Breakout Kings Forums

A&E (ended 2012)

Are you watching because of T-Bag?

palle007

[1]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 5

I think it is the primary reason why I watch it :-)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JoaoMillan

[2]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 6
    I'm gonna be honest, i'm watching this becouse of T-Bag, but i will probably keep watching after his episode. This is not great, but is easy to see.

haldrey

[3]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    I watched it first because of T-Bag, which by the way was cuffed to his removable hand (minor boo boo), but after watching the pilot in the Internet I am going to keep watching. I liked both episodes a lot.

roams

[4]Mar 21, 2011

I've watched the other 2 episodes before and I had no clue T-Bag was gonna be in the 3rd... but I was a huge Prison Break fan (season 1 and 3 anyways)

...but T-Bag is the freakin reason I'm showing up on this forum!!!

It's so awesome to get to see the guy again! I can't believe they even called him "bagwell" and did the pocket thing!!! Heck even the "dramatic music" sounded like the one from Prison Break!

I didn't realize previously that this is from the same people as Prison Break so it's not just a nod... It's actually IS Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell!!!

Edited on 03/21/2011 7:21pm
    Edited 3 total times.

KenBacklund

[5]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 4

I watched the previous episodes. I knew Robert Knepper would appear in this series, but it was a total surprise he played the exact same character T-Bag from Prison Break! It was fun though.. when he did his pocket thing I was like "wait, what?" .. and more and more details showing he was the original T-Bag and not just a nod.

Great episode, except for that man who died at the construction yard... the way he died, nobody was shocked.. just the "noooo" like you lost a horse race... uhm yeah.

Since T-Bag made an appearance, they "connected" the Breakout Kings / Prison Break universe.. which makes me wonder what other characters from Prison Break that might show up down the line.

Edited on 03/21/2011 7:47pm

Jones15

[6]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 30
    I started watching the show from the start. I didn't even know T-Bag was going to be in it till I watched the 3rd episode and saw at first I didn't think it was the T-Bag character. Didn't think they could of done a crossover like that.

Cyberfairy

[7]Mar 22, 2011

Not gonna lie either, it was what got me interested in the show. I'm gonna keep watching it though because I like the characters. I loved that he was basically the same deal as in Prison Break. But holy crap, how many people has he killed now? In both shows? Shouldn't they put him on the chair soon?

Also, anyone know if they will do more references to Prison Break? Would love to see Burrows or Sucre or even C-note as one of the good guys.

Prongsters

[8]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 3

roams wrote:

It's so awesome to get to see the guy again! I can't believe they even called him "bagwell" and did the pocket thing!!! Heck even the "dramatic music" sounded like the one from Prison Break!

I didn't realize previously that this is from the same people as Prison Break so it's not just a nod... It's actually IS Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell!!!

Seriously? The fact that the show started with a top view of FOX RIVER and the same music, that they said that he was part of the Fox River 8, that he was handcuffed to an inmate before his hand was chopped off didn't clue you in?

On a side note, it was a brilliant episode, at least on the part of T-BAG(yes, the whole thing). Those last minutes gave a much deserved good-bye to prison break's most loved baddie. When he was screaming for his mother after all the things he did to get to see her only to be stopped at the door made me feel bad for him despite his killing spree.

roams

[9]Mar 22, 2011

Prongsters wrote:

roams wrote:

Seriously? The fact that the show started with a top view of FOX RIVER and the same music, that they said that he was part of the Fox River 8, that he was handcuffed to an inmate before his hand was chopped off didn't clue you in?

On a side note, it was a brilliant episode, at least on the part of T-BAG(yes, the whole thing). Those last minutes gave a much deserved good-bye to prison break's most loved baddie. When he was screaming for his mother after all the things he did to get to see her only to be stopped at the door made me feel bad for him despite his killing spree.

Didn't see that fox river part and... did I not just mention "the same music"?
    What I did not know was that they were the same producers so when I saw T-Bag I was like "There's no way they're allowed to ripoff the character like that re-using the same actor".
    Then I wiki'd it.

Edited on 03/22/2011 8:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Dewbak75

[10]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 18

I was intrigued by the show anyway, but when they announced that T-Bag would be making an appearance, I knew I'd have to tune in. And Robert Knepper turned in a fantastic performance, he clearly hasn't forgotten a thing about playing that character.

JohnnyDrama8

[11]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 10

Funny you mentioned it but this is the reason I started watching the show. I liked the first female charcter Philly better though.

Also Shea made an ignorant comment about how their has not been a good white boxer since polio was cured. Wladimir Klitschko has 55 Wins 49 by KO and 3 losses. Wladimir is the IBF, IBO, WBO and Ring Magazine Champion. Also Micky Ward with38 Wins 27 by KO and 13 losses.Shea needs to put down the crack pipe and recognize that their are some great white boxers the former having almost all the heavyweight belts.

Edited on 03/28/2011 4:46pm

Rachwhut

[12]Apr 4, 2011
    Disappointed that they caught T-Bag as he clearly owns every 2-dimensional character on the show, with the exception of perhaps Lloyd. They're linking the universes but... okay. So Mahone and the Company couldn't catch T-Bag, but a bunch of amateur-hour cons could? I'm enjoying this show somewhat but it doesn't even compare with prison break