Breaking Bad Forums

AMC (ended 2013)

SKYLER ? she is going to end up making me stop watching this show.

Plug2k

[1]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 4

Im getting sick and tired of watching someone that is so negative its unreal. lol

she is starting to annoy the shit out of me... anyone else agree ? this season she is annoying.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Exophagy

[2]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 6
    Are you watching season 5? I find her the least annoying she's been all series.

Units420

[3]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 2

So how exactly would you remain positive in her situation?

No1Slayerette

[4]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 9

Exophagy wrote:
    Are you watching season 5? I find her the least annoying she's been all series.

Same here! I've started liking her more and more since she found out about Walt, but then she had that unfortunate business with Ted and I started to hate her again, but now, well, she's definitely the best her character has ever been. I'm actually quite impressed at how the writers have turned her around.

jrosace92

[5]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    She was so much worse when she was passive-aggressive in seasons 2 and 3

englishshewolf

[6]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 14

I really feel for her this season and am glad she is at last getting an emotional arc of her own and not just used as a reactive to Walt's behavior. Walt is the monster (who I love to hate) and i'm kind of hoping if he can't find some redemption by dying for Jesse in the end then Skyler gets to off him .

She's been a difficult character to warm to in the past because she is kinda meant to signify "normal' so we the audience can guage by her reactions how far off the reservation Walt has gone . It is bound to make her character seem judgmental but without Skyler the story arc would have had no balance or perspective. Skyler is the only one who knows about both sides of Walt's life is the one constant yardstick that Walt's rise and fall can be measured by.

I think it's important to see her as being written as an audience viewpoint more than a "wife" to see how necessary she has been to telling the story.

I think the actress is great in the role and am glad for her that the character is being fleshed out, but she is not in any way written as a love interest imo despite being married to Walt. Their sex has just been used to illustrate Walt's self esteem or mood changes the 'romance' of the story if there is one is written between Walt and Jesse

Edited on 08/09/2012 4:17am

RockstarDX

[7]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 6
    I feel like the character has never been stronger. We're witnessing the breaking point of a largely normal person since the start of the show and I love it. It just keeps me glued to the TV how much pain she's clearly in and her desperation to be a good mother as well.