A Brooklyn Nine-Nine Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX

"You have the right to remain... on the schedule!" That's how I would have announced the following good news to the cast and crew of Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine, because I'm funny corny like a drunk uncle. Fox has ordered a full season of of the silly cop comedy, adding the back-nine to bring the first season to 22 episodes, and ensuring that we'll get to see Andy Samberg's smug face all the way through spring. 

Fox has also awarded Brooklyn Nine-Nine one of the most coveted time slots in television: The show will join forces with New Girl to form a one-hour comedy block that will air immediately following the Super Bowl, which Fox will air in early 2014. It's not clear which show will air first, but in this atypical situation (usually, a one-hour program or a special one-hour episode of a comedy gets the spot), I'd bet that the network will give the show that needs more of a boost (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) dibs on the first half-hour. Plus, Brooklyn Nine-Nine already precedes New Girl on Tuesdays, so consistent chronology favors it as well. Plus plus, guys and stuff. 

Brooklyn Nine-Nine has received generally positive reviews, but its ratings haven't been that great. The most recent episode tallied a 1.5 rating among adults and just under 3.5 million total viewers. Still, Fox is starved for comedy, so this pickup isn't a surprise.

The cop comedy joins Sleepy Hollow as Fox's second new series to receive good news so far this season. Previously, the network skipped a back-nine order for Sleepy Hollow and straight-up renewed the show for Season 2 (it also asked for more Dads scripts, but that's not as much of a commitment). Other shows that've earned full-season orders so far this fall include NBC's The Blacklist, CBS's The MillersMom, and The Crazy Ones, and ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/25/2017

Season 4 : Episode 15

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/2/2017

Season 4 : Episode 16

64 Comments
Comments (64)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
AHH! soo happy this show has been renewed. One of my favourite comedies out there right now. Can't wait to see this show develop to 10 seasons, that would be epic! :D
Flag
I am SO glad to hear this was worried about this show's fate, but the chemistry of the cast is SO awesome and they all have their own crazy awesome personalities. :)
Flag
Brooklyn has very nice potential.. I know Samberg wants to be the MAN ,he already has a built in audience(SNL/Lonely Island fans) BUT the rest of the cast is awesome..They will MAKE the show!!
Flag
Rememebr what Parks and Rec was like in its first couple episodes. Brooklyn could potentially become something just as good given time.
Flag
Excellent! Dads will not end up like this show at all. New Girl and The Mindy Project need a full season orders. But New Girl needs to add one more member and The Mindy Project needs hurry up and clean up and fix all these problems and transformed into solutions before it gets too late!
Flag
I'm sure Mindy and New Girl got full season orders when they renewed last season.
Flag
It's just started, lets give it a chance.
Flag
It's funny, simple, hope having 22 eps doesn't kill it, but yeah more Andre Braugher is only good. Theres a place for stuff like this a little sitcommy but no laughter track and some funny lines. Andy Samburg annoyed me any time I saw him but I don't mind him in this Terry Crew needs to be handled better tho.
Flag
First an extension and now a full order and a primo special slot. Next up, getting the show better writers and directors and stars so it's not just the limp noodle of success.
Flag
In my opinion and just in my opinion our tatse for good comedy has gone down the drain.
Flag
okay. on to season two now. Just trying to see if you can wsh or think it ,it will happen.
Flag
Good. I enjoy that show a lot. Plus it's good to see Andre Braugher back in action after they axed Last Resort. Brilliant actor.
Flag
Good. I like it.
Flag
Sometimes very Funny and sometimes very corny, but it is a lot better than other shows that pass for comedies these days so I'll keep watching when its on.
Flag
Good, this show hasn't blown me away but it's consistently good, never great (yet) but always good. Alot of shows struggle in their first season to find their groove and find where everyone and everything fits so it has great potential. I think Parks and Rec is the best comedy on tv (currently airing new episodes) and it's first season was little more than a shadow of what it would become.
Flag
Yay! Go Brooklyn 9-9 !
Now: to the renewal machine! ^^
Flag
Favourite new comedy, so happy Fox is standing by it at least for the time being.
Flag
my favourite of this season aswell!
Flag
Brooklyn Nine-Nine isn't bad for a no live audience comedy, and it's growing on me, but there are much funnier comedies out there, such as The Millers and Mom, both of whom have also received full season pickups. Yay! Mom is my favourite new comedy this season, by far.
Flag
Ehh. I don't exactly see why it gets good reviews, but I'm also not hating it. It's just okay to me, I guess. Nothing's made me full-on laugh, but nothing's made me roll my eyes in disgust either. I'll keep watching though because there's very few sitcoms in my schedule.
Flag
Sorry, Mom and the millers just suck!

Flag
Its ok, not great, just ok! OK?
SH is cool, anytime you can mix humor into a show, that is way cool!
SHIELD is just way cool and love the humor!
Flag
Sorry, but Marvel's Shield is as bad as Mom and the Millers.
Flag

Comedy is basically an involuntary opinion. Nobody's right or wrong in what they like or don't like. Brooklyn 9-9* is arrogant slapstick where the lead is a massive tool--both the actor and the character. The best comedies are therefore the most popular no matter how many cameras are used. We have little choice in what makes us laugh and this is disappointing that a moderate number of people think this is a good show. Perhaps you need to be high and I outgrew that many years ago. Kudos to America for liking crap...

Flag
I seriously don't understand what you are trying to say here.. You start with somewhat mature "Everyone has a opinion, and no opinion is wrong" bit, and ended with "people are disappointing as they like something that you consider crap".... Make up your mind first.. Mine is already made up. I like this show and I won't change my opinion for anyone..
Flag
Can I ask what comedies you watch and enjoy? Here are mine so you can get a sense of what I like in addition to Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I also watch and enjoy The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother & New Girl.
Flag
Sweet, I can rub this in my roommates face for the next 5 months. He thinks it isn't funny, I think it is. This proves I win.

Plus this show has made me rediscover the brilliance that is RENO 911! The epitome of a cop-comedy show), with great improv and even better guest stars. Plus they used the "mockumentary" format before it was fashionable. Respect.

Flag
You can rub it any way you want, but I like your roommate. He probably thinks that gawdawful Big Bang Theory is funny, or that stupid Modern Family...
Flag
Dude Why are you on that high horse. Who made you the king of TV and people? Who gave you the right to be so judgemental? If anyone did do it, you must have been visiting a mental institution. And before you go and explain your bullshit ideology that you love only great shows like Breaking Bad. I'd like to say Kudos. Now can you kill yourself so I can say good riddance?
Flag
Wait, wait, since when are Brooklyn 99 and Big Bang Theory on the same level? Big Bang Theory is terrible; Brooklyn 99 hasn't sunk nearly that low, and doesn't look likely to.
Flag
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is my favorite new comedy of the year. It's great to see it get a full season order. I'm a little surprised Fox gave it the post-Super Bowl spot, but I'm thrilled about it.
Flag
Wow!! Finally a cop show that is fun to watch :D
Flag
I like this show ... it's a welcome relief from all the seriousness that is the 1 hour (well 42 minutes these days) proceedural shows
Flag
Yay, it's not always that the post-Super Bowl program is something I care about! I hate when they pick a reality show.
Flag
I like all of the characters except Gina. However, she may grow on me. I'm glad B99 will get a full season!
Flag
This is great news!!!! If someone had told me a year ago that my favorite comedy would star Andy Samberg, Terry Crew, and Andre Braugher; I would have slapped them for ruining my life with their beautiful lie. Thank you, Fox for not killing this show simply because its too awesome to live.
Flag
I think the pilot has been the best episode so far, but I still see a lot of potential here. Good on FOX for giving this a chance and time to grow.
Flag
It's a good show with the potential to be great. If only it can get away from the post Dads timeslot, I'm sure the rating will increase. I'm glad it's been extended, it's one of only five new comedies that I'm continuing to watch beyond the requisite 4 Episode Test.
Flag
Yay! Best full-season order news to date this season. I don't generally watch comedies from the get go (since more than half of them end up getting cancelled) but because of the buzz I checked Brooklyn Nine-Nine out, and I wasn't sorry.

It's a great ensemble comedy. I was worried I would grow tired of Andy Samberg quickly, and while he can irritate at times, there's enough characters around to keep him grounded. Braugher is great as the no nonsense and hard to read Captain Holt (even if the character is a little one note). Diaz, Santiago, and Boyle are all quite enjoyable too, and maybe even more importantly, relatable as well. The only character I have a problem with is Gina, she's just a real bitch, but in the last episode I responded greatly to her humour, so even that's improving.

Really glad that I'll be tuning in for the rest of the season. I've been thinking about possibly doing reviews for the series? Would anyone be interested in reading them?
Flag
I read most things you post (on the communities for show I follow, obviously), so yeah, I'd read them. If you like the show enough and you enjoy writing reviews then go for it anyway.
Flag
Awesome!!
Flag
I'm so happy it got a full season. It's a hilarious show. Andy Samberg is great.
Flag
*WOOT*

<3 this show.
Flag
since I like this show, YAY!!!!!!!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members