Breaking Bad

Problem Dog

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 28, 2011 on AMC

• Slow??? Really??? Slow my ***!!!

I have a question for those who think this season of Breaking Bad is suffering for the so-colled slow-pace syndrome: Do you realize that EVERYTHING can just blow off at any minute?!

And by everything, I REALLY mean everything:

Walter (and Heisemberg too) is constantly being supervised by Gus and his ego isn't helping him, making him take some bad decisions (that happens to all of us, after all he is a human being, this is not True Blood), which means that if he does something a little bit more extreme, BOOM!

Jesse is having some serious identity issues, not knowing which step, which decision will be the right one for him to make, which means that if he makes a bad move, BOOM!

Skyler is beginning to know that the meth world is too big and too dangerous for her to handle and for her loved ones, which means that if she doesn't have what it takes to manage the situation, BOOM!

Gus (this episode was all about him being in danger too) has the Cartel, Walt, and now Hank after him, which means that if he is not careful enough, TRIPLE BOOM!

I mean, how many shows can put their characters in such situations at mid-season time, while managing to keep the story coherent and incredibly intense?!

A couple of things before I'm done:

-Every director working at the show should get an emmy, their work is just flawless.

-Aaron Paul's permormance in this episode was just fantastic, his speech at the near-end of the episode was absolutely incredible, television has so many great actors, and he is one of the best.

-How many show's can make a season's best episode (so far) where the main character only appears for ten minutes or so?

Breaking Bad is not a slow-paced show, you just have to "read between the lines", and pay attention to the situations in which the characters are, and then, you will find the most intense show on TV. Breaking Bad is the best show on television right now, a television masterpiece, and those who think it's slow, please, think again.

PS: I´m portuguese, so sorry for the eventual spelling or grammar mistakes. See you soon!