Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: "Crazy Handful of Nothin" (3-2-08)

tjaman

[1]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 32
    O. M. F. G.

Discuss!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bobthebaker

[2]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    good ending

tjaman

[3]Mar 3, 2008
    That whole episode was so freeqin' cool. I thought they had the right amount of tension, and that Walt had the right amount of naivete about approaching Tuco. "Hey, I know you don't know me, but how's about I give you a felony quantity of methamphetamine?"

And I freeqin' loved the explosive mercury. I wonder why it didn't go up sooner. Maybe he'd already exposed the exterior of the crystal to oxygen and when the crystal shattered on the ceiling it exposed the reactive interior. However he did it, that was freeqin' AWESOME!

And I loved his street name -- "Heisenberg." The guy who theorized you can know the speed of a particle or its position in time and space but you can't know both because the process of measuring either property changes the other. The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is among my favorite aspects of quantum physics and it's a perfect pseudonym for Walt's x factor.

I'm with Walt Jr. on his new look: Badass.

And naturally I feel sorry for Hugo. He is of course breaking the law and was risking everything that happened to him anyway. But Hank is dismissing him too easily as a potential supplier of materiel to a cooker. All he needed was access and he could sell all the glassware and so forth.

Oh well. Yay for shortsightedness!

thescott12345ab

[4]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    this is the first episode i watched , freaking awesome. Im sad i havent been watchin this since the begining, hope they make a season 2

tjaman

[5]Mar 4, 2008
    First, cool avie, and welcome.

Second, it's on AMC, so they'll have some season encores. They've run through "Mad Men" already a couple of times since last summer. Check listings, or amctv.com for upcoming airtimes.

And you can probably catch it on-demand or on iTunes if you can't wait.

thescott12345ab

[6]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 2
    cool yea ill look out for the season encores, the first 2 episodes were online and I watched them

YourmomNH

[7]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    while I was watching the episode I was hoping Walt would bail out Hugo or something like that. Or that maybe he had a cousing that could distribute the meth for them. How messed up would it be for them to have a high school janitor selling pounds of crystal made by the chemistry teacher.

tjaman

[8]Mar 4, 2008
    Scary thought.

dngrousLY

[9]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 4

Holy mother of god, what a brilliant episode!

What can I say? This is the best way to spend my sunday evenings. Thrilling, emotional, intelligently scripted and fabulously acted Show and it's getting better every week.

I loved the way this episode was done, a lot of different aspects in this situation where Walt has to deal with many complications, regarding cooking and treatment. One of those issues will be, or already is, Hank.. I'm wondering how this situation is going to turn out. What if Hank is able to reveal Walt's little secret? Will he turn him in? I personally have no idea, although I think it is possible..

Wow and what about the ending, how freaking awesome was that? I didn't see it coming, which made it even more enjoyable for me.

It was so funny afterwards, thinking back to Walt's speech earlier about the mercury then this. Brilliant how he said it: 'You got one part of that wrong. This- .. is not meth." And 'boom'! Lovely camera work there

I'm starving for more Breaking Bad.

Best show out there!

McFrips

[10]Mar 5, 2008

Definitly over the top. Watching Walt's transition throughout these first episodes is amazing, and that outburst after he got in the car was so fitting. We've all (figuratively) been there, facing our fears head-on w/o knowning the outcome, and then afterwards you act all cool until your alone and ready to burst with a "F* yeah".

Such a great show, its a shame its not more popular.

TimSpot

[11]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 18

Awesome episode for sure... probably the best of the season.

I really don't see how AMC would not pick the show up for a second season... they're not exactly flush with original programming, and they need to keep this streak of highly praised shows going.

And five years ago who the heck would have guessed that AMC would be delivering such awesome shows?

palle007

[12]Mar 7, 2008
    yup, he is bad

ExodusPenguin

[13]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 15

Hands down the best episode to date. I loved how much foreshadowing there was: the mercury discussion in class, the beginning where we see him walking out the building with the money, etc. Walt is definitely one of the more interesting characters out there. The best characters are those who are questionable in their morals, yet somehow gain sympathy from you anyway, and Walt certainly fits that category.

I'm very interested to see how this whole Hank/Walt situation will turn out. I think the card game was foreshadowing as well, that Walt is calling all the shots, even though he really has no clue what he's doing ("handful of nothin'"). Great set-up for the season finale. It's a shame, though, that the season is so short due to the strike. Hopefully it won't affect the show in terms of a second season.

big_haircut82

[14]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 22
    I went on vacation and my dvr got disconnected so it didn't record. Does anyone know when this episode might be re-airing?

tjaman

[15]Mar 11, 2008
    Bummer. Check amctv.com. It will almost certainly be reairing several times.
    Edited on 03/11/2008 1:54pm