Breaking Bad

AMC (ended 2013)

aldaros23

Breaking Bad Fan Reviews (198)

• I rank every episode of Breaking Bad

10. Cancer Man (Season 1)

9. Grey Matter (Season 1)

8. Bit By A Dead Bee (Season 2)

7. A No-Rough-Stuff-Type Deal (Season 1)

6. Seven Thirty-Seven (Season 2)

5. Handful' Of Nothin' (Season 1)

4. Pilot (Season 1)

3. Grilled (Season 2)

2. Cat's In The Bag... (Season 1)

1. The Bag's In The River (Season 1)
  • Best TV show ever.

The actors are great. The plot is great. Hell, EVERYTHING IS GREAT.
  • Best TV show since the Wire.....

Amazing, gripping series with characters you care about and can identify with.

I was a late comer to the show and waited until all the episodes where on netflix to have marathon viewing sessions!

Got totally hooked from the pilot and loved every minute!

Thought the final season was brilliant but i wish they had not killed Mike off or did the stuff in the desert with the barrels! (Walt would never had fallen for the trick picture!) instead a better finale would have been Jack and the good ol boys freeing Jesse from Hank, finding the storage facility and taking the money to there compound.

Walt would storm in there and get captured but Hank and the DEA guys had been following him...

Great ending would have been a massive shoot out where everyone gets killed except Jesse who escapes with a chunk of the money...

Well i can dream.... Vince and the team your amazing, cant wait for better call Saul!!!
  • I Miss you, Walt

This is my favorite series of all time. I miss the cast very much but I am glad it ended when it did. Way to go out on top!
  • An okay show but overrated

5.5
    I sat through the entire series and I just didn't see what was so addicting about it. I mean that's just my bias because I'm more of a sitcom person. But the acting in this show is phenomenal and the finale was really good.
  • Best show you will EVER watch

This show was amazing. Each season was better than the last. It had a great finale, which answered all of the questions the viewer could ask.

I don't have any complaints about this show, except for the fact that it ended. This show had it all. Drama, action, comedy, thrillers, and so much more. We should thank Vince Gilligan, the creator of this show, for constructing such a masterpiece.
  • Breaking records!

Breaking Bad was an awesome show. IMO, whoever doesn't like it, he just can't appreciate the good series! It's one of the few series (if not the only) that has all serie-genres in humongous doses! You want action? You want family drama? You want comedy? You want thriller? You want mystery? This series has it all in abundance! Every season is better than the previous ones and that's also a rare thing for TV series.. Nevertheless, the casting was extraordinary great in their roles. To wrap it up, for sure one of the best series of all times! Hands down!
  • The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

AMC's Breaking Bad is a terrific show, that has won an unprecedented number of awards, but it's one that is extremely difficult to get into. The show is centered on High School chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who discovers he's dying from cancer. Determined not to leave his family with nothing, White teams up with his former student and local drug dealer, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in an attempt to process and sell crystal meth. Producing the drug isn't the hard part, it's distributing it while staying out of trouble. That's easier said than done, especially when your wife is on your case 24/7, and your brother in-law is a DEA agent.

This show is terrific and worth every second I've spent watching it, but I almost missed out. The pilot episode was not a strong one, in fact, many fans of the show have called it the worst episode of the entire series. If you can make it passed that, the first season isn't much better. The first season is extremely dark and depressing, focusing mainly on Walt's illness and the effect it has on his family. It really wasn't easy to watch, especially if you've like me, and have had family go through the same thing.

The good news is that after the depressing 7 episode first season, the show gets much much better. The network or the producers had to have to seen the same thing that everyone saw and the attention of future episodes is centered around Walt and Jesse's growing business and the problems they have, including nosy family members, the DEA, seedy people looking for a taste, and of course rival dealers and gangs. The show really picks up in the second season and starts to evolve into the award winning crime drama it has become.

Bryan Cranston plays Walt and how good is he? He has won 3 Emmy's, and has been nominated every season the show has been on. The man he plays is so complicated that you really needed the very best actor you could find to play him. Walt White is a mess of emotions, concealed within a strong persona, it's this concealment that also helps to keep his conscience at bay, most of the time.

Jesse Pinkman is played by Aaron Paul who is also very good. Paul himself has been nominated for four Emmy's, winning twice, and will now and forever be required to call people bitch. Paul is a very good actor and does a great job playing a character who I find to be extremely annoying. Jesse is always managing to fuck thing up, he's always putting them at risk by saying stupid things and doing stupid things. To be honest with you, I don't care much for the character, but the fact that the character, as opposed to the actor, annoys me, shows how strong his performances is.

Walt's family is also a main stay in the show, his wife Skyler (Anna Gunn), is as strong a housewife as I have ever seen. There is nothing Skyler White won't say and she is often Walt's morale compass, albeit one that is remarkably nosy and unappreciative. His son is played by newcomer . Mitte whose handicapped angle is actually real. Mitte was born with cerebral palsy, which effects his speech and movements. He admits that he over-dramatizes the effects for the show, but he is still handicapped in real life and one hell of an inspirational person. Through it all he has never let anyone tell him he can't do anything and he has been open and upfront about his condition to anyone who has asked him about it. He's really an inspiration kid, who took a handicapped and used it to his advantage.

Finally, Walt's brother-in-law, DEA Agent, Hank Schrader (Dean Norris), brings much needed comic relief to a show that can be hard to watch sometimes. Besides being a great cop, Schrader has a personality that is larger than life. Even in the context of a show, where the cops are the bad guys, you find yourself drawn to Schrader and rooting him on.

Breaking Bad has won a total of 7 Emmy Awards and is one of the highest rated shows in cable history. The show most defiantly fits into the category of addictive television, but unlike it's neighboring show, The Walking Dead. The acting is as believable as it gets and the story just gets better and better every season. If you can make it through the slow and depressing first season, you will find an unbelievable show that may very well be one of the best that cable has ever seen.
  • Uno dei capolavori assoluti del mondo dei telefilm.

Breaking Bad,uno dei telefilm pi belli di tutti tempi si finalmente (purtroppo) concluso,con un finale capolavoro epico!
  • Just another drug show.

4.5
    I'm so sick of drugs-based shows.
  • Famed beyond reality - another example of critics blowing too much hot air

Best show in TV ever? Master Piece? Yeah, right! Its good, but its NOT THAT GOOD!

Read so much about this show, got the whole 5 season to to find the critics were so off!

First of all, the script was boring, dull and predictable. Terminally ill chemistry teacher X mid life crisis? A recipe for yawn!

As for acting, to be fair, Bryan Cranston is good, better than Liev Schreiber in Ray Donovan, but definitely could not beat James Spader in Black List and Kevin Spacey as FU for the Golden Globe 2013!

When I binge on the Black List and House of Cards I wished everyday had 48 hours and wish it would never end. With Breaking Bad, after the first season I basically dozed through the second season and then just turning it on while working just for the heck of it.

• "I liked was good at it and I was

I'm not quite sure how to give an in-depth explanation of my complete adoration for this show without saying this: Breaking Bad is hands down the most well-rounded and brilliantly executed TV series ever to exist. This show takes you on an emotional ride visiting the comedic, thrilling, beautiful, dark, violent, and sorrowing aspects of all characters. There is a reason that nobody will shut up about this show.. and I believe the Breaking Bad legacy will continue on for years to come marked as one of the greatest shows of TV History.
  • A show that holds a world record for highest rating.

Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows of all time
  • Anyone who doesn't like this show is crazy!

The show has it all. Excellent writing, flawless acting, and an exciting plot.
  • Must Watch TV

This is the best written, best acted tv drama I have ever watched. This includes The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men. From beginning to end, the show never lost its edge.

Regarding some other reviews...

Breaking Bad was not cancelled. It ended on its own terms.

Dexter is not even in the same category as Breaking Bad. Dexter lost it's mojo after The Trinity Killer. And the season finale of Dexter sucked.

Overrated? Do us all a favor and throw your tv remote control in the trash. You're the reason good shows that require a brain to watch are always on the verge of cancellation while shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians remain on the air.

• An unlikely Hero

Breaking Bad was the kind of show that went from strength to strength every season. From Walter being a mild mannered high school teacher who's intentions seemed honorable to a feared well known drug maker who uses the alias Heisenberg. This is a show that along with great progressive writing, violence, drug making and the ultimate good to bad story makes is one HARDASS TV show.
  • Most love it, few hate it and I think...

the scripts are well written, the applied movie techniques are extraordinary, the same goes for the superb acting.

I've now completed the show, watched every episode, so it must have gotten to me. But it was more for the fact that I've read and heard so much about how amazing it is, "best TV-show ever", so I wanted to form my own opinion.

There were definitely exciting episodes, shocking moments, funny scenes and unexpected turns. Adding to that goes my first sentence. Real good arguments for A1 (ha!) entertainment.

On the downside are, strictly speaking from my point of view, the unappealing characters (there was none that I could have voted for most of the times which makes it very difficult for me to enjoy a show completely). Sure, Jesse was easy to be liked, most of the time, Saul's "business skills" were quite hilarious, and also Mike had an interesting code of honour. But the rest was often annoying, their actions sometimes quite unnerving and unemotional vs too emotional, which was maybe intended.

So, concluding my review, the idea behind the story is cleverly executed and original, but I cannot wholeheartedly call this "the best TV-show ever".
  • most overrated show ever

yucks i hate this show , is boring as the hell , i want every minute of my life back .
  • Overhyped

0.0
    I liked the first season, but like many shows, it was all downhill from there.

The final season was okay, but it was not nearly as amazing as all the hype and raves would lead one to believe.

The worst part about it is that the "Breaking Bad" finale got so much attention and coverage while the "Dexter" finale passed by almost unnoticed at the same time.

• Overrated!

This is, for some reason the most overrated show on television.

It's just so painfully boring, the characters as well as the plot.

It appears as if the writers had this idea which could have been really great, but

then had no idea how to build an interesting story out of it.

The "plot twist" at the beginning of some episodes are just irrelevant story elements

which have no real meaning to the whole story.

I really do not understand, why this tv series is so hyped...
  • Will go down as one of the best

With the further popularization of the anti-hero, few tv shows or films do it quite as well Breaking Bad. From start to finish, we are gifted with superb acting, writing, directing, editing, and plot twists galore.

We watch as the average joe Walter White turns into one of the most dispicable main characters to ever grace our television screens, and yet we find ourselves rooting for him every step of the way - or at least most of the time; season 4 gets to a point where hating Walter becomes a welcoming thought. Every aspect of this show is flawless, even if you think it is slow - plot needs development, and that means some episodes will have mostly, if not all, dialouge and less action/physical thrill. And that is what makes this show so amazing - it is not as much about the 45 minutes, as it is about walking this life with Walter White and everyone involved, through the deception, the twists, the decisions, and the thrill of it all. That is great tv, and Breaking Bad defines just that.
  • For those who think this show is too slow in the early seasons....

YOU ARE AN IDIOT or teenage noob!!! This show is for people that appreciate quality cinema instead of brainless drivel. Jus sayin.
  • And another very good show got a cancellation it did`nt deserve

I dont know what is wrong with the people who run the shows. This show had a 99 out of 100 on that Metric website and suprise suprise, a cancellation came up anyways. How come all the decent shows get cut before a finale like My Name is Earl and Sym-Biotic Titan? This show shows us how society clearly is loosing quality with its cancellation and I bet something stupier will take this shows spot and run longer.
  • brilliant - from start to finish

an absolutely must watch series.

brilliant acting and brilliant story

warning -- it may ruin your expectations for all other shows --- it's that good.
  • Breaking Bad Is Awesome

Man, This Is A Masterpiece

The Characters Are Awesome And Did it Good 10/10

The Acting Is Incredible I Give It A 10/10

The Plots Are The Best, This Is Soo Awesome 10/10

Final Rating: 10/10

"Best Crime Drama Ever Made"

- DeathMetalWeavile201
  • Best TV show of all time, period!

Breaking Bad is the best show I have ever seen!
  • Great Show - Great Fan - Great Art - Great Price

Breaking Bad - Original Acrylic Painting - 60" x 24" - FOR SALE on eBay.
  • Amazing

Without a doubt one of the greatest tv shows of all time
  • Best ever

Everyone give your thumbs!
  • Overrated

For those giving this 10 out of 10, did you actually watch the first 3 seasons? and compare it to other shows like Prison break. There were way too much boring and slow episodes in a series which apparently is 'the best tv show ever ' lol . This is why I think it's overrated. The episode 'fly' in season 3 was one of the most boring tv episode I've seen on tv. The first 3 seasons were as slow as hell. Only season 4 and 5 deserve such high rating