Britain's Next Top Model

Monday 9:00 PM on Living Premiered Sep 14, 2005 In Season

pandacharmed

Britain's Next Top Model Fan Reviews (7)

7.2
  • lowest common denominator

This isn't my usual sort site. I don't like commercial TV, but having caught 10 mins of a previous episode of BNTM on a barrel-bottom scrape of a channel hop, tuned in to watch the final BNTM to see whether the faceless denizens of TV land could choose the right face for Britain. Or at least for this show.

Was horribly fascinated watching the graceless and bandy-legged Alisha stumping down the final catwalk without fear of stress fractures. Endured the obnoxious male judge screaming his 'praise'. Waited for public acknowledgement of the extreme beauty of almost the most extraordinary looking person I have ever seen, the incandescent Joy.

Unfortunately the masses chose the most regular, featureless features on offer. But it wasTiffany'scool personality that clinched it. Nobody as vulnerable and eccentric as Joy could possibly be permitted to transcend. I noticed the screamer didn't like her much- his praises of joy were toned down to a common lookatme blare. Incredible how reliably the ESF/TJ LCD shun the amazing and choose the ordinary.

World, 1,000,000,000,000/truth, beauty nil