Breaking Bad

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2010 on AMC

• It has been a while since I reviewed an episode, but since the direction and writing of this episode was of such a high caliber I decided to indulge myself.

Exquisite composure. If this website allowed me to review an episode with two words I would have left it at that. Yet it does deserve a little more than two words. Honestly the beauty of this episode was that it just had the perfect level of inclination in terms of its storyline. A wonderful picture was painted for us in terms of how the rest of the season will pan out, but then again with this show you don't know when a twist will emerge. This episode had a heavy dose of solid production, all the way from its deft script to the wonderful aesthetics we got from a number of shots. Its quite easy to get lost in this episode with all the things that are going on at once, and it was about time. Not to be a cynic but I wasn't too pleased with the season up to this point, the pace of the show was somewhat offbeat, but with the previous episode and this one, the show went from the first gear to the last. This one had the power of a finale yet the show is just halfway through the season, can't wait to finish the rest.