Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - Grilled (possible spoilers)

lowriderz95s10

[1]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 67
    Please direct all discussion for "Grilled" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shikady

[2]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    Awesome episode. Best so far imo.

Lazlow63

[3]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    Wow. In-tense! And funny.

dprez911

[4]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    omg, frikken amazing.

People need to watch this damn show.

EternalMemoir

[5]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 7

Incredible. That's all there is to it. My heart was pounding when Walt spilled the beans on what they were about to do to Tuco.

But it's a tad confusing at this part: Hank (the DEA agent) finds Jesse's car all the way out in the desert. Now, I know he was looking for his car, of course, but what puzzles me is how Hank knew that it was out in the desert. Was he just crusing around and he just happened to find it there? Or was it something else?

Well, hopefully my question will be answered by the next episode. I need more already! XD

IdiotBoxx

[6]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 10

EternalMemoir wrote:

Incredible. That's all there is to it. My heart was pounding when Walt spilled the beans on what they were about to do to Tuco.

But it's a tad confusing at this part: Hank (the DEA agent) finds Jesse's car all the way out in the desert. Now, I know he was looking for his car, of course, but what puzzles me is how Hank knew that it was out in the desert. Was he just crusing around and he just happened to find it there? Or was it something else?

Well, hopefully my question will be answered by the next episode. I need more already! XD

Right after Hank was talking w/ Jesse's mom he called his partner Gomez to see if he can run a check on Jeese's car because he had a feeling that it possibly had LoJack on it. If it did then he wanted Gomez to get a fix on it. So I'm guessing that is the only way he'd be able to find the car way out there.

It was a great episode! The whole scene w/ with Tuco and Tio and that bell ringing was great. Crazy!

Walt keeps getting himself even deeper into trouble. I am so looking forward to next Sunday.

Hey...did Walt and Jesse leave their wallets back at the house?

Also back in season 1 I've been wondering what they did w/ Crazy 8's body after Walt killed him. I guess they could have dissolved him in the chemicals like they did to his cousin...but this time no bathtub.

Edited on 03/16/2009 9:25pm

Lazlow63

[8]Mar 17, 2009

IdiotBoxx wrote:
    Also back in season 1 I've been wondering what they did w/ Crazy 8's body after Walt killed him. I guess they could have dissolved him in the chemicals like they did to his cousin...but this time no bathtub.

Yeah, they made a reference to that: Jesse said had to move out after he saw two bodies get dissolved there. He couldn't even take a decent dump in that house anymore.

Speaking of things that seemed un-clear, for a while I was confused as to how Tuco didn't know that Gonzo was dead. After all, he died in the junk yard where Tuco killed No Doze.

But I guess Tuco and Gonzo left together, and then Gonzo doubled back without Tuco's knowledge so Gonzo could retrieve No Doze's body so he could give it a proper burial. He must have been in the process of moving the body when the cars shifted and trapped him.

EternalMemoir

[9]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    Lazlow63 wrote:

Yeah, they made a reference to that: Jesse said had to move out after he saw two bodies get dissolved there. He couldn't even take a decent dump in that house anymore.

Speaking of things that seemed un-clear, for a while I was confused as to how Tuco didn't know that Gonzo was dead. After all, he died in the junk yard where Tuco killed No Doze.

But I guess Tuco and Gonzo left together, and then Gonzo doubled back without Tuco's knowledge so Gonzo could retrieve No Doze's body so he could give it a proper burial. He must have been in the process of moving the body when the cars shifted and trapped him.

Or maybe when Gonzo was moving the body, he was out of Tuco's eyesight, so then Tuco wouldn't have seen that he died. Still, that does bring up a good point, as to: why didn't Tuco wonder what was taking Gonzo so long to get back to the car. Perhaps Tuco was searching for him, couldn't find him, and just gave up, probably thinking that Gonzo could find his own way back to their hideout. :/ Unbeknownst that another one of his men was dead.
    Edited on 03/17/2009 5:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Exophagy

[10]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    Cool episode, I loved the way the tension was building all through it til the end when Hank comes in a wastes Tuco. I thought Hank would have recognized him though, I guess he was too far away.

IdiotBoxx wrote:
    Hey...did Walt and Jesse leave their wallets back at the house?

No, Tuco gave it back to them, that's why I was surprised Jessie didn't have his car key.

And check out Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul's appearance on The Soup;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVUcGNJfQWM
    Edited on 03/21/2009 12:23am

Lazlow63

[11]Mar 21, 2009
    Thanks for the link, Exophagy. Fun stuff.