Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - Breakage (possible spoilers)

lowriderz95s10

[1]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 67
    Please direct all discussion for "Breakage" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Exophagy

[2]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 6
    Great episode. I'm liking Hank more and more. The scene with Walt and Jesse trying to figure out how to distribute their product was a highlight.

Lazlow63

[3]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 4

I enjoyed the episode. Even though there weren't any huge developments, there were lots of moves toward reconciliation: Skylar and Hank are talking again, as are Skyler and Marie. And Jesse paid off the guy with the junk yard, whom he'd ripped off. (Though there may be a double-cross in their future.)

Hank and Jesse are back in business, without a middleman. And they are both using what they've learned so far-- especially Jesse, who is keeping the drug use out of his new rental apartment. He knows that he's on the DEA's radar, so he's watching himself.

New developments include Walt's insistence that Jesse use violence and retribution to protect the business from "breakage." Also a promotion for Hank, who also may be developing health problems of his own. I loved the opening scene where we see and illegal immigrant find the paperweight containing Tuco's grille in the Rio Grande.

I'm glad a lot of the many pressure points are at least partially resolved, with new ones opening up.

CjTl2005

[4]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 11
    Lazlow63 wrote:

. . .I loved the opening scene where we see and illegal immigrant find the paperweight containing Tuco's grille in the Rio Grande.

Wow, I missed that one big time. It looked familiar because I remember them giving it to Hank, but I didn't put it all together. One of the drawbacks to watching so many episodes at a time I guess.