheduled later this week for anyone wanting to catch up. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Feb 10, 2008
    OMG, what a bitca! Shoplifting shoes? Freeqin' hypocrite. Of course, I've never liked Skylar's sister and I'm fairly certain I'm not meant to.

Also, how paranoid and presumptuous is it to take one offhand remark from one's sister and turn it into a whispering campaign against some kid with CF? To then track it to a conference with the freeqin' DEA (regardless of how in-the-family it is, those guys see drug use absolutely everywhere anyway, especially that douche).

Not even talking to the kid or reflecting on whether there's anything even remotely different about him, which there hasn't been.

Obviously the first step is to call your DEA husband and while you're at it, steal some shoes to feel better about your damn self.

It threw me a little bit that Pinky was actually in the hotel while Walt Jr. was outside being "confused straight." Of all the gin joints in all the world, huh? Paranoid meth tweekers are hilarious tho, huh? I think they ought to drop all pretense of this being a comedy. This show is a drama with occasional black humor. The things where it's trying to be comic are coming across weaker than if they'd just play them as dark straight lines.

imo, of course.

I didn't know what the heck Walt was up to with that plate. It was so cool how the guy was talking to him and being all friendly like to lure him within stabbing distance.

What's not immediately clear is why he didn't go for his arms? Oh well, he got a few good slashes in. Walt was walking pretty good for someone who'd been stabbed in the leg, I thought.

"Skyler, I've got something to tell you."

Oh my.

This ought to be good ...

Looking forward to next week's quite a lot.

Edited on 02/10/2008 11:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JonStryker

[3]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'm quite sure that he is about to tell her that he has lung-cancer, not that he is a drug-cooking murderer!

tjaman

[4]Feb 11, 2008
    JonStryker wrote:
    I'm quite sure that he is about to tell her that he has lung-cancer, not that he is a drug-cooking murderer!

Yeah, that'd be my guess too.

Jemadari

[5]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 12

Yeah it's a given he's going to tell her about the cancer...I absolutely loved the scene where Jesse tells Walter that the coin toss is sacred b/c I have always thought this myself,it's about as perfect as the laws of supply and demand