Breakout Kings Forums

A&E (ended 2012)

This show is getting quite predictable

Rachwhut

[1]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 6

I'd like for a convict to, you know, get away. Or a main character to die or - I don't know. Something that deviates away from the norm, because right now it's all about the prison break, followed by the far-fetched tracking down of said convict, and then finally him/her being sent back to prison. It's OLD and REPETATIVE.

There seems to be a lack of a 'backbone' to this plot. I mean in prison break, the 'backbone' was the escape from fox river. There were other stories, but the end game remained the same.

I have no idea what the 'backbone' of this show is. What are we waiting for?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scottd2242

[2]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 14

Of course its predictable, its a procedural. The formula almost never changes. Crime commited, cops called, witty banter ensues, criminal gets caught at the end.

Rachwhut

[3]Apr 25, 2011
    It's not like I'm suggesting to completely change the "formula", just some aspects every now and then. If it's always the same, why do people watch it?

haldrey

[4]May 2, 2011
    • level: 22
    Change of formula? Please let it age a little before wanting change. Although some of the first episodes were kind of lame, I still like the current formula. In fact the last episode (May 1) was quite good.

roams

[5]May 2, 2011

haldrey wrote:
    In fact the last episode (May 1) was quite good.

I agree. For once they had a crafty criminal... and the BKs got a chance to show their cleaver side too.

saphire382

[6]May 6, 2011
    • level: 5

roams wrote:

haldrey wrote:
    In fact the last episode (May 1) was quite good.

I agree. For once they had a crafty criminal... and the BKs got a chance to show their cleaver side too.

they might have given us a crafty criminal (nice touch) but they still gave us a predictibloe ending

saphire382

[7]May 6, 2011
    • level: 5

it was cool that one of the inmates(the black guy: sorry cant remember his name ) broke a little rule by getting on with his girlfriend in the elevator.

it shows he is human and bound to fall of the wagon every now and then

roams

[8]May 8, 2011

saphire382 wrote:

it was cool that one of the inmates(the black guy: sorry cant remember his name ) broke a little rule by getting on with his girlfriend in the elevator.

it shows he is human and bound to fall of the wagon every now and then

Yeah it was about time they made him more interesting.
    Shey Daniels I think... something like that. He's still pretty blend.

The girl is totally boring.

Jemadari

[9]May 9, 2011
    • level: 12

Lloyld completely owns the show,shae i'm indifferent to and whats her face(erica?) I actually like(and not just because she looks disturbingly good in a fitted cap)many of her off handed comments keep the show from becoming a John Wayne movie(you know where everyone and their mothers feel the need to puff their chest out and constantly remind people they're men)

Yaspaa

[10]May 20, 2011
    • level: 79
    Procedurals are always like this first season, then an underlying storyline will undertow the normality making for a better watch.

JamieGreen3

[11]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 1

Not trying to be funny or anything but isn't that that main format for any story..??

A begining - A middle and a ending lol

Its the detail in Breakin In that make it soo Watchable I think, And as for killing off a main charater that I've grown to like (Each in thier own way) would be a major downfall as the replacement of the Female main right at the begining of the seasons was only just do-able as happed like eps 1+2

A Great show and a must see if your one for details

10 STARS all the way

JamieGreen3

[12]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 1
    Breakout Kings rather^^ lmao

ltcomstella

[13]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 18

Smallville was filled with freak of the week for a few seasons that lasted 10 or so years

dexter had death of random bad guy a week

shows have to establish something simple and straight forward to get initial interest once an audience is found then they can throw out more plots

rome wasn't built in a day...

roams

[14]Jun 23, 2011

The finale finale changes things around a bit.

Now at least one of the criminals they put back behind bars knows that they are themselves convicts. This means they may be threatened while in prison... while out on the job... their close ones might be in danger...

So we might get to see all sorts of stories branching out into the "breakout kings" trying to secure their cover and what not...

Rachwhut

[15]Nov 21, 2011

ltcomstella wrote:

Smallville was filled with freak of the week for a few seasons that lasted 10 or so years

dexter had death of random bad guy a week

shows have to establish something simple and straight forward to get initial interest once an audience is found then they can throw out more plots

rome wasn't built in a day...

I wouldn't know, smallville isn't something I've ever watched.

Dexter established the character and introduced new ones. He hunts, but there's always something else going on. Sometimes the victim is let live, sometimes they put up a fight. Things change. IE Rudy in season one, slowly integrating himself into Dexter's life over a number of episodes. Or the fact that there's always one main antagonist for each season.

Breakout Kings literally never deviates from the norm. I understand that it's a procedural and that the general formula doesn't really change, but I think it's time for something out of the ordinary to happen. Something surprising. A cliff hanger. SOMETHING. The only reason I watched it was Lloyd, and even he's getting boring.

Also the quote "Rome wasn't built in a day" is out of context and therefore not applicable to this situation.

Rachwhut

[16]Nov 21, 2011

Jemadari wrote:

Lloyld completely owns the show,shae i'm indifferent to and whats her face(erica?) I actually like(and not just because she looks disturbingly good in a fitted cap)many of her off handed comments keep the show from becoming a John Wayne movie(you know where everyone and their mothers feel the need to puff their chest out and constantly remind people they're men)

Lloyd is by far the most interesting character in my opinion. Erica is alright, but she sometimes seems a little stiff to me. One minute she acts like a complete psychopath, and the next she's all LOVINGMOTHER. What. I do like the banter, though.

ltcomstella

[17]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 18

the context for my rome quote is

things take time to develope are not instantly done and ready to go and need to mature over time....