Breaking In Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Bret Harrison on "V" and "Breaking In"

atc4gvn

[1]Jan 6, 2011
    • level: 20

I watched the season 2 premiere of V this week and saw Reaper's Bret Harrison! It was great to see the handsome actor getting some screen time, especially as a SMART young researcher and newest member of the Fifth Column, but what does this mean for his upcoming starring role in Breaking In, which doesn't premiere until April? By then V will be over. It's ordered one of the SHORTEST seasons ever for ABC! I love seeing the guy back on the small screen, and as a fan of the original lizard series, I watch the show V mostly for nostalgia. Now I have another reason to watch it, and I'd hate for the underdog Resistance (aka: the good guys to lose their newest member! Especially since this new show on FOX has YET to see any advertisement or support. I'm already worried about Harrison. Do you think it's conceivable that he plays out BOTH roles on BOTH shows and lets his work fall with whichever (if either!) are picked up at the end of their respective runs? What do you think of him as an actor in general? Fan of Reaper? Thoughts on Harrison here:

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirique

[2]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 14

I think Bret Harrison is a very talented actor. Since Reaper, which washis first tv show as the principal hero, if I'm not mistaken,things are goingkind ofwell for him. I hopesomeday he'll have the chance to act as the starin good budget hollywood movie. He did play in a movie with Burt Reynolds, called Deal, but it was a low budget movie.

I was a fan of Reaper andI was very disappointed to hear the show had been cancelled. The cast was very talented and they worked very well all together as a team.

holgatej77

[3]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 6
    Sirique wrote:

Since Reaper, which washis first tv show as the principal hero, if I'm not mistaken

FYI his first lead role was in The Loop, which was HILARIOUS. Reaper was good, but limited potential.

If you haven't seen all of this season of V, I won't ruin it for you, but I was always under the impression that it was a short-lived guest spot and not a permanent/recurring character.

I'm all for watching pretty much any new show that hometown (Tualatin/Portland, OR) home boy Bret Harrison is in, but this looks like another show that Fox will cancel quickly/soon. I would be surprised if it lasts the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled by the time Idol is over. Which really sucks. But what sucks even more is these projects aren't all that great. I liked the premise of Reaper and I'm glad they ended it with a little bit of closure, but Breaking In seems... sophomoric? I dunno. I liked his role on V a lot better. I still think The Loop was the best project he's been in so far...

holgatej77

[4]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 6

Oh, and today (4/6) is Bret's birthday, so happy birthday Bret! Hope you had a cool pilot viewing party...

kanniballl

[5]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 18

holgatej77 wrote:

... If you haven't seen all of this season of V, I won't ruin it for you, but I was always under the impression that it was a short-lived guest spot and not a permanent/recurring character.

It's hard to tell. He was definitely more of a recurring character on V than a series regular.

After his introduction they didn't really use him much (of even show him). However he started getting more scenes towards the end of the season since the good guys needed him to plan their attacks.

However after the events of the V season finale, the storyline could probably survive his leaving the show easily since the "good guys" have more resources at their disposal and no longer need "the smart guy" as much.

hockey9927

[6]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 22

I like him in both his role on V and Breaking in. But lets get real here V barely survived it's first season and with the numbers it got this season is probably going to get canceled barring a miracle. Breaking In has more potential to get a second season but considering it aired in April i would be cautiously optimistic. Plus i agree that in V he was a reoccurring character at best he had a few eps. If somehow both shows get renewed he would probably stick with Breaking in where he has the lead.

Sirique

[7]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 14

holgatej77 wrote:
    Sirique wrote:

Since Reaper, which washis first tv show as the principal hero, if I'm not mistaken

FYI his first lead role was in The Loop, which was HILARIOUS. Reaper was good, but limited potential. If you haven't seen all of this season of V, I won't ruin it for you, but I was always under the impression that it was a short-lived guest spot and not a permanent/recurring character. I'm all for watching pretty much any new show that hometown (Tualatin/Portland, OR) home boy Bret Harrison is in, but this looks like another show that Fox will cancel quickly/soon. I would be surprised if it lasts the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled by the time Idol is over. Which really sucks. But what sucks even more is these projects aren't all that great. I liked the premise of Reaper and I'm glad they ended it with a little bit of closure, but Breaking In seems... sophomoric? I dunno. I liked his role on V a lot better. I still think The Loop was the best project he's been in so far...

Oh okay, I didn't know about that show "The Loop", thanks. But yeah, I also have the feeling this show won't last too long, we'll see.

I've never watched V so I can't say.

I have to agree Reaper was awesome, but as you said, it had limited potential, it couldn't have last too long, but still, I'd have like to see more, at least 1 or 2 more season.

Edited on 04/11/2011 1:37am