Breaking Bad

Over

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 10, 2009 on AMC

• Excuse the Obvious Pun, But I Was Happy Once Over Was Over

3.5
    After having seen all five seasons of Breaking Bad, I can undoubtedly state that this is the worst episode of the show. I mean seriously, how can anyone genuinely like this? Besides the disappointing absence of newly introduced Saul Goodman, Walt ranging between worst father imaginable to most boring character imaginable, and Jesse and Jane having high school love problems, there isn't a lot left to talk about.

The opening sequence once again shows the ominous one-eyed teddy bear, this time getting fished out of the White's swimming pool. In the same scenery, some other mysterious signs suggest that a catastrophe has happened. Of course, we still don't get a solution to this, but it's definitely a nice build-up. After that, "Over" quickly loses thrill and only got me emotional when television's most uncomfortable to watch scene ever came on if you've seen the episode, you know what I'm talking about. I get their intention with this one, but I'm sure that they could've portrayed it in a less embarrassing and enraging way. Subsequently, relatively nothing happens and the show gets unbelievably boring. There are no signs of betterment until the final scene eventually one that isn't the most unnecessary. I won't spoil it for you, but it's definitely an important one for Walt (or rather Heisenberg) and Bryan Cranston absolutely kicks ass in it.

Thus, without exaggeration, the only good scenes in "Over" are the first and the last one, which is a really miserable result. As the next episode isn't very good or eventful either, I completely don't get why the writers separated these two. In fact, if I were to cut out the scenes that are unnecessary in my opinion, there wouldn't be ten minutes left of "Over".