Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

Predictions on Breaking Bad ending as a series?

  • Avatar of RatherBeGamblin

    RatherBeGamblin

    [1]Jun 9, 2010
    • member since: 07/26/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 63

    Make some predictions of what you think will happen in the finally moments of Breaking Bad series finale. I know we might get two more season of more, but how do you see it ending in the bigger picture or even better how would you like it to end?



    Do you think Walt will die? Jesse get killed off?


    I think Walt dies and some how finally changes Jesse with a big impact for the good or something along those lines.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fladimir7

    fladimir7

    [2]Jun 9, 2010
    • member since: 11/07/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 205

    RatherBeGamblin wrote:


    I think Walt dies and some how finally changes Jesse with a big impact for the good or something along those lines.


    How could walt die so early like that and expect another season when he's supposed to be the lead character? Your prediction is way off. As far as mine, i don't really know. This show is quite unpredictable, but it seems Walt just keep getting badder and badder so i'm thinking he might have to confront Gus before all of this ends.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fladimir7

    fladimir7

    [3]Jun 9, 2010
    • member since: 11/07/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 205
    oh sorry i thought you said this season finale
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoeWashington8

    JoeWashington8

    [4]Jun 9, 2010
    • member since: 06/04/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 320

    Jesse learns the truth about Walt's involvement in Jane's death which sets into motion the beginning of the end of the Walt-Jesse relationship.


    Jesse dies by Walt's hand.


    Walt becomes the new Gus.


    In the series finale, Walt either dies or is still alive but ends up in a bad situation.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Exophagy

    Exophagy

    [5]Jun 9, 2010
    • member since: 12/29/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 318
    By the end Walt's badness has permeated every aspect of his life so he thinks about trying something different, breaking good, the end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aldaros23

    aldaros23

    [6]Jun 9, 2010
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 580
    I dont know... I can only think of it ending negative: e.g. walt dead, jesse dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Smo17

    Smo17

    [7]Jun 10, 2010
    • member since: 03/08/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    Here's my prediction.

    Walt and Jesse become estranged from Gus' operation, starting their own (probably by the end of this season). Walt is the head honcho with Jesse as the right hand man/partner. Season or two of build up where their new operation gets built up and big. The finale ends with a showdown between Gus and Co. and Walt, Jesse and Co. Walt and Jesse come out on top, becoming the kings north of the border, but Walt dies shortly after (cancer finally gets to him? Injuries? Assassination?) and Jesse steps up, finally going from apprentice to master. Fade to black as Jesse looks upon his empire for the first time as the top man.

    ...

    This is probably waaaaaaay off, but I can dream
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RatherBeGamblin

    RatherBeGamblin

    [8]Jun 12, 2010
    • member since: 07/26/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 63
    Smo17 wrote:
    Here's my prediction.

    Walt and Jesse become estranged from Gus' operation, starting their own (probably by the end of this season). Walt is the head honcho with Jesse as the right hand man/partner. Season or two of build up where their new operation gets built up and big. The finale ends with a showdown between Gus and Co. and Walt, Jesse and Co. Walt and Jesse come out on top, becoming the kings north of the border, but Walt dies shortly after (cancer finally gets to him? Injuries? Assassination?) and Jesse steps up, finally going from apprentice to master. Fade to black as Jesse looks upon his empire for the first time as the top man.

    ...

    This is probably waaaaaaay off, but I can dream
    Good prediction until you started fantasizing about Jesse being on top.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bnekid

    bnekid

    [9]Jun 12, 2010
    • member since: 03/05/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 23

    I think Walt and Gus team up, now that Walt has seen how professional Gus runs his operation. After telling him how he respects the way Gus thinks. Walt has already started to change the way he thinks, more in line with Gus. Now that they made their deal together, Walt will side with Gus, Gus making sure that Walt will handle Jesse in whatever happens. I don't think there will be a falling out between Walt and Gus. However there may be something regarding Jesse. Either Jesse will go on the run and try to stay hidden, until an arrangement can be made about Jessie.


    As far as how the series will end, Bryan Cranston said during an interview that Walt will die, its just a matter how he dies. I think in the end, Walt will succeed in his goal, to leave his family with financial freedom.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of D-DawgMan1

    D-DawgMan1

    [10]Jun 13, 2010
    • member since: 01/25/06
    • level: 48
    • rank: Conehead
    • posts: 8,236
    I think that Walt's going to die at the end of the series too. It just wouldn't seem right if he lived because he's in a sense, a dying man. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. We've seen the way he has detached his emotions in many situations since the beginning and I definitely see a darker side to Walt.

    I feel that he will be able to leave his family financially well off. But I feel that Walt will die of his cancer and leave behind his fortune for Jesse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lindigj

    lindigj

    [11]Jun 13, 2010
    • member since: 07/16/03
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 23

    Well, after seeing the season finale, and taking in to account that Gilligan aims for Walt to eventually have gone from a "regular milk and chips guy to scarface", I can't see any solution other than Walt kills Gus and his henchman by his own hand. Only other possibility is that the cartel catches up to Gus -- that seems to be something they've been hinting at for a bit. Anyways, I think somehow Mike ends up working for Walt after Gus is gone. I basically expect that to be the transformation next season, along with some other tough decisions that harden Walt even further. Then in season five I think he will run his business professionally like Gus, but be even more ruthless than him. I would imagine he also probably still has the cartel on him, as he will probably never be able to repay his debts for his involment in Tuco's murder. There will likely be even more strife in the White household, and finally Hank will start to figure things out. I'm sure we will eventually get to a point where Hank finds out everything and has to make a decision there about what to do. Anyways, to those who think the show needed to end with season 3, I think that's silly -- there is still so much to tell here, and I have all the faith in the world that Vince Gilligan will deliver it to us in the perfect way. Enjoy the ride!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of breakingbadfan

    breakingbadfan

    [12]Jun 14, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2

    I think the path Walt is on for season 4 logically puts him up against Gus in an epic showdown that results in either Walt's demise or Gus' usurption.


    I also think Breaking Bad fans would be foolish to think Vince Gilligan and the writers would allow the plot to follow such a logical and predictable path.


    Of all the main recurring characters, Walt Jr. is the only one who has not faced a moral delemna yet in the series. My prediction is that, through no fault his own, Jr. will become the next victem in his father's actions.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of breakingbadfan

    breakingbadfan

    [13]Jun 14, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    @lindigj - why would Walt be even more ruthless than Gus if he was top dog? Every act of ruthlessness Walt has perpetrated comes as an act of desparation in a life or death situation. (feel free to disagree)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lindigj

    lindigj

    [14]Jun 14, 2010
    • member since: 07/16/03
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 23
    That prediction is based on the path we see Walt on. I'm not suggesting that he is going to be like Tuco, but I think he will start to treat situations that could harm his business in the same vein that he currently treats life or death situations.

    Basically I come to that conclusion based on the progression of the way Walt handles death. Especially if you look at the Walt that we saw in the flashback in last night's finale, compare that to the Walt who took two whole episodes to kill Krazy-8. Two seasons later he has little problem with letting Jane die -- who is hardly a serious threat to him, and certainly that was not a life or death situation. He also shrugged off Combo's death as a sort of expected casualty, and did not even blink when he shot the second gangster in "Half Measures" point blank in cold blood. Finally, he doesn't seem to be conflicted in the slightest to have to kill Gale in the finale. Also, if you observe his methods of killing, they started out as subtle means like chemical mixtures and poisons and now it has got to a point where he is 100% comfortable with putting a bullet in someone's head. I just think he is starting to see death as a part of the business, and eventually the lines will blur between necessity or just a business move.

    Walt is undergoing a transformation, and I think the end character will be wildly different than the Walt we know now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RobinCook

    RobinCook

    [15]Jul 2, 2010
    • member since: 04/19/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 24

    Considering how Walter has lung cancer and knows his time on the planet is limited ... plus he appears to think a good ten chess pieces beyond ... I think he is still viewing his original stance with taking care of his family money issues before he dies.


    His wife, Skyler, has already taken on a different perspective of what her life is presently and what is potentially going to happen without Walter. She has experienced the luxury of radiant heated flooring and this small bathroom tidbit brings into the picture that she does crave more in her life than what she has. Viewing how she has no respect from co-workers in her job since they know of her affair with the boss, she really is facing a lot of hardships and needs/wants to take on a stronger womanly role to be in charge of her future. She knows that she has a tenuous relationship with her boss, plus she is in a bad position as a temporary employee working for a man who is cooking his books (and giving her lame excuses for his own money laundering to hide is actions).


    I think we will see more of a ruthless edge to Walter as he nears his demise. He figured out that Gus has ambitions of higher power and is rocking the boat with various cartels to shift himself into a better position, plus he figured out how Gus manipulated the situation with killing the boy ... which demonstrated how dreadfully ruthless he is despite his calm demeanor (and gave Mike an insight he hadn't really known about). The scene with Mike and his daughter was carefully placed and a rule for hit men (and a Cartel rule) is to not hurt children/innocents, so this plays a significant puzzle piece to how Mike will respond thereafter to Gus. I sense that Mike is working for one ... or in behalf of the Cartel(s) to assess what is going on with Gus. For Walter to position things to fully provide for his own and immediate family extensions like helping with Hank's medical, he must ensure himself as the key cooker of the blue rock, plus must have control over it for the Cartel's to get & distribute it. With Saul, the money laundering business will get set up for Skylar and Walter separating everyone from Gus' Cartel criminal connection tree. Gus's power will have to be eliminated, but Walter has to give him enough rope to hang himself.


    Walter is in the mode of taking "Full Measure" steps at this stage of the process. I think his cancer prognosis is a short window of remission and he has been keeping it secret ... and knows he must get things rolling faster (and more no-nonsense) to completion before he dies.


    Hank's position in a wheelchair posits many questions with his role in season 4. He's no dummy and has to have fit together the pieces that Jesse led him to the RV shortly after his phone call inquiry to Walter. Later, when Hank was in the hospital, he asked where the money was coming from to pay for his medical bills, so he's already onto the tangle of family versus DEA and his own demons. How he unravels in his role in SN4 is anybody's guess, but I suspect he may combine his knowledge with Skylar and Walter to set things further in motion ... and he may turn more to the dark side.


    I suspect that Walter will die due to his lung cancer or he will be in the hospital dying near the end of the series completion. I think Skylar will be working together with her brother, Hank, and Skylar will dump her Boss and become her own, self-sufficient woman. After all, Hank has no job to go to and his future is bleak ... and he didn't appear he liked his job much anyway and it was taking a huge toll on his life. Jesse's part in this is difficult to figure where his placement will be, but suspect he will use his money to share a new life with the new gal in his life ... and hopefully dismiss consuming the blue rock versus cooking it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aldaros23

    aldaros23

    [16]Jul 8, 2010
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 580
    ^ I doubt the death by lung cancer... season 3 saw nothing of the illness. remission was stated several times. i think it's pretty much done. of course, yes it could come back... by i doubt it will.

    the only reason it was brought up more recently by Gus was to trick Gale into thinking Walt was dying soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hirostheman

    hirostheman

    [17]Sep 10, 2010
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 865

    lindigj wrote:


    Well, after seeing the season finale, and taking in to account that Gilligan aims for Walt to eventually have gone from a "regular milk and chips guy to scarface", I can't see any solution other than Walt kills Gus and his henchman by his own hand. Only other possibility is that the cartel catches up to Gus -- that seems to be something they've been hinting at for a bit. Anyways, I think somehow Mike ends up working for Walt after Gus is gone. I basically expect that to be the transformation next season, along with some other tough decisions that harden Walt even further. Then in season five I think he will run his business professionally like Gus, but be even more ruthless than him. I would imagine he also probably still has the cartel on him, as he will probably never be able to repay his debts for his involment in Tuco's murder. There will likely be even more strife in the White household, and finally Hank will start to figure things out. I'm sure we will eventually get to a point where Hank finds out everything and has to make a decision there about what to do. Anyways, to those who think the show needed to end with season 3, I think that's silly -- there is still so much to tell here, and I have all the faith in the world that Vince Gilligan will deliver it to us in the perfect way. Enjoy the ride!




    I was given season 1 on DVD last week....7 days later, i've watched the entire series!! With the story lines so fresh in my head, I can't agree with your post more. I think Jesse may eat one of his own bullets in the opening seconds of season 4...I don't really know if I think that's a real option, but would certainly keep in line with the show throwing me for a loop every chance it has. Love the evolution of Mike's character. I'm just blown away by this show!!




    lindigj wrote:
    That prediction is based on the path we see Walt on. I'm not suggesting that he is going to be like Tuco, but I think he will start to treat situations that could harm his business in the same vein that he currently treats life or death situations. Basically I come to that conclusion based on the progression of the way Walt handles death. Especially if you look at the Walt that we saw in the flashback in last night's finale, compare that to the Walt who took two whole episodes to kill Krazy-8. Two seasons later he has little problem with letting Jane die -- who is hardly a serious threat to him, and certainly that was not a life or death situation. He also shrugged off Combo's death as a sort of expected casualty, and did not even blink when he shot the second gangster in "Half Measures" point blank in cold blood. Finally, he doesn't seem to be conflicted in the slightest to have to kill Gale in the finale. Also, if you observe his methods of killing, they started out as subtle means like chemical mixtures and poisons and now it has got to a point where he is 100% comfortable with putting a bullet in someone's head. I just think he is starting to see death as a part of the business, and eventually the lines will blur between necessity or just a business move. Walt is undergoing a transformation, and I think the end character will be wildly different than the Walt we know now.


    Again, 100% in the same mindset. Really enjoyed your thoughts, would love to hear more if your active on boards...I'm very helter skelter however, but will keep an eye out.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of piranhapete

    piranhapete

    [18]Dec 31, 2010
    • member since: 12/31/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,135
    I think Walt will complete his transformation and near the end of the series top Gus as drug kingpin. However, Jesse, whom I feel has always been the more compassionate of the two, will see Walt's brutality and kill him, breaking good in a sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lws75

    lws75

    [19]Dec 31, 2010
    • member since: 01/01/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    I rekon in the end walt will live and i also think skylar will take him back,but i think hank or marie will see threw the gambling lie and hank will have to decide wether or not to tell the dea about walt being a cook. I think jesse will relapse after full measures episode and dissapear for a while, but will play a big part in keeping walt out of jail once he stops feeling sorry for himself that is. I also think saul the dodgy lawyer will end up being killed because of jesse somehow. Maybe hank will work a deal with walt and jesse to keep them out of jail,along as they give up all details on pollos chicken shop and the laundry. anyway,cant wait for season 4 and hopefully another season or 2 after aswell,cheers

    Edited on 12/31/2010 10:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.