A Brooklyn Nine-Nine Community
Sunday 8:30 PM on FOX

B-9-9 has been steadily developing since its premiere, with no real misteps and this was a milestone episode - a holiday special

This episode included a lot of plots that have been included in other a lot of other sitcoms - fancy dress, a bet, lessons about a holiday etc - but the cast has really gelled and manage to pull off a holiday themed special quite easily.

THE BET-

Peralta and the Captain engage in a bet, where he has to steal the Captains medal before the end of the shift. The main thing about this scenario wasn't the outcome, it was the scheme. While it was supposed to be about Jake and Holt, the end result included participation from most of the team - which is actually why Brooklyn 9-9 seems to be working.

Right now it has one of the best ensemble cast's in sitcom's- for me the best is Parks and Rec - each character is well defined and work well together.

While I wont go into detail with the master plan, I will saw it reminded me of Oceans 11 - and I really wonder why Holt keeps a sandwich in his safe.

FANCY DRESS AND A HOLIDAY LESSON-

While there have been funnier fancy dress episodes - the Christmas episode of Friends for example - its always nice to see adults in silly costumes

Boyles costume was a typical disaster -

We also had..

But its a tie for my favorite between Hilary Clinton and Kim Jong Un -

or the Royal babies -

The holiday lesson was about friendships being forged around holiday season.....or forged from surviving bullying...its kinda fuzzy

MVP of the episode was Andre Braugher (he is really killing it with his deadpan delivery), but he was very closely followed this week by Terry Crews and Stephanie Beatriz.

LINES OF THE NIGHT-
"I'm considering it. I'm interested. I agree to participate." - Holt

"The grey pigeons were a red herring." - Peralta

"He arrested that bunny, but I don't know why." -Holt

All the name-of-your sex-tape names
Follow this Show
Members
  • 7:00 pm
    60 Minutes
    NEW
    CBS
  • 8:00 pm
    Big Brother
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Celebrity Family Feud Dr. Phil McGraw vs. Garry & Penny Marshall and Kevin McHale vs. Fred Willard
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    BattleBots Full Metal Bracket: Round of 16 Part 1
    NEW
    ABC