Breaking In

'Tis Better to Have Loved and Flossed

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Apr 13, 2011 on FOX

7.3
    The second episode of "Breaking In" was surprisingly better than the pilot. This show does have a lot of potential with a story line as original as this one, but it just depends on how they work with it.

We got a great cast but every one is either underused or not used properly. We've got Trevor Moore who has the potential to bring non-stop laughter week after week as he did on WKUK, but he doesn't in this show.

Odette Yustman (Anabelle?) is also misused. Alyssa Milano's appearance was good and I loved the way they used the flashbacks in this episode. The shots are very fast-paced, which is what makes this show entertaining. In the comedy department, this show could do a lot better. Good episode overall.

The pilot for this show was a mixed bag from me. It was pretty bad from a comedy standpoint, but I thought there may have been potential there. All that potential was squandered by the second episode.

The material is just downright terrible. Christian Slater and Odette Annable just come off as bigger than this show and it is painful to see them have to read these weak lines. Trevor Moore is another person they are lucky to have on this show yet they barely had him say anything tonight.

The main problem is that Bret Harrison is just terrible as a lead. We saw it with The Loop, Reaper and we see it here with Breaking In. Hollywood needs to just give up on this guy.

This show is not all bad, but they need to slow down. Way too fast for a show that has not developed a relationship with the audience yet.