Britannia High

Sunday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Oct 26, 2008 Between Seasons

Britannia High Fan Reviews (3)

• My shameful secret...I LOVE this show!

I'm a 37 year old man. Why oh why do I let myself get sucked in by this sort of show? Shouldn't I have moved on by now?
    The fact is, I got into Britannia High because Gary was always my favourite in Take That, and when I heard he was 'musical director' of a new TV show I thought I had at least check it out.
    Well now I'm addicted!
    Britannia High is Fame meets Grange Hill, although it's a bit more High School Musical and a little less 90210. Okay, so it's a little derivative. But it's jam packed with fabulous, talented tweens all from different walks of life, all with the same simple dream; to be a star. Admit it, you love it!
    The music is fantastic, and it's not all Gary. Take That team-mate Mark Owen has a track or two to offer, as do legendary pop heavyweights such as Stephen Lipson and Nigel Kennedy. Each episode focuses on a different character and the music and storyline is shaped specifically to that person, which is a device that works wonderfully for a show like this.
    There's a love triangle, a school scandal, gays and gangs - something for everyone! And it's all set to a catchy beat. What more could you ask for?
    If you haven't already, set your uTorrent to download, cos this is an unmissable guilty pleasure.