Brooklyn Nine-Nine

M.E. Time

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Oct 08, 2013 on FOX

7.6
  • This show is rescuable, but it's kind of on life support for me

I really want to like this show, but it's testing my patience. The best part of this episode is we hardly saw any of the extremely annoying redhead (Gina) like with the previous episodes. She's a terrible character and I hope they cut her. And some of the characters are so one-dimensional they aren't sustainable. "Oh, the Captain is so stone-faced I just can't read him!" and "Look, Detective Diaz is always angry and hates everything!" are really getting old. If you can't come up with another dimension to these characters then get rid of them. Also Sergeant Jeffords is given the most ridiculous plot lines, like last week he spent the whole episode assembling a child's dollhouse castle and this episode spent hours drawing and painting at work. Does he really get paid for this? I realize it's a comedy and to some extent you need to relax your expectations of realism, but it's kind of ridiculous. Take other "workplace" comedies such as Night Court or M*A*S*H or The Office. Yes, they did some outrageous things, but there was still a feeling that the setting was a real place that could exist. I'm not getting that feeling from Brooklyn-99.
  • ME Time

The ratings may not be great for this show, but I continue to enjoy the content. There were a lot of funny lines in this one, and while the premise felt kind of cliched despite its outrageousness (guy does crazy stuff to impress crazy girl) it was handled well by someone who excels at that kind of comedy like Andy Samberg.

More people need to start watching because they missed out on a good one here.
FOX