A Brooklyn Nine-Nine Community
Tuesday 9:30 PM on FOX

B-9-9 has been steadily developing since its premiere, with no real misteps and this was a milestone episode - a holiday special

This episode included a lot of plots that have been included in other a lot of other sitcoms - fancy dress, a bet, lessons about a holiday etc - but the cast has really gelled and manage to pull off a holiday themed special quite easily.

THE BET-

Peralta and the Captain engage in a bet, where he has to steal the Captains medal before the end of the shift. The main thing about this scenario wasn't the outcome, it was the scheme. While it was supposed to be about Jake and Holt, the end result included participation from most of the team - which is actually why Brooklyn 9-9 seems to be working.

Right now it has one of the best ensemble cast's in sitcom's- for me the best is Parks and Rec - each character is well defined and work well together.

While I wont go into detail with the master plan, I will saw it reminded me of Oceans 11 - and I really wonder why Holt keeps a sandwich in his safe.

FANCY DRESS AND A HOLIDAY LESSON-

While there have been funnier fancy dress episodes - the Christmas episode of Friends for example - its always nice to see adults in silly costumes

Boyles costume was a typical disaster -

We also had..

But its a tie for my favorite between Hilary Clinton and Kim Jong Un -

or the Royal babies -

The holiday lesson was about friendships being forged around holiday season.....or forged from surviving bullying...its kinda fuzzy

MVP of the episode was Andre Braugher (he is really killing it with his deadpan delivery), but he was very closely followed this week by Terry Crews and Stephanie Beatriz.

LINES OF THE NIGHT-
"I'm considering it. I'm interested. I agree to participate." - Holt

"The grey pigeons were a red herring." - Peralta

"He arrested that bunny, but I don't know why." -Holt

All the name-of-your sex-tape names
Comments (18)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oct 26, 2013
This show just keeps getting better with each episode. The cast has really clicked and I love Halloween episodes as a general rule.
Flag
Oct 24, 2013
I love your site in part because your contributors actually know how to write. Who wrote this review? Or edited it? A basic understanding of possessives and plurals doesn't seem like too much to ask. It's distracting and takes away from the overall enjoyment of your site.
Flag
Oct 24, 2013
It says who wrote it up near the top. While the ability to read isn't mandatory to enjoy this site, it is recommended.

Hey, check it out! I can be an asshole on the internet too!
Flag
Oct 24, 2013
Oh, you're right "Grumpytown" totally narrowed down the identity of the writer. I'm not an asshole and don't make posts like this often. But this review is trash and differs greatly from the quality of the reviews and articles I read everyday on this site. TPTB may not read everything, but maybe they check the comments. Either way, it's a poor effort and someone should take notice.
Flag
Oct 25, 2013
"Grumpytown" he says. I was seriously kidding about the not being able to read thing. Now I'm unsure.

I was not, however, kidding about you being an asshole. I can't speak for the rest of the users on this site, but I am here to talk and read about television shows I like, not nitpick grammar like a gigantic douche-nozzle.

I now realize that this is two comments of mine on this article and I haven't actually said anything about the show. This has quickly become one of my new favorite shows, and the teamwork displayed in getting one over on the captain pleased me greatly. Enjoyed reading this review greatly, and look forward to more.
Flag
Oct 25, 2013
I know its supposed to be Andy Sandberg's vehicle, but the whole crew seem to have clicked so well I think of it more as an ensemble sitcom
Flag
Oct 24, 2013
1) Grumpyclown not Grumpytown - if you are going to criticize at least get my name right
2) I look forward to you gracing us with a review of your own - or is that too much to ask of you?
3) This trash article was written about the episode, while your comment had absolutely no mention of it
4) I did this article so that fans of the show would have something to discuss - and I did not get paid for it, have not asked to be paid for it and will not ask for any personal gain.
6) If 1 article is "distracting and takes away from the overall enjoyment of your site." just don't read any more of my articles.

I use this site because I enjoy discussing television shows and if a show I like is not being covered by TPTB (The Powers That Be if anyone is interested), I will write a discussion article, and I encourage other users to do the same

Flag
Feb 02, 2014
Big Burn to 8lizzy8. Fist Bump Grumpyclown, let's be grumpy at everyone!
Flag
Oct 25, 2013
The fact that I don't get around to writing about the show is pretty much the point, eh? If your reader can't get to the content, that's a problem. Informal writing is one thing, but you have no grasp of basic grammar. That's a problem if you're going to contribute to a site that for nearly everything else presents itself as above average in both content and opinion.

I get it, you want to contribute. That's great. But look at the number of comments you've received and compare it to other reviews. I stopped reading, and I'm guessing a lot of others did too. Too bad. I'm loving this show and usually enjoy reviews. Branding me the asshole doesn't actually accomplish anything.
Flag
Oct 24, 2013
I like it enough to keep watching as there are many moments where a smile or laugh.

I thought Peralta had already changed the medal of valor for a similar one before the bet, thus making all kind of jokes possible. But the real outcome was a pleasant surprise.
Flag
Oct 24, 2013
I have been loving this show!

I was loving all the names of your sextape names!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members