Breaking Bad

Open House

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jul 31, 2011 on AMC

• Something's brewing, wait for a bang sometime soon. Dialogue is a little awry.

So it's the end of the third episode. This season is going to be much more methodical, I can tell you that right now. Things are going to be very neat and things are going to build up and solidify in a sequential, organized order. In this episode, the plot thickens as Skyler and Walt secure the carwash. Hank will eventually read the lab notes and move quickly on the connections revealed. Marie and Hank's relationship is poised to end, in my opinion. The storylines are getting there. For example, although Marie returning to her kleptomania days doesn't seem to connect, it allows the officer a chance to talk to Hank - very methodical, very neat. Things will happen, just not yet, which is a bit dissatisfying in my opinion. I know it's going to be worth the wait though. And the past 3 episodes have still been solid. There is progression of the plot in each episode, so it's fulfilling.

However, Walt Jr. is an unused character for the past three episodes. Saul hasn't done much, sure a little bit in this episode. Jesse has uttered about a dozen lines since the season began. The dialogue is a bit lacking in these past couple of episodes - not too impressed. Characters have a single line per episode (Walt Jr./Gus) which is great for effect, but the dialogue has always been a strong point of this show. Just my two cents. Obviously still enjoying the ride.

The preview for this episode made it look like a lot more was going to happen - just sayin'. It's the same for next week too, so I'm hoping that next week is the real bang...